Advanced start question

General Tso

Panzer General
Does anybody know if it is possible to use the advanced start feature within a mod? I would like to give the player the option to buy reinforcements at different times during the game. If somebody could help me with this, that would be great. Otherwise, does anybody know where the code that creates the advanced start is located? I tried looking in CvMainInterface CvWorldBuilderScreen and CvWBDesc, but couldn't find anything.

Does anybody know if it is possible to use the advanced start feature within a mod? I would like to give the player the option to buy reinforcements at different times during the game. If somebody could help me with this, that would be great. Otherwise, does anybody know where the code that creates the advanced start is located? I tried looking in CvMainInterface CvWorldBuilderScreen and CvWBDesc, but couldn't find anything.

Yes, we use Advanced start in FfH without any issues (we use it without any changes). Advanced start is controlled in CvWorldBuilderScreen, but thats just the UI, the SDK controls a lot of the actual logic stuff.

Thanks Kael,
I'll take a closer look at CvWorldBuilderScreen and FfH and see what I come up with. Do you know if the advanced start feature can be started manually from Python, as opposed to the normal method of turning on the option and starting a new map? I would like to have an option where the player can press a key at any time during their turn and bring up the advanced start interface.

Top Bottom