Algorithm for the verkrappt

del62

Deity
I found this Algorithm by Norman Geras

001 Do beliefs influence actions, including murderous actions? Go to 002.

002 It depends. Are the beliefs right-wing? If yes, go to 003, if no go to 004.

003 Beliefs do influence actions, including murderous actions. Go to 015.

004 Are the beliefs of a type justifying terrorism? If yes, go to 006, if no go to 005.

005 We'll have to get back to you about other kinds of belief, but they probably do influence actions. Go to 015.

006 Beliefs justifying terrorism do not influence actions, especially not murderous actions. Go to 007.

007 They are themselves caused by earlier events and therefore drop out of the picture as independent causes in their own right. If you want a short philosophical detour now go to 008, otherwise go to 010

008 But don't all beliefs have causes? Go to 009.

009 Don't be silly. You're just trying to muddy the water. Go to 015.

010 Beliefs justifying terrorism are caused by grievances which have turned those who hold them into diddums radicalized people. Go to 011.

011 Diddums radicalized people have no choice but to plan the dismemberment of random others. Go to 012.

012 The actions of those who caused their radicalizing grievances are the real problem. Go to 013.

013 But are those actions, the problematic ones, for their part influenced by beliefs? Go to 014.

014 Why, yes of course. Go to 015.

015 Ends.

As a programmer I can vouch that is complete and correct and neatly sums up the attitude of the verkrappt left.

Dont ask me what verkrappt means but it sounds good.

Logic fail, belief isn't binary true or false.

Of course belief isnt binary, but it is a great summation of the way certain people think.

When I got to 002, I knew this was a spam thread.

Of course belief isnt binary, but it is a great summation of the way certain people think.

I think you meant to say, "of course this isn't true, but it agrees with my bias."

ha ha, what makes it anymore spam than anyother thread, it is a look at the way certain people think

it may hit to close to the mark for some though

when you call it spam all you are really saying is you dont agree with it.

If you disagree with it you should give some analysis of what is wrong with it.

Top Bottom