AltFuture: British Civil War 2007

mrkingkong

Young Padawan
Ok guys heres the deal...

Im making a new scenario, based on the possibility of all out war between radical groups in Britain, with the BDA,Muslim Extremists, al Qaeda(different to the muslim extremists because they are still wanting to kill all westerns which includes Muslims living in Britain), the British Government and the Irish Republic.

Updated as of 12th July

The Story
It is a time of strife in Britain and the world. With the advent of terrorism, the world has never been the same. Whilst other countries developed and changed, the extremist attacks in Britain continued to gain ferocity. Eventually some of the people of Britian could stand it no longer. Sick and tired of the government's lacck of action, they took matters into their own hands and formed the BDA (British Defence Association), an extremist group specifically formed to combat the might of al Qaeda. With strife and conflict about to tear the fabric of Britain apart, and with the increasingly depleting natural fuel resources, the government decides it has to act. Declaring a State of Emergency, it gathers all remaining non-extremist Brits and Muslims into a few last strongholds of power, and attempts to ride out the rest of the strife from there. Meanwhile, in Ireland, all peace agreements are thrown down and the Irish Republic attempts to recapture Ulster for its own...

The "Civs"
1) British Government, Muslim Defenders, Liberal British (at war with 2 & 3)
2) BDA, Ulster (at war with 1, 3, & 4)
3) Terrorists (at war with 1, 2)
4) Republic of Ireland (at war with 2)

The Help I Need
Basically just leaderheads. Unless anyone is willing to make any units, perhaps for Muslim Defenders or BDA militia type people? ;)

The leaderheads are:
Tony Blair
Osama Bin Laden
Some BNP style person
Some Muslim Prophet style person
The Irish Taisoach (or however it is spelt)

Help, comments, suggestions would be much apprecaited. Unfortunately no screenshots as yet, but il post as soon as there are any. Promise!

cheers in advance,
mrkingkong

Extremely unrealistic.. but nevertheless interesting.

Why would you label the Muslims who are being attacked by the BDA as "extremists" if they are defending themselves from Extremist Brits. Anyways, why would the Republic of Ireland aid Britain? They'd rather take advantage of the situation and end the Ulster problem for sure.

With the United States around, no civil war would occur because they'd join the British government, as well as the European Union.

This would be my recommendation for locked alliances.

1) British Government, Muslim Defenders, Liberal British (at war with 2 & 3)
2) BDA, Ulster (at war with 1, 3, & 4)
3) Terrorists (at war with 1, 2)
4) Republic of Ireland (at war with 2)

Ha! Remember, in britain we don't allow people to have guns. This has the double effect of reducing violent gun crime and making the likleyhood of a vigilante uprising impossible. :)

To be honest england is about the most stable country in the world, countries much more likley to have civil wars would be;
One of the south american countries, many of which have seen thier economies fall to peices over the last few years and who have massive problems with illegal drug production and kidnappings.
One of the middle eastern countries, where the war would mostly take place after they had been invaded by America, which is the one situation which is likley to increase tension and feed the cause of extremism.
A south east asian or ex communist/non-EU country such as the Ukraine which feel alienated by high trade tarifs and agricultural subsidies by the western nations. The root of trouble is likely to be regionalism versus the drive towards intergration with a larger state.

That's not to say that things might not change in the future.
here's some things that could make almost any country ripe for revoulotion in the future;

Within the next 30 years the number of people collecting pensions will massivly outnumber those who are working. This could result in taxes as high as 50% of the average wage. Also the people collectiong pensions will be the voting majority and so will control national policy. Can anyone say taxation without representaion?

Also during that key 30 year period the demand for Oil will outstrip the rate of supply. The cost of supply will also increase as more expensive methods of extraction are needed. Most industrailised countries now rely on natural gas or Oil for thier power geneartion needs, the future could see a massive increse in the use of coal and nuclear power and a general increase in the cost of electricity. Obviously making coal and nuclear power safe for the enviorment is even more expensive, so expect an increase in the cost of living with an attendant reduction of economic growth in first world countries.

If you want a revolution in england scenario set it 30 years in the future with a bankrupt economy, an outdated military which has been mostly decomissioned or sold off and a infratructure that is run mostly on nuclear or coal powerplants...
The factions would be young radicals versus aged conservatives with a largley indifferent population caught in between and forced to join one faction or another. The catalyst would likley be a military coup or high proffile terrorist act or assasination.

So called "Global terrorism" is just a flash in the pan compared to the troubles that lay ahead if the media and government continue to avoid the real problems in favour of sensationalising the actions of a small but agressively militant group.

Its not at all a realistic scenario! There are only around 1.5 million muslims in the UK and around 63 million people in total...i doubt they could ever thry and form a government or rebel cells or anything. A more realistic scanario would be to have the econonmy collapse and Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland Break away from the Union and have England trying to prevent this...or even breaking up into factions itself....thats still unlikely...but far more likely than ANY brit...muslim or not...starting a civil war in the name of Al Quida or for that matter any significant or organised portion of our non-muslim society ever, ever attacking a mosque!
The idea of a Uk civil war is interesting...but the cause youve chosen is a bit too much.

Ok guys thanks for the feedback. Your suggestion then would be what? To scrap the idea and start again?

2 points (please take these in the correct way-they are not ment to be insulting in the slightest):

1. I thought that the idea of a muslim/non-muslim war in britain would be fun to make and play,with two different cultures vying for power. I did not intend to make it specifically realistic as i have no knowledge of the british economy, social feeling,etc.

2. This is my scenario, and though im sure you may appreciate the need for a more realistic scenario, i was making the scenario more sort of "what could happen in extreme circumstances". If you know what i mean?

I appreciate all yuor thoughts, and have decided to make the following changes (mainly conccurring with Mobilize's suggestions):
~Locked Alliances changed- Britain and Ireland no longer together (perhaps some wonders in British cities to allow reinforcements to arrive from the EU or America)
~Name of Muslim Extremists changed to Muslim Defenders
~Date changed to 2070, with the scenario now set in a collapsing economy as fuel rates soar and population age increases.

As you can see, i appreciate and deeply consider any changes suggested by you. Please continue posting your ideas. I hope to have screenshots up soon, and after that the actual scenario itself. Bear in mind this is not supposed to be entirely realistic with the modern world, only what could happen in 60 years or so.

cheers,
mrkingkong

mrkingkong said:
1. I thought that the idea of a muslim/non-muslim war in britain would be fun to make and play,with two different cultures vying for power. I did not intend to make it specifically realistic as i have no knowledge of the british economy, social feeling,etc.

2. This is my scenario, and though im sure you may appreciate the need for a more realistic scenario, i was making the scenario more sort of "what could happen in extreme circumstances". If you know what i mean?

BjBlue, I think kingkongs goal is to play on the Al Qaeda fears going around. Not the real threat. This is a what if the bogey man was real sceniaro. As if the war on terror can actualy be one through military means. Am I right or right? I think it would be a fun sceniaro for just that reason.

It's realisticly built on Westerners nightmares.

Exactly drzoidberg! I thought it would be fun to make, but i was understandably worried i think you'll agree, that it could be taken not in the best of tastes...

Not as much of a response as i was hoping for to my first scenario. Do you think it is because of the topic, or due to the fact that there are no files, screenshots,etc as yet?

cheers,
mrkingkong

Top Bottom