Ages of Man: the GENERAL DISCUSSION thread

No. When it's released, it'll be posted here, in the FILES thread. It's simple to install mods that way, assuming you know where your directories are, but it means that all version updates have to be applied by hand. I won't be using the Steam Workshop any time soon, if ever.

I have not installed mods that way before but I assume I still go to the Mod's tab (in game) or do I have to disable/enable manually?

I have not installed mods that way before but I assume I still go to the Mod's tab (in game) or do I have to disable/enable manually?

you install or extract the files to your C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder.

if its a modinfo file just drop it there than go to the mods section in the game and it will auto install. if it's a zip file extract the whole folder to that directory.

I'm also waiting.but these type of problems normally take more time than expected,or you lack of time to do it.

Anyway,i have a question:how can you deal with orbital cannons?i have read the features and i havent see anything to destroy then .i think that the more possible way will be with rockets launch from the surface,that crash with the weapon.the rocket is destroy,but the orbital cannon also.i think it could be interesting,has you can make rockets for defending yourselve or orbital weapons for attacking.i think there should be two types of rockets: one that only protect the hex(good for defending cities) and that have a 50% of missing the ortital weapon attacking.the other missile cover more area and are much more accurated ,but are expensier and are found later in the tech tree.also for no adding more unit types ,they can be also counted has orbital weapons.
Ps:i think that a final aircraft ,orbital multirole figther should be added,having an insane range and a great evasion bonus

I know it's been several months since I posted anything here, and the mod is functionally dead, but since we're approaching the 1-year anniversary of when the expansion patch broke everything, I figured I'd post a quick update for those few people who still care. Basically, I'm still having major problems with Real Life; some medical issues have sucked up a lot of my free time (they're getting worse and the doctors have no idea what's wrong with me), I'm about to be unemployed (contract ending, not getting fired) and don't have a new job lined up yet for after that, and so on. In the past few months I've been busy and simply haven't had much time for games, or even a real vacation for that matter, and the free time I've had has been spent on games that don't feel quite so much like work. Like it or not, modding IS work; in the year after I first developed this mod, I'd go months without actually playing a full game of Civ. Just when it was almost fully playable the patch destroyed it again, and I just haven't been able to bring myself to going through that sort of effort to get it fully working and integrated with the religion expansion and such.

It's not that I never intend to play this game again, but enough time has passed that even once I DO have the time and inclination to mod, it'll take a bit of effort to familiarize myself with the specifics. I won't even try to estimate a timetable any more, because there's just no way I could hold to it. The best chance for seeing this mod resurrected would be if I find a good job quickly, allowing me to spend a few weeks just relaxing before moving to a new city. But we all know what the job market's like right now, and I just have to put searching for a permanent position ahead of playing games in the near future.

Bottom line, yes, the mod's basically dead for now. It might come back, if I have the time, but I just can't make any promises about that.

Nice to see you back on the forum:yup:
Head up, but real live is more important then games, i know this hurts.
Anyway good luck, and i just played a few games with your mod in the past, but i loved it and your great modding skllls, i learned a lot from you:D

Definitely good to see you back in the forum, and I'm glad to hear that this is still in the back of your mind.

Real life is definitely more important and I'm sorry to hear you've been having recent medical problems.

Thanks again for all the work you did on this mod. Back before Firaxis broke the mod I found myself playing with it just about every game. The vanilla game just seemed so bland after playing with your expanded tech tree, your additional units, and your changed game balance.

Anyway, best of luck to you and I hope your job search is quickly successful!

Nice to see you back on the forum:yup:
Head up, but real live is more important then games, i know this hurts.
Anyway good luck, and i just played a few games with your mod in the past, but i loved it and your great modding skllls, i learned a lot from you:D

My sentiments exactly. Real life is indeed more important, and while it is unfortunate that you have basically left Civilization modding, you have served as an inspiration to the new generation of modders.

Top Bottom