AG7 - Revenge of the Democracy

Turn 1: France lands two rifles. All cannons and trebutchets miss. :( Loose an elite cav to a rifle. Take them out with two more elite cavs. No leader. I am changing out Chicago to not produce any more workers. We have enough. 44 of them in Democracy.

IBT: Do not renew the peace treaty with the Japs.

Turn 2: This war is really hurting us. We have 40% WW. And France will give us zilch for peace. Well, not zilch but the 206 gold in her treasury. So I take it. Fire all entertainers and start on Medicince. Due in 6 for -70 gpt. France is up Corporation too. Start Factories everywhere.

Turn 3: just rr.

Turn 4: again rr.

Turn 5: I do not like empty space on a map. So I was creating settlers out of Chicago. Settle Kansas City. Start temple in it.

Turn 6: Increase research to get Medicine in 1.

Turn 7: We get Medicine. Start on SM. France does not have SM. SM is due in 7 at -78 gpt. We should be able to slow down our research at the end and still get it in 7 without starting going into below 0 treasury. Our ToE prebuild in Houston should fetch it.

Turn 8: Washingyon Factory -> Cavalry.

Turn 9: Turn 9, Two more factories finish. Settle San diego.

Turn 10: SM now due in 4 turns running a loss of just -10 Gpt. France now has RP. Japan has Electricity but no Medicine.

I think from here we can outresearch and out build France and Japan. They are both still at war. As long as they stay in war we have the upper hand.

The two states are fascists. This means that we shouldn't trade with them. That also goes for techs. We are lucky that this is still 1.15. We can now go the standard Atomic Theory->Electronics route as Electronics is still needed for tanks.

ROSTER:
-Aggie
-Yom (CD gone bad)
-betazed
-microbe--- up
-Mark1031-- on deck

preturn: I start Hoover prebuild in Washington. It should get done in 18 turns from now on.

Atlanta is building a colosseum. I switch it to musketman.

New York is building cav with 39spt! I switch to musket for now. Redistribute units to have one defender in every city.

Good thing is France no longer has horses.

(1)1210AD: Fix NYC to have 40spt to build cav in 2 turns. Also fix Philadelphia to have 26spt instead of 24, SF to have 25spt instead of 23.

(2)1220AD: convert more irrigation to mines and Seattle becomes a 2-turn cav factory too.

(3)1230AD: nothing.

IBT Scientific Method due. We could get Universal Suffrage in 3 turns, thus probably kill France's cascade. But we'd better get Hoover soon, so I switch it to ToE immediately and waste 134 shields.

(4)1240AD: SciMethod won't get us any tech from AI. We found Richmond.

I then set to Corporation due in 6. I think Japan will probably go for RP first, and Stock Exchange will be better for our economy.

I start Military Acadamy in NYC.

(5)1250AD: nothing.

(6)1255AD: France has Scientific Method.

(7)1260AD: Found Las Vegas.

Disband some junk units.

(8)1265AD: ZZZ

IBT France dropped 4 units next to Nippur. France and Japan sign peace. :(

(9)1270AD: Atomic Theory cannot buy RP now - looks like France is researching it.

(10)1275AD: Corporation completed. France is up Refining and Steel. :( Medicine+Corporation cannot get Nationalism! It's possible Japan is researching one of these?

I set to Refining in 9 turns. Still hope Japan will get RP.

Our culture is picking up. Now about 1/3 of the France.

We are the most powerful nation and has No.1 rank in GNP, income and productivity.

We could sell Medicine to Japan for 444g. We need Japan to catch up so I actually suggest we do so. *maybe* we could then sell Corporation+SciMethod for Nationalism, but most likely not.

We will build Military Academy in 3 turns, but in 4 turns we'll be able to build Wall Street. I think we should switch MA to Palace as prebuild for WS? Down side is that we'll waste some shields.

SAVE

Microbe I cant open the zip. It downloads as 1.5kb. You might try again or it might be a problem with the server as I noticed someone having the same trouble in another thread.

I think that we need to worry about artillery now. Get RP, build/upgrade 50 - 100 artillery and coquer the world quickly. Other techs are less apealling I'd say.

In other words: let's finish this one :hammer:

ROSTER:
-Aggie----- on deck
-Yom (CD gone bad)
-betazed
-microbe
-Mark1031-- up

ok got it......

I don't know if we should MA. They are both Facsist states, so that would be a strange twist looking at the variant. I think that we don't need it at all.

Also: we should try to stay in Democracy as long as possible. I see no issues in this railroad era, as long as we have artillery.

This was a building turn and it’s late so I’ll just give the executive summary. Switched to replaceable parts in 8. Continued all builds. I swap Washington to Suffrage and New York to Hoover as I think we can snag both. If not we get slightly expensive military academy. Rail and build. Cities with factories and Stock Exchange start on military build up. France completes Shakespear’s. We complete suffrage and France sill lacks Electronics so Hoover is ours also [dance] . Fold a few workers into core cities that are not size 12. Japan get’s RP before us to drop the costs. RP --> refining in 12 @ 50%. Want to build up some cash for upgrades/steal attempts We can probably be ready to go against Japan in another 10 turns.

Great work regarding the wonders :) I will play today and continue building military. We would need to get to Flight to make stealing interesting, so I don't know about that.

@microbe: Hoover is there in three more turns.

ROSTER:
-Aggie----- up
-Yom (CD gone bad)
-betazed -- on deck
-microbe
-Mark1031

IHT: We need three techs to make any advance interesting. I decide to switch off research. We have to upgrade muskets and spears.

Turn 1, 2 (1330, 1335 AD) Some railroading and upgrading.

Turn 3 (1340 AD) We get Hoover: The Golden Age! I completely forgot about it. What a perfect timing :) I start Smith in New York.

Turn 4 (1345 AD) A mass ugprade of muskets is now easy, with 1143 gpt.

Turn 5 (1350 AD) Japan went into anarchy. This means that we will soon attack the only other representative government on the planet. Oh well...

Turn 6 (1355 AD) Washington will now build armies only. The Military Academy is done. First army is rushed (worker rushed and then army for 1620 gold).

IT: France declares war on Japan :D We finish Wall Street and the first army.

Turn 7 (1360 AD) An infantry army is formed. Japan is out of anarchy and again in Fascism.

Turn 8 (1365 AD) Another army is rushed. France knows Electronics now.

Turn 9 (1370 AD) Pentagon in New York is ready in 4. We have our 2nd cav army. I rush a 4th army

Turn 10 (1375 AD) We have 61 artillery, 4 armies, 45 cavalry, 22 infantry. We should be ready now. Japan is losing the war vs France, which should make conquering them easier.

I would have gone into mobilization, but we haven't got Nationalism!

IT: France declares war on Japan We finish Wall Street and the first army.

Boss, was Japan in anarchy or republic/democracy? You'd better check the autosave if you have any, or I'm afraid you violated your own rules.

EDIT never mind. From the report it seemed to be in anarchy indeed..

Top Bottom