ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0

There is a minor error in the readme file for this. It says the file WoC_installer is in 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations' whereas it is actually in 'Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\'.

My machine can't handle it :(

I didn't design the leaders - I just converted them from other mods to be used with RoM :D

Ah - I see :)

In that case, look at the BtS "Extra" mod for even more leader heads. I think it has some good ones you may be missing :)

Zappara, could you specify some minimum specifications for users to play with this extra pack. It will help cut down on the errors from users running sub-standard machines.

Perhaps Duo Core 2.0GHZ, 3GB RAM, 512MB Dedicated Graphics, 8000 GT Nvidia or better? That should be a fair minimum specifications.

To those encountering the black terrain problem, I can confirm that unpacking the 'extra civ' FPK files into the Modules folder solves this.

I was surprised that I had this as have a 1GB nVidia 9800M GTS, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, Windows 7 x64 and had shut down all other applications, and didn't have a problem running the 2.71 version. But it works, so it doesn't matter!

I have problem with this pack, when I select some countries in it I get some fatal error, I made screenshot so you can check
here's link click

i jsut can't download this been torrenting ity for 2 days just tkaing for ever >.<

well as the modders are the actuall main modders for RoM i have confidence they will be back, they also have lives o give them more than a day to get back to you.

dont bother with it, till they dont fix that error it will be unplayable and looks like this pack is dead anyway, no1 answers...
Can you post logs from your game so that I'll have better chance of solving your problem? Plus can you tell your computer specs? The megapack is working correctly on my computer. My main focus is on the main modpack, this addon pack just gets the updates after I've handled the updates to main mod - so now that v2.81 patch is out for Lite and Full RoM, I'll try to make a patch for mega pack this weekend (since the files are slightly different, the patch for regular RoM can't be used with mega pack).

Thank you

Can't say how fun it is playing with the extra Civ pack and a new dawn together - it's Civ4 on a whole different level :)

Patch made no difference =/

Patch made no difference =/

The pack is working great for me, and that is saying a great deal. Becaus I don't have a wonder machine. So can you describe what exactly what your problem is? I can probably help you.

And don't worry about deleting any civs because everything works great for me now after Zappara explained few things to me.

Plus, tell me whether you are using Afforess' AND or not. It will change the instructions I may have for you.

Click on the above link in my post back tot he Megapack problems thread, so as not to repeat myself.

Click on the above link in my post back tot he Megapack problems thread, so as not to repeat myself.

The description is strange.

OK, all I can do is give you step by step instructions. If it fails, then I'm out of ideas because my computer specs is way below yours and the civpack is humming along just fine on my computer. Here goes...

1. Make sure BtS is 3.19 patched.
  2. Make sure there is no other Rise of Mankind in the Beyond the Sword/Mods folder or be sure you rename the other RoM to something else if you simply must hold on to it.
  3. (Understand that generally My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods is NOT recommended place for mods but it really depends and I have no ideas why it is generally recommended...)
  4. Now download and install MegaPack.
  5. Now patch it with 2.81 Megapack version.
  6. Now, move the fpks to Desktop.
  7. Now follow the instructions here for unpacking and putting the art into Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules.
  8. Then check if it works.

If you fail to get your civpack to work for you, then I have no idea why because like I repeated myself above, the civpack is working just fine for me.

1. Yes
2. There aren't any, like I said, reinstalled everything from scratch. On two computers.
3. I know.
4. Yep.
5. Yep
6-8:

Unpacking does nothing for the Windows XP computer, and as I've mentioned before somewhere, on 7 it solved the Black Terrain problem, but not the ridiculously massive load times, nor the text in the top window. What does the text up there indicate is wrong anyway? I can play perfectly well with normal RoM, and with Afforess' mod pack, but something in the Megapack is broken, and the patch clearly isn't addressing it. I don't know if Zappara has looked at the log I posted yet.

The only commonality between my two computers is that they are both 64 bit systems. os79, are you on a 32 or 64 bit?

Another problem is that having to do things like unpack in an attempt to solve the problem only multiplies the number of potential points at which something could have been done wrong. As it stands, a fresh install of Civ-RoM Megapack - Megapack patch fails to work on two different computers.

What does the text up there indicate is wrong anyway? I can play perfectly well with normal RoM, and with Afforess' mod pack, but something in the Megapack is broken, and the patch clearly isn't addressing it. I don't know if Zappara has looked at the log I posted yet.
Go to BUG options and I think it was on system page.. there check the screen debug option and change it from debug setting to info setting. That makes those debug messages go away. It's not a bug or error - just feature to help modders debug the mod ;)

In that case, for some reason the Megapack has it set on by default, whereas if you go Full + hotfix + civpack, it isn't. Right, that was a lot of time wasted fiddling around with that. I wish someone had answered that one several nights ago -__-

As for the black terrain/loading times, from reinstalling several billion times, I can say this:

1. Unpacking the fpks is totally superfluous
2. Deleting civs seems to make it go away. If I have all 60-odd in the folder, the terrain is black, if I delete a pile of them, the terrain is normal
3. So, the black terrain is caused by a civ or civs?

The weird thing is, it seems to not be one specific civ that's the problem. Say I delete the bottom 9 alphabetically: I still have black terrain. But If I delete the next one, the terrain is fixed. But it doesn't seem to be that specific civ. If I restore the others, the black terrain is back. If I restore only that 10th civ, and delete another in its place, the terrain is fixed. But 10 isn't a magic number, because I could start again somewhere else and delete 8 civs out from the top alphabetically. 7 = black terrain, 8 = normal. It's ridiculous and I've spent way too much time tonight endlessly reloading Civ4.

In that case, for some reason the Megapack has it set on by default, whereas if you go Full + hotfix + civpack, it isn't. Right, that was a lot of time wasted fiddling around with that. I wish someone had answered that one several nights ago -__-

As for the black terrain/loading times, from reinstalling several billion times, I can say this:

1. Unpacking the fpks is totally superfluous
2. Deleting civs seems to make it go away. If I have all 60-odd in the folder, the terrain is black, if I delete a pile of them, the terrain is normal
3. So, the black terrain is caused by a civ or civs?

The weird thing is, it seems to not be one specific civ that's the problem. Say I delete the bottom 9 alphabetically: I still have black terrain. But If I delete the next one, the terrain is fixed. But it doesn't seem to be that specific civ. If I restore the others, the black terrain is back. If I restore only that 10th civ, and delete another in its place, the terrain is fixed. But 10 isn't a magic number, because I could start again somewhere else and delete 8 civs out from the top alphabetically. 7 = black terrain, 8 = normal. It's ridiculous and I've spent way too much time tonight endlessly reloading Civ4.

So until you figure what is wrong with your setup, I would guess that you limit yourself to specific civs you are really interested in. As it seems that reduced civs put less stress on your system.

I have 32-bit Windows 7 :shrug:. Like I said before, it is NOT high end but it works :).

Top Bottom