Africa Mod!

Nwoll

Prince
This is a mod of Africa. It uses a 256x256 map of Africa with 17 African civs(including Arabia) in approximately real starting locations. None of the rules are changed; however almost all the unit graphics were changed to a more African style as well as the city graphics. Also chariots were removed because a) they didn't really fit with the African theme and b) it helped make Egypts UU a little more powerful.
All of the civs have a unique unit and an era-specific leaderhead (except Ethiopia on the leaderhead - not era-specific). The civilopedia is up to date, and credits are included. My biggist thanks goes to Civarmy - I used his map, as well as several units and leaderheads by him.
There is also a 100x100 map included for Multiplayer games and those who like smaller maps.
Here is the download link:
http://www.3ddownloads.com/civfanatics/civ3/modpacks/Africa.zip

Because it has almost all era-specific leaderheads it's a pretty big file (242mb).
These are the civs:
Abyssinia
Angola
Arabia
Basutoland
Carthage
Congo
Egypt
Ethiopia
Ghana
Kanem-Bornu
Mali
Matamba
Morocco
Nubia
South Africa
Swahili
Zululand

Everything should be extracted to you Conqeusts\Scenarios folder

Screenshots a few posts down.

Here's patches that fix the Boer Rifleman, Marine, and Kwanhama: Just extract to same folder and say yes to overwrite.

Attachments

• Africa Patch 1.zip
    363 KB · Views: 513
  • Africa Patch 2.zip
    304.8 KB · Views: 472
  • Africa Patch 2.2.zip
    412.5 KB · Views: 548
Unplayable :D

I'm glad someone did an Africa mod at last. Out of curiousity, did you use any of the era-specific African leaderheads that I did? There were also some popheads and (very recently) an African settler.....

I'll definately download this soon and give it a whirl. Sounds great!

Nwoll, thanks for the comment of the 1st post :) I'd suggest u post some screen shoots, I'm curious to see the Mod :)
BTW, I have plans to do more stuff to Africa in the future, maybe they could be usefull to u in a expansion pack.
I 'm curious: u said u have used a single-era LH for Ethiopian, but this country has three different era-specific LHs, one done by me, other by R8FXT and other by Sween, why did u use a single era one for this civ?

see you!

CivArmy

Civarmy - the download links didn't work for Sweens, yours i used for Abyssinia (i think thats the one you were referring to) and R8xft's is the one I used - His Candace is single era.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do screenshots.

Edit- I'm actually trying to figure out how to post screenshots, I've taken several and have them saved in bmp. format so if anyone could tell me how to post one I would be glad to.

Edit- When I try to post a screenshot it tells me the file is too large it can only be 500kb, but that would be like a screenshot of one unit by time I got it that small.

Ok I figured out I have to save as jpeg format.
Here's a screenshot of the Ethiopians on the 100x100 map.

Attachments

• pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 2,379
There was room over there and Arabia seemed like a somewhat African civ that shouldn't look to out of place over there. Most of the starting locations were placed with more emphasis on gameplay than realism; but if you know of a better civ to put over there, and could tell me a good place to put Arabia, I'll be happy to change it.
Also, thanks for the input. :)

Too big map ==> unplayable :goodjob:

ok, i just wait that this mod be more "africa themed" :)

Replace Wonders, Units, and Improvments ;)

:goodjob:

Cool Mod... it is really great to see a good Africa mod finally.

the bigger map is a bit slow to load the turns, the smaller one is much faster.

One comment though, why don't u add African Wonders, may be The Castle of Zenzibar for Swahili or the Sahet Djemma El Fanaa for Morocco...just a thought.

I don't really know a lot about any African wonders but if people would post some ideas , I'd be happy to include them. If you could post a wonder, and tell me what wonder it would replace or where on the tech tree it would go, and also a link to a graphic that looks similar I'd be happy to include it. I noticed that there is a Nubian pyramids wonder in the graphics forum, but I don't know what it should do.

Top Bottom