AI war negotiation is somewhat broken...

Its certainly possible that the AI is hard-coded not to attack again for 30 turns, though I think (but I'm not positive) I've seen it do so before then.

But it still misses the point, which is that the human player can currently re-initiate hostilities after only 10 turns.

I just tested this and you are right that hostilities can be re-initiated after 10 turns. This is unfair to any AI that pays through the nose for peace, so the 10.5 change to 20 turns is a very good one, in my opinion.

I also found that in my current game the Russians *eventually* conceded a pick peace deal.... but only after ~125 turns of war, where I destroyed every unit that left their borders (at which point I had gone from half their points to 50% more points than them, because their economy had been devoted to making Keshik fodder for an eon or so.

Besides the open borders stupidity, another interesting issue is: the AI buying strategic resources it can't use, or use any time soon, either....

That's a more complicated issue. You can say the same thing (only stronger) for them buying luxuries they don't need, even when they aren't awash in gold. It comes down to trade being a big part of the game, the AI generally having excess gold, and the devs having decided to have it work like this. To put it differently, you'd be in trouble most of the time if you couldn't count on a non-hater AI making a deal with you.

That's a more complicated issue. You can say the same thing (only stronger) for them buying luxuries they don't need, even when they aren't awash in gold. It comes down to trade being a big part of the game, the AI generally having excess gold, and the devs having decided to have it work like this. To put it differently, you'd be in trouble most of the time if you couldn't count on a non-hater AI making a deal with you.

Speaking of haters, it seems that with the mod I basically don't get any neutrals nowadays. They're either friendly or guarded (and switch rapidly), so they'll either give like 720/620 for a luxury (friendly) or ~350 (guarded)... could be a side-effect of the AIs constantly denouncing and being at war with each other, and me trying to get open borders with them. Somehow an open borders agreement with an AI (when I get one) counts as a grave offense in the AI's enemies' eyes....

Oh well. Going to wrap it up with a nice steam-roll of my tanks against their crossbows now...

Here's another odd one: after taking Thebes, allowing Songhai to take it, then re-taking it, I got the chance to liberate Egypt, for which they'd be supposedly "eternally grateful". Well, I got open borders automatically with them (and Songhai's troops all automatically moved out of Egypt's new borders! -- BUG), but there's no mention of any relationship bonus when I check the red/green relationship affectors, and Egypt was Guarded toward me in the next turn (immediately after, there was no relationship status at all).

I took it back. Ungrateful Egypt!

Here's another odd one: after taking Thebes, allowing Songhai to take it, then re-taking it, I got the chance to liberate Egypt, for which they'd be supposedly "eternally grateful". Well, I got open borders automatically with them (and Songhai's troops all automatically moved out of Egypt's new borders! -- BUG), but there's no mention of any relationship bonus when I check the red/green relationship affectors, and Egypt was Guarded toward me in the next turn (immediately after, there was no relationship status at all).

I took it back. Ungrateful Egypt!

There's no bug - Songhai's not at war with Egypt at that instant, and have no OB agreement in place. Egypt will respond to you based on circumstances, but liberating them is not a "green" point. What you do get, no matter what, is Egypt's vote in the UN.

To my understanding liberation was supposed to get a diplomatic bonus in the June patch... and there's variables in the files for it. If it's not working there's nothing we can do, however, since it's applied in the game core.

To my understanding liberation was supposed to get a diplomatic bonus in the June patch... and there's variables in the files for it. If it's not working there's nothing we can do, however, since it's applied in the game core.
:(

There's no bug - Songhai's not at war with Egypt at that instant, and have no OB agreement in place.

I see.. so Egypt technically isn't at war with Songhai at the instant. BUT, they are the ones who were at war with them before they were conquered, so they should still be at war afterwards...

Egypt will respond to you based on circumstances, but liberating them is not a "green" point. What you do get, no matter what, is Egypt's vote in the UN.
False advertising on the eternal gratefulness, then!

Hmm, I found this...:

I went into the GlobalAIDefines xml and for liberate AI capital you get -80 relation, which is a good thing. (-50 or lower is "ally" threshold). However, when you liberate the capital you also captured it, so you get the capture capital penalty which is +80. The 2 cancel each other out and next turn AI denounces you based on previous events, which are usually bad things like "wonder coveting" and "aggressive land grabber". >_> Is this right?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=438057

Are we sure you get the capture capital penalty? It wasn't their capital when you captured it.
If so, then this would be avoidable by setting the Liberate AI capital to -160.

Top Bottom