Alot of problems...

WGW

Warlord
Hi,

I had a time ago a problem that i couldnt play the game.
I tried to uninstal but i could not uninstal for some weird reason...
After a long time searching on internet and stuff i got it of my pc and reinstald it.

Now i want to play again and put my BtS cd in my pc.
It did auto start up, i tought it was weird but i let the game start up manualy.
I want to start a costum game and stuf when i see that i have an TXT problem....

I see instead of costum screanario TXT_etc....

Weird... put i still kept going doing my best to play the game...
Well i saw a lot of TXT errors all around.
And the worst part of all when i want to change civic or religion i cant.
Becaus i open the window of civics and i get the top screens were all civics are in.

But the lower screens were normaly an explination is in i only have 1 of.
I also dont have a 'revelotion' button on the down bar only 1 cancel button in the mid.

Same goes at religon....

Please can anybody help me!!
This is also with warlord.
Not with normal Civ 4, only warlords and BtS.
I really would like to play the game.
Is it some issue with wrong uninstal?
Are both my cd's broken or something?
I really dont know anymore :sad:

isnt there anybody who can help me?? :sad:

I would recommend a complete uninstall and reinstall of all programs.

install the most recent version of DirectX 9c from Microsoft

then do the following for a clean reinstall:

Uninstall and Reinstall Civ4 Warlords BtS :

Try to follow this order when doing stuff:
Use Control panel to uninstall Beyond the Sword, then Warlords, then Vanilla
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
(note: application data is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files, also these directories in application data are sometimes removed by the uninstall routine)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8}" (Civ4)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3E4B349F-10B5-4586-9D99-489A90A8B228}" (Warlords)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989}" (BtS) (note: InstallShield Installation Information is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files).
Install Vanilla, immediately patch it to 1.61 (download it fresh from here)
Install Warlords, immediately patch it to 2.08 (download it fresh from here)
Install Beyond the Sword, immediately patch to 3.13 (download it fresh from here).

Thank you so much!!!

You saved me!!
It works again ^.^

I declare you to my god!
Thanks!

I'm off, playing the game again :D

(MOD, you can close, delete or do whatever you want with this)

Top Bottom