All Quiet on the Civ Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then you would have the weird paradox of how your corporations would work if you switched to Communism. Does anyone remember if you could have Corporations with Communism in Civ 4? I can't remember. I know civ 4 had different government trees, but I think one tree focussed on economic policy.

it's bad enough you can already run the free market card while in communism.

And then you would have the weird paradox of how your corporations would work if you switched to Communism. Does anyone remember if you could have Corporations with Communism in Civ 4? I can't remember. I know civ 4 had different government trees, but I think one tree focussed on economic policy.

Corporations had no effect with the state property civic.

The current bad reviews were from a review spam by people upset with the Red Shell Analytical Tracking. In looking through the reviews, most actually came from those who did not even own the game.... As for DLC it would be nice to see each Civ get a couple of new leaders each, seeing as this was the whole premise for the way they did leaders this time around. I would expect one more massive expansion next year with some DLC after that; which will flesh out more leaders hopefully. While it is nice to see DLC, getting tons with an expansion is much better. Not to mention easy for the balancing with new mechanics being added in and existing Civs which would need reworking to match the new stuff. I would like to see however, a little DLC not a complete stoppage.

See, this is the thing. Communist countries have also had companies even before all the “communist” countries became free market. Big state owned companies that owned huge chunks of industry and people and raised funds from international markets and or state owned banks.

Companies aren’t inherently capitalist - they are just a way to organise capital and resources.

Wouldn't a communist corporation just be a worker co-op? Something like the Mondragon corporation.

Idealistically communism just means the workers own the means of production. It doesn't eliminate free market or corporations.

My one request for the new expansion is to not include any world wonders that I could have possibly visited but did not (because I did not know it existed or was even there).
I just realised an hour ago that I was in 2016 I was in the Japanese city of Kamakura and didn't see the Kōtoku-in...
I am now in a permanent state of gobsmacked with my jaw hanging low catching flies...

Let's not be spoiled. I love the game as is. We just got an expansion. The AI is getting better.

Surely good things to come in time. If they did only patches until Civ 7 I will be playing for years....

Is the AI any good yet? All the posts I see here and on Steam are pretty negative about the AI

Then why are many other titles rated so highly on Steam?

15-25k are enjoying the game every day on steam. Trust on yourself if you think the game is good Enough or not.
You will probably get your moneys worth if you buy civ 6 and all its content on next sale.
If not, just wait till the next expansion like those visiting this tread

They must be well-liked on multiplayer, which I think is a big part of Steam. Civ 6 probably doesn't have as popular a multiplayer scene. I'm just guessing though.

Less then 0,0001 of all my time spend on civilzation games has been multiplayer. Cant be bothered as i want to play when i want to. And not looking forward to dropouts.

Reactions: tzu
Less then 0,0001 of all my time spend on civilzation games has been multiplayer. Cant be bothered as i want to play when i want to. And not looking forward to dropouts.
Once in a while you'll find a decent opponent. I generally never drop out until the game is through, and hang out on chat and view some graphs. It seems bad karma to drop out even after I've been legitimately killed off.

Edit: I don't play other multiplayer so I'm just guessing Civ 6, which is what I play, is poor compared to others.

Last edited:
Then why are many other titles rated so highly on Steam?

I guess you werent aroumd during Civ 5 vanilla era, the negativity and steam reviews were horrid. They got better after the expansions.

Many of the negative Civ 6 reviews are 'Why deluxe edition didnt include Rise and fall expansion! Greedy Firaxi$!!" or "Take off red shell!"

Besides looks like Civ 6 was one of the best selling games of this year on Steam, outselling Civ 5 every month:
https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/95cwnh/civ_6_one_of_top12_best_selling_games_on_steam_in/

Red shell and poor deluxe edition launch helped tank civ VI's ratings too. Neither had much to do with gameplay. The AI is lacking but otherwise Civ VI was the most fleshed out vanilla version of Civ that I've seen.

poor deluxe edition launch

aka people whining about things that were explained crystal clear. Deluxe Edition was announced as 4 post-launch DLCs for free without any guarantees about the content of the DLCs, no more, no less. The only thing that people had a right to whine about (and a good one at that, imo) was that in some currencies the Deluxe Edition was more expensive than the base game plus the DLCs purchased separately, and Firaxis compensated for that big time.

aka people whining about things that were explained crystal clear. Deluxe Edition was announced as 4 post-launch DLCs for free without any guarantees about the content of the DLCs, no more, no less. The only thing that people had a right to whine about (and a good one at that, imo) was that in some currencies the Deluxe Edition was more expensive than the base game plus the DLCs purchased separately, and Firaxis compensated for that big time.
Yeah but it's also typical for a "deluxe edition" to give those DLCs at a discount compared to buying them alacarte. Initially that wasn't the case with Civ VI and that's what irritated so many users.

Also the fact that you could purchase the deluxe edition if you already had the game to pay less then the individual dlc cost. That made no sense. Also redshell, they deserve every bit of negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom