Advice wanted on my custom civs

Jabarto

Emperor
I recently decided to make some modular custom civilizations for my own mod. So far I have one in a workable state (Kievan Rus) and one planned (Duchy of Burgundy), and I'm wondering if some improvements could be made to one or both of them. Here's how the Rus civ looks right now:

Name: Kievan Tribe
Leader: Yaroslav I (Philosophical, Organized)
Unique Unit: Varangian (Replaces Swordsman; begins with Combat I promotion)
Unique Building: Dvorische (Replaces Market; -20% city maintenance)

My thoughts: I'm pretty happy with Yaroslav, especially since The Capo made a great leaderhead for him. I don't know much about the Kievan military, so I went with the Varangian to represent their Scandinavian roots. I'm not sure if Combat I is that useful on it's own, but this is a fairly powerful civ otherwise.

"Dvorische", as far as I know, simply means "court". The UB is modeled after Yaroslav's Court in Novgorod, which was a palatial structure near which the veche often met. The maintenance reduction is pretty powerful, but no more so than the Zulu Ikhanda.

Now for the Burgundian civ:

Name: Burgundian Tribe
Leader: Charles (Aggressive, Organized)
Unique Unit: ?
Unique Building: Textile Mill (Replaces Market; bonuses undetermined)

My thoughts: This one I'm not so sure about. I made Charles the Bold Aggressive and Organized to represent his military organization, but I don't know how appropriate this is. Also, I need a good leaderhead for him.

I went with a textile mill for the UB because the Flemish region under Burgundian control was reknowned for its textiles. I'm still not sure what would be a good bonus for it.

I have absolutely no idea what would work for a UU. I'm thinking some form of Pikeman or Knight, but I don't know much about the Burgundian army, either.

Top Bottom