Advanced Civ Plus

What do you think about 'Seafaring' trait?

• Good enough. It's best to leave it that way.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • So so.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weak. Needs some BUFF!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Bad! Just change it with other trait!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other ideas (Leave comments below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spqkfk

Chieftain
This is literally based on the existed mod: "Advanced Civ"

It contains new arts, units, buildings, trait, civs and etc.
Like I said on the download page, if you have any suggestion, just leave comments on this thread.

So, are both files needed?
If so, I'm guessing main file first, then the second one is a patch to overwrite?

Appreciate it, thank you.

As I've already written in a private message to @spqkfk (we've exchanged a few messages over the last month), this mod-mod seems like a pretty big contribution. The artwork alone has a similar scope as Varietas Delectat, but is not based on that mod, and, as far as I understand, hasn't been published before as a collection (individually, yes, at least much of it). And then there's more than an expansion's worth of new content, including some two dozen additional leaders. Based on some quick tests, it's stable and it appears that the AI can handle the new content. :thumbsup:

Let me perhaps link to the download page – for anyone who comes across this thread via this subforum. There are a few screenshots there; apart from that, I guess one just has to launch the mod to see what all the additions and changes are.

By the way, it might load faster if the bulk of the graphics were packed into fpk files. Edit (March): No longer an issue with the v0.3 update (which packs the artwork files).

Last edited:
I can't load this mod(
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ_error.jpg
    Civ_error.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,160
I can't load this mod(
Spoiler :

That's weird.
Have you tried to re-install the mod?
Also, it could be you downloaded a wrong file.
Make sure if that file is the main file - not a update file.

If it doesn't work, well, I will upload a new version in a few days. (which I am currently using)
Try that and if that error occurs again, please tell me.

@DarkHorror: Did you rename the mod's folder? The name needs to be the same as the one under DEFAULT_THEME_NAME in Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml and as (twice) in Resource\Civ4.thm. I've renamed my local copy, and I don't remember what the original name was. Your splash screen says "AdvCivPlus", the archive on mega.nz is named "AdvCiv Plus". (Don't want to download it again just to check the name of the unpacked folder.) And the mod needs to be installed in the Mods folder that is located where Civ4BeyondSword.exe is (i.e. not under My Games). These are the two typical causes for that error with any mod that uses a custom theme.

@DarkHorror: Did you rename the mod's folder? The name needs to be the same as the one under DEFAULT_THEME_NAME in Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml and as (twice) in Resource\Civ4.thm. I've renamed my local copy, and I don't remember what the original name was. Your splash screen says "AdvCivPlus", the archive on mega.nz is named "AdvCiv Plus". (Don't want to download it again just to check the name of the unpacked folder.) And the mod needs to be installed in the Mods folder that is located where Civ4BeyondSword.exe is (i.e. not under My Games). These are the two typical causes for that error with any mod that uses a custom theme.
Thanks you, I renamed mod's folder to "AdvCiv Plus" and it's working now)

Huh. That might explain my issue. Good to know, and ty.

@spqkfk just approved your updated download so you're all good to go there mate. While assessing I couldn't help but admire your screenshots and especially the terrain which looks very detailed, higher res and more realistic compared to default Civ4 terrain. Does your mod or the regular Adv mod include terrain art improvements? Or is this terrain from another mod in play? If so what terrain mod is that? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on it! :)

@spqkfk just approved your updated download so you're all good to go there mate. While assessing I couldn't help but admire your screenshots and especially the terrain which looks very detailed, higher res and more realistic compared to default Civ4 terrain. Does your mod or the regular Adv mod include terrain art improvements? Or is this terrain from another mod in play? If so what terrain mod is that? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on it! :)
Thank you Blake00!
Well, talk about the graphics, my mod is consisted of other's contributions and what I made myself.
In case of the terrain, it's from https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/detailed-terrain.22966/
I tweaked a little bit of that.
I don't remember where I got the oceans or river textures, though.
It's been years since I used them (even before I uploaded my mod), so sorry for that. ;)

Thank you Blake00!
Well, talk about the graphics, my mod is consisted of other's contributions and what I made myself.
In case of the terrain, it's from https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/detailed-terrain.22966/
I tweaked a little bit of that.
I don't remember where I got the oceans or river textures, though.
It's been years since I used them (even before I uploaded my mod), so sorry for that. ;)
Thanks heaps! With Civ4's default terrain looking rather blurry and dated these days I just knew there'd be some good fan made terrain mods for it out there but hadn't had much luck finding them so far so this is great!

oh and btw something I've learned in my mod rescue & preservation work across this site is that meganz downloads don't always last the test of time as I think they have some 'lovely' inactivity clauses in their memberships. So next time you need to do a big update I recommend ModDB or internet archive org as when you put something on those sites it generally sticks around for good even if you never go back there! I have a download hosting advice 'spiel' I throw at the Civ3 modding community semi often and it certainly if not more so applies to the even bigger Civ4 mods here too (I'll have to make a nice Civ4 version spiel at some point heh) so maybe you'll find it useful in the future when pondering good large sized mod hosting options. :)

oh and btw something I've learned in my mod rescue & preservation work across this site is that meganz downloads don't always last the test of time as I think they have some 'lovely' inactivity clauses in their memberships. So next time you need to do a big update I recommend ModDB or internet archive org as when you put something on those sites it generally sticks around for good even if you never go back there! I have a download hosting advice 'spiel' I throw at the Civ3 modding community semi often and it certainly if not more so applies to the even bigger Civ4 mods here too (I'll have to make a nice Civ4 version spiel at some point heh) so maybe you'll find it useful in the future when pondering good large sized mod hosting options. :)

Haven't thought about that before.
ModDB or Internet archive seems good to me.
I will try that next time I update my mod, thank you! :thumbsup:

Moddb seems like it's broken?
I just uploaded the mod file, and also a quesion about authorization process.
But I got immediately banned as soon as I uploaded.

Moddb seems like it's broken?
I just uploaded the mod file, and also a quesion about authorization process.
But I got immediately banned as soon as I uploaded.
Oh dear.. doubt it was a human then. I know an actual human (lol) who works in the content approval team there so I'll contact him and see if we can get this sorted as he's helped me in the past. PM me your username there and the section you uploaded to and hopefully that'll give me everything I need to help them find the upload, and you.
EDIT - We got it sorted! :)

Last edited:
Hi i found a bug - one of serbian unique unit - Bogomil dosen`t work. Instead of it they can make only usual longswordsman. Can you fix it pls?

Hi i found a bug - one of serbian unique unit - Bogomil dosen`t work. Instead of it they can make only usual longswordsman. Can you fix it pls?
Actually, the unit was supposed to be removed, which wasn't, because I thought that would mess up with save files of early version.
Thank you for the report, though.

It is always welcome to have reports/ideas like this :) .

Actually, the unit was supposed to be removed, which wasn't, because I thought that would mess up with save files of early version.
Thank you for the report, though.

It is always welcome to have reports/ideas like this :) .
Hello. I'm trying to improve your advanced civ plus mod. but I'm having trouble editing some xml files. usually these files are easily edited in other mods. but there is some kind of block in yours. I don't know much about modding, so I can't understand what's going on. if possible, please explain to me so that I can solve this problem.

Top Bottom