AI nukes

Wardog

Warlord
How the AI choose the enemy cities they are going to nuke? Is it a complete random thing?

I´m playing a game on emperor and France is my stronger opponent. I then nuked their 5 biggest cities, and then they answered me by nuking one small, size 5, city of mine. It made no sense, since they could have nuked one of my nine big cities (size 23).

Can someone explain?

The AI ususally nukes your core cities or largest cities. I've also seen it attack cities with two resources in the radius too, though
Was the nuke that France dropped and ICBM? because it could be that they were nuking from a sub which they couldn't move anywhere else for risk of being sunk.

It was an ICBM. And yes, the city they nuked, although very small, had uranium and oil in its radius. Maybe that´s the answer?

Yes, ressources might be the reason.IIRC, (rail)roads get destroyed in the explosion radius, so the AIs plan here might be disconnecting your ressources.Of course this only works if the ressources are in the 8 tiles around the city square...

Top Bottom