Aloha communication thread

So, we'll beeline Mass Media, rush the UN (can we get a Great Engineer?), then vote for Epsilon, together with Aloha? I think it's kinda cool.

Yup.

To Aloha:

Aloha,

Finished Corporation. Since Piffle is unreliable we plan to research electricity, radio and mass media. Then to increase production we finish railroad if necessary. Hopefully we can get assembly line also and build a factory before we begin the UN. We will also try to develop a great engineer.

Home stretch,
Team Innovia

OK i know they are going for electricity. can you go another route for a turn or two to let me see if they plan on gifting those techs.( run zero science for gold increase) IF they dont then I think we may want to follow PLAN B.

I don't even want to waste the two turns, but what say you?

Well, if we save up gold for two turns, we can run 100% later.

Thats true. Ok, well go zero for a few turns.

From Aloha with the save:

HEy guys...any word on what you think of Piffles deal. They are gettign nervous about you not replying.

Considering what happened to our short lived tech alliance I think we should ask for their techs as a sign of trust before risking our lives on a military adventure.

If they do give us the techs then we would have to stall the attack until we build the UN.

Also what do you think about leaking the plans and screen shots to Epsilon?

Absolutely ask for the techs first as a sign of trust. As things stand it seems we can't really trust Piffle.

I'm not so sure about 'leaking' the plans to Epsilon though, maybe that's something to discuss later on.

Why would we want to leak to plan to Epsilon? All it would do is screw our reputation and end the game in an unsportly manner... or have I missed something?

To Aloha and Piffle:

Dear Piffletarians,

Considering how short lived our tech alliance was we are not inclinded to enter into any military adventure with you at this time. Sharing your technologies with us would help to create a trusting and cooperative relationship that has so far been lacking in our deelings with you and which are so necessary for any sort of military alliance.

We hope you understand our position,
Team innovia

Is that too harsh? Please sugest any corrections and I'll send it tonight.

P.S. Leaking the plans to Epsilon was meant to finally ruin the Epsilon-Piffle tech alliance. But I think your right, its just a bad idea.

I would go for something that will give them more incentive to send their techs to us. After all, we could certainly do with them. How many techs are they ahead?

Dear Piffletarians,

Considering the extremely short-lived nature of our past tech alliance, you must understand that our trust and faith in you is a little lacking at present, and so we are not inclined to enter into any military adventures with you at this time. However, if you would be willing to share your technological discoveries with us, this would certainly help to lay down some foundations of trust, and we could begin to consider your plans for a military alliance. Sharing your technologies would help to rebuild the trusting and cooperative relationship that has so far been lacking in our dealings with you, and which is essential if we are to align forces in a military campaign. If we cannot trust you, we cannot have the kind of relationship which is very necessary for any sort of military alliance, and so we cannot agree to your plan.

We hope you understand our position,
Team Innovia

P.S. Leaking the plans to Epsilon was meant to finally ruin the Epsilon-Piffle tech alliance. But I think your right, its just a bad idea.
Yeah, I was fairly dubious myself. I really don't think it's a good idea either, at least at this stage.

Sent Parkin's note to Piffle and Aloha.

Rob says tro us:

Please forward their responses. Dont let on that your telling Aloha the conversation. IF we can catch them in a lie then we will know what they are up to. They have indicated to me that they will not gift over the techs so we may have come to a end with working with them unless your ultimatum results in them rethinking their course. IF they indicate that they are targeting you I will make sure you know as soon as I do.

Should we warn them of the Epsilon fleet? I am not entirely convinced it is going to us yet.

That probably is a good idea just to give them a heads up that something may be happening.

Joe posted something on Jan 11. Joe do you remember wherte you got the tech alliance sugestion from?

The discussion with Piffle was all in the f4 screen. Basically we told them twice what we were working on and the would get bach to us a few turns latter saying they are further along could we research something else. I'll try and post the actuall conversations when I get some time tonight.

It came from our gmail account inbox from Aloha :)

We wrote:
Epsilon has three loaded galleons within range of our coast. We have prepared for the worst. We'll keep you appraised of developments.

Team Innovia

They wrote
OK let me me know if I can help. Get some ships over there to cut off there escape. Also tell me exactly where and I can see if I have anything in range to gift over.

Oh, along with the save rob asked hows it going, says they'll have artillery in 2-3 turns and offered to send troops.

I said things aren't great, that tech would be good and not to bother sending troops.

Rob sent this note along with the save:

Finally... You guys hang around a bit longer... I am about to do something that will shock you.

I said:

Rodger that, were doing our best, but you should probably hurry if you really want us to see it. :)

They also asked for a map swap and I agreed.

Top Bottom