All Quiet on the Civ Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it's also typical for a "deluxe edition" to give those DLCs at a discount compared to buying them alacarte. Initially that wasn't the case with Civ VI and that's what irritated so many users.

Not sure what you're talking about? I'll admit I don't have much experience with things like deluxe editions, but to the best of my knowledge (and I purchased the Deluxe Edition several months in advance of the release) no changes have been made to what it contained.

Also the fact that you could purchase the deluxe edition if you already had the game to pay less then the individual dlc cost. That made no sense. Also redshell, they deserve every bit of negativity

Could you? If so, that's only a nice bonus thing, certainly not a reason for negativity.

And Red Shell has been removed. Keep up with the news before complaining about a company that may lack in communication (which seems to be enforced from higher up, so don't blame them for it) but that has made a great game and keeps showing they listen to the community.

Not sure what you're talking about? I'll admit I don't have much experience with things like deluxe editions, but to the best of my knowledge (and I purchased the Deluxe Edition several months in advance of the release) no changes have been made to what it contained.

I think they meant that initially you paid $20 more for the deluxe edition to receive ~$22 of DLC. So a discount, but you usually expect more than $2 in savings in that sort of thing. I think the fact that one of the DLC (i.e the Viking one) didn't include a leader also irritated folks.

I'm fine with it - I bought the deluxe edition pre-release as well, as I knew I'd pretty much buy all the DLC anyways. But I can see how some folks might have had different expectations (though expecting it to include an expansion as some did is ridiculous).

The Linux qa branch got a couple of updates earlier this week, and the Linux branch itself was just updated for the first time since March 13, so I'm guessing they'll be up to date shortly.

But as for PC, nothing of note since the July 24 update on one of the qa branches (that was five days after the patch that removed red shell).

(Edit: typo)

Last edited:

Could you? If so, that's only a nice bonus thing, certainly not a reason for negativity.

And Red Shell has been removed. Keep up with the news before complaining about a company that may lack in communication (which seems to be enforced from higher up, so don't blame them for it) but that has made a great game and keeps showing they listen to the community.

I get it, you want to defend them. It wasn't a real gripe of mine personally. I left a pretty glowing review on release. I'm just stating a fact. People felt duped by the initial 4 DLC and left bad reviews. That's a fact. They're still there if you dig for them. Those are bad reviews that had nothing to do with its gameplay but dragged it's rating down anyway. That was my point. Why argue?

The Linux qa branch got a couple of updates earlier this week, and the Linux branch itself was just updated for the first time since March 13, so I'm guessing they'll be up to date shortly.

But as for PC, nothing of note since the July 24 update on one of the qa branches (that was five days street the patch that removed red shell).

Thank you WillowBrook, for this small update on what is going on.

Civilization's Facebook account seems to be more regularly updated than usual. They're also advertising a sale currently. Heightened social media activity and trying to get the game into more hands could be indications that something new is on the horizon.

Heightened social media activity and trying to get the game into more hands could be indications that something new is on the horizon.

I hope so. I've been in a holding pattern waiting for news on Civ6 and XCOM2's alleged 2nd expansions.

Last edited:
Civilization's Facebook account seems to be more regularly updated than usual. They're also advertising a sale currently. Heightened social media activity and trying to get the game into more hands could be indications that something new is on the horizon.

Watching civ6 news on twitter. But i dont think there is an increase in number of PR tweets. Not considering summer holidays should be over. At least in the part of the world i live in.

Watching civ6 news on twitter. But i dont think there is an increase in number of PR tweets. Not considering summer holidays should be over. At least in the part of the world i live in.
Not sure about Maryland, but here in the Chicago area, there are still plenty of people taking their summer vacations. Not like in July, but most suburban schools here don't start for another week, and Chicago students don't go back until September. Of course, some people will be hard at work after June or July vacations. But if there are a couple of releases coming up in the next six months for Firaxis, I'd imagine some people would take as much time as possible this summer.

But who knows...

It took them too long to remove it, nobody ever even said they were sorry. And I'm keeping up, thank you.

It took them too long to remove it, nobody ever even said they were sorry. And I'm keeping up, thank you.

It took them until the very next patch, which included nothing but the removal of Red Shell and cross-platform multiplayer, which is quite a big indication that they inserted the patch specifically for those two things.

And they're not allowed to communicate by 2K's order. How hard is that to understand? They want to but they can't. Don't ******* blame them for things they can't be blamed for. Seriously.

(Edit: I should note, we don't actually know the communication thing for sure, but it appears pretty obvious considering how eagerly they engage with the community when they can)

Sorry, I can't stand people irrationally blaming Firaxis (or any company).

Sorry, I can't stand people irrationally blaming Firaxis (or any company).

I wasn't blaming anyone, I was asking an honest question hoping you might have a link to an article where Firaxis wished they could say more and finding it hard to not interact more with the community. No need to bite my head off.

I wasn't blaming anyone, I was asking an honest question hoping you might have a link to an article where Firaxis wished they could say more and finding it hard to not interact more with the community. No need to bite my head off.

That's why I made my edit.

If anything; the one thing I really really wish that they would fix is Australia's Outback Station graphic. I keep forgetting that there is some bug in the game right now which means that only outback stations next to pastures get the fence graphic around them, and outback stations not next to pastures do not get the fence around them. That and I remember when Australia first came out, pastures had a unique graphic if they are next to a outback station; that seems to be gone all together now which is annoying when it doesn't all link up. I use to love having a huge sprawling outback station crossing my whole empire; not it's just a bunch of squiggly fences making rings around a single pasture.

I don't know if it's been mentioned already... but What is this "289084 - Sid Meier's Civilization VI Depot" that was updated 12 days ago, has now size and described as unused?

It seems to have had "Steam Sub 261665" included in it 12 days ago in it with no cost. But already has a "ValveTestSub 18577" and "Battleborn: Digital Deluxe for Beta Testing" in it - I don't think it looks like an expansion; so what could it be?

*Summons the holy prophet @Eagle Pursuit*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom