Aloha communication thread

Toooo Aloha:
Thats good news about Scientific Method. We finish Steel next turn and so can send it to you the turn after that.

Ok sounds great. We have a couple of GP's so we can bulb part of economics or physics. Is there any preferance for you guys. Also do you know what Loco are researching at the moment.
says Aloha ebulliently.

I just sent them an email. I'll forward it to you as soon as I get an answer.
1889 replies, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

How 'bout sending them a quick note thanking them for Economics and saying that we're going to do Physics next?

Sent to Aloha:

Aloha Aloha,

Thanks for Economics. We are two turns from Steam Power, but we have temporarily stopped research on that. We got another scientist and noticed that Physics is still unknown so we decided to use our scientist so we can get it first and earn the free GP. Physics will take 3-4 turns then we will finish Steam. Both techs will be sent to you as soon as we get them.

Wish us luck,
Innovia

Piffle wanted to know if you would be willing to work out a deal for physics. They are aslo interested in some form of long term cooperation throguh techs and military to deal with epsilon. Let us know what you think

We got this yesterday.

we probably want to share techs with them, and I think it's a good idea if each team gets a small reaction fleet, so if someone gets attacked, the other teams can attack Epsilon in the back.

Sounds like good ideas. I don't realy trust Piffle after their last attempt to make a, for them, extremely favourable alliance, but turning them down is even more risky in the long run, so I reckon the risk/reward is balance is in favour of accepting their offer of an alliance.

I would have to agree with above, it's the best way to stop Epsilon running away with it. Possibly beelining for important miltary techs, industralism combustion, Flight/Arty.

Theoden, you have killercane's hotmail adress, right? Could you try to chat with him?

Theoden, you have killercane's hotmail adress, right? Could you try to chat with him?
I will do that if I manage to catch him, but he hasn't been online very much, if at all, lately. The same goes for Whomp.

A three way tech alliance is the way to go. I also like dutch's rapid deployment force idea.

Let’s try to get this chat set up:

Alohaians,

We are eager for another chat. We need to split up the tech tree to avoid any overlap (we just started Rail road BTW). We have also been contacted by Piffle and think it may be time to offer them another opportunity to join our club. How would you feel about a working together with them?

Please tell us who from your team would like to chat and what their MSN IDs are.

To facilitate a chat I'll remain logged into MSN throughout most of the day as 1889 (GMT -8), you can also keep a look out for....

If you would like to be an ambassador post your MSN ID and any info you wish to share about when you’re active so I can add it to our message.

king_ednew AT hotmail DOT com - usually online somewhere between 14:00 and 22:00 (13:00 and 21:00 GMT).

Edited and sent.

Spoiler :
Alohaians,

We are eager for another chat. We need to split up the tech tree to avoid any overlap (we just started Rail Road BTW). We have also been contacted by Piffle and think it may be time to offer them another opportunity to join our club. How would you feel about a working together with them?

Please tell us who from your team would like to chat and what their MSN IDs are.

To facilitate a chat I'll remain logged into MSN throughout most of the day as 1889 (GMT -8), you can also keep a look out for Dutchfire, evldrunen@msn.com - Generally active between 16.00 - 20.00 local time (15.00 - 19.00 GMT) and Theoden, king_ednew AT hotmail DOT com - usually online somewhere between 14:00 and 22:00 (13:00 and 21:00 GMT).

Hope to hear from you soon.
Team Innovia

robboo sent me this in along with the save of a pbem game I'm playing:

Aloha wants to chat about possible techs and war against Epsilon. We are in no position right now BUT if we can work on co-ordinating our builds and techs we may be able to hit them hard. Our team is down to maybe 3 members.

From Robboo to my personal e-mail:

OK whats your idea on how to deal with Epsilon. your on innovia right. Casey is on Piffle. Casey wants to nuke epsilon with lots of nukes.

Whats your idea...

Sent to Aloha:

Alohans,

We will finish corporation next turn. The plan, as you and Piffle know, was to share technologies and beat Epsilon to space. Unfortunately Piffle has traded for this technology while being fully aware that we were only a few turns away. We don’t know what sort of understanding you have with them but we don’t understand it.

The only way to out-tech Epsilon is to cut them out of our trades, but we have to admit that even if we did get the techs first building and launching the ship is a whole nuther matter. We also think military action, satisfying as it might be, is unlikely to turn the game in our favor. There was a slim chance of UN victory, but Piffles unreliable support kills any hope there as well.

Long story short, we are ready to concede victory to Epsilon. I was thinking of posting to that effect in the main forum with the suggestion that we all work toward the UN so that we can elect The Leader as quickly as possible as long as Epsilon promises to make one last EEN episode.

-1889 of Team Innovia

We've got mail.

As I understand it..Epsilon and Piffle had an agreement till Electricity. So this was sort of expected. This game is loss and honestly I thik what you propose is a good idea BUT I wouldnt make it public. It would make epsilons victory hollow. Besides I want Piffle to think they have a shot then see us back stab them. They went from talking about military cooperation to attacking us in the span of 10 turns.

Top Bottom