All Civved out?

you can entertain yourself by doing random things, declare war for no reason - or try the "quick" speed to increase the pace.

Yeah, it's happened. I usually quit for however long I feel like and play other games like Age of Empires.

I think it happens with all games, the only real question is to what degree?

So for example, i definately played allot more civ2 and civ3 before getting bored than how much i played civ4 before getting bored. But that makes sense since i definately found civ2 and 3 more entertaining to play when they were new games for me than when civ4 was a new game for me.

I would also say that Civ4 is like the light that burns dimly, less attractive than civ3 but lasts longer. Civ2 on the other hand is a bright light that lasts longer still!

Try playing with some of those interesting custom settings like Always War or something like that which will significantly change how the game is played.

Try playing with some of those interesting custom settings like Always War or something like that which will significantly change how the game is played.

Hmm i havn't tried always war yet, does it put all the AI's at war with each other as well?

i didnt play civ for 1 and a half years. came back to it, fell in love with the game again. i might go away again for a bit..
civ is different to other games...one always comes back

Its completely normal, I've just gotten back from a 3 or 4 month vacation from Civ. Some times you just need to change things up once in awhile, but unlike other games, I always eventually come back to Civ.

Are you playing the default game?

How about trying one of the many mods out there? That might peak your interest. Hey I know... try the Wolfshanze Mod (in my sig-line).

Lots of new toys in mods!

I can play most games for a couple weeks, maybe three, at most. With Civ 4, I play it all year round. I don't know what the deal is. I haven't even beaten any PS2 games or other PC games for months now. For me, Civ is almost to the point where World of Warcraft is for some people; if I'm not playing, I'm on civfanatics. It's almost sad!

Are you playing the default game?

How about trying one of the many mods out there? That might peak your interest. Hey I know... try the Wolfshanze Mod (in my sig-line).

Lots of new toys in mods!

Those are some nice ships! Did Matt help you with any of those?

Back to the topic. Ya It's natural to get bored with a game. I usually rotate games to keep the fresh.

Happens sometimes. I go play Universe at War or Battlefield 2 or something.

It's actually happening now, not because I'm bored of civ, but because of my broken mouse. The left click doesn't hold when I hold down the button, so a lot of times I end up double clicking things. It's annoying when that happens, especially when doing diplomacy, like when I was at war at Peter, and immediatley declared peace.

Those are some nice ships! Did Matt help you with any of those?
The Austrian dreadnought SMS Tegetthoff in the bottom-right is Matt's model (I recently reskinned it). The other models are different authors (I've reskinned most of them).

I get the itch for various games from time to time. I play them, scratch my itch, then play a new game or replay one of my classics that seem to call for me for a week, until I feel fully raw and scratched out. Civ2, 3, 4, BtS all are in that line. Lately, unlike many of my other games, the BtS itch has still stayed with me for about 6 weeks. What I can't understand is how I'm having so much fun to stick with the Civ fansites as well? :p

Now that I reread your question, I'll quit specific Civ games in the middle if I feel like I'm not going in the direction I want to go with it. Part of the itch is for specific types of victories, conditions, or leaders/nations.

I'm a bit of a Civ addict, of course, but I still get tired of it now and then. What I try to do is play a different type of game each time with different leaders. So one game I'll play for military conquest (Agg, Charismatic, or Rome), another is played for wonders (Ind), another to max out Great People (Phil), another to try to leverage religion (Spiritual), and so on. That way I'm not playing the same type of game with the same strategy and tactics every time.

I play huge maps on marathon speed so my games end up taking me almost a month to get through. By the end of a game, I'm sick of the modern era units, but starting over with a new game in the ancient era feels just like a new game (what an awkward sentence; ehh, you know what I mean).

I just play different games - I'm a fan of virtually every major game genre...and pretty decent at most ;). Actually my best games are RTS in general and madden/ncaa football.

Running through new and old RPGs helps too.

Mixed with Civ IV, it's hard to get tired of gaming, since real life demands don't give me time to play ALL of these constantly...!

Top Bottom