Allied with Maritime - not getting food

walkerjks

King
This is the second game in a row where this has happened to me. I am truly allied. I get the luxury. None of my cities are getting the bonus food.

Do I have to have my capitol next to a river or shore to get the food? I have never had this problem before moving away from the starting location to settle directly on a minable luxury. But now, two games in a row.

Any thoughts?

This is the second game in a row where this has happened to me. I am truly allied. I get the luxury. None of my cities are getting the bonus food.

Do I have to have my capitol next to a river or shore to get the food? I have never had this problem before moving away from the starting location to settle directly on a minable luxury. But now, two games in a row.

Any thoughts?

Usually the surplus food shows as a bonus to city hex yield. It might still be bugged. In any case, remove all workers from all tiles and check the food input. If its 3 or more (provided the city terrain itself isn't granting +1), you're getting the bonus.

I get the food and not the luxury. Go figure. It's complete. and they are allies I have a Save Game. It's just a bugged elephant.

Yeah, the CSs are a bit slow hooking up luxuries. By 1600 BC, they often still don't have them (and unfortunately, unless you have line-of-sight to the tile, you can't be certain if they have it yet or not when you spend your cash). Also, with the higher barbarian counts, they get pillaged with some frequency and the CSs have a nasty tendency to lose their early workers.

On the flip side, I started getting cotton from a CS last night but a check of their city showed the cotton was actually 1 hex outside their border! Some turns later it said they lost the connection to the cotton lol...?

Top Bottom