Always War(Apollo)-No Free Techs

Turn 185, Combat Report Continued

The push to take Nhiet Tihn continued.
Spoiler :

After surviving a naval bombardment with just a few hp, the Xeno Swarm caused one fair chunk of damage defending against my Prophet as it moved next to the city.

Then it came down to which of my units Nhiet Tihn would target.
Please shoot my ships, please shoot my Gunner, please shoot anyone but my Prophet!
Spoiler :

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. :cry:

The battle to take Nhiet Tihn was lost without any more melee units.
My Evolved CNDR wouldn't arrive at Nhiet Tihn until turn 191ish.
I retreated in good order shooting everything I could.
Spoiler :

Wait a minute.
Where's that PAC satellite?
**Squints**
Not there.
I might have failed to take the city by tiniest margin because of brain damage. :hammer2:

Eastern Front (Franco Iberia)
Franco Iberia started the turnset at Purity 2 while I was at Supremacy 9.
3 Prophets and 3 Overseers were tasked to conquer everything they could.
No reinforcements were expected until the next turnset beyond turn 185.

Remember when I said the PAC front was the bloodiest of the turnset?
Yup, I lied. :o

Started killing Tacjets while lining up on the border.
Spoiler :

Franco Iberia responded with troops right away, but Combat Rovers are hopelessly obsolete past turn 170.

Then the massacre started with Overseers shooting things and Prophets finishing them off. :ar15:
Spoiler :

The force was overwhelming and Fidele fell easily on turn 174.

Spoiler :

Surprisingly, with only a few Tacjets and an injured Marine, Franco Iberia took Fidele back and killed my Prophet. :eek:

I of course took Fidele back right away.
Spoiler :

Advancing towards the capital Le Coeur, I took note of its upgrade to 61:c5strength: and backed my Prophet off after seeing how much damage it could do.
This was going to take all 3 Overseers to capture...
Formed a line and murdered anything that got close while my 2 Prophets healed up.

Spoiler :

Turn 185, Combat Report Continued

2 turns before I was ready to advance on their capital, Franco Iberia dropped a satellite in front of their city. :mad:
This thwarted my plan to drop a TacNet Hub Satellite at the last minute to give Le Coeur less time to shoot it down with its Rocket Battery.
Once again I had no Educator to shoot it down and make room for my own satellite.

Whoever was planning my production needs to be fired!
Hopefully it wouldn't turn out to be the difference between success and failure like the PAC campaign.
Spoiler :

And then it was time.
Tora! Tora! Tora!
My little army swarmed all over Le Coeur.
The counter attack killed off 1 of my Prophets, but the Overseers did too much damage.

Spoiler :

Le Coeur was captured on turn 181 and Franco Iberia lost their capital. :D

Would Franco Iberia take their city back killing my last melee unit in the process?
Let's find out!

WhoooaAAaaa that was close! :eek:

Surging forward past Le Coeur, I killed everything I could, but my last Prophet died in the attempt.
Tacjets and enemy units continued attacking Le Coeur, but by turn 185 they weren't making much progress.
My 3 Overseers kept shooting and killing everything that got close.
Spoiler :

Feeling confident about holding Le Coeur, I split off 1 Overseer and a reinforcement Evolved CNDR to take Slavic Federation's newest outpost.
Named Zuberi, it settled right next to 7 Firaxite!
Unfortunately, the Slavs continued their bad habit of upgrading their new cities the first possible turn. :cry:

Where do they get the Energy to do that for every single Outpost? :hmm:

The World's casualties this turnset were 14 Tacjets, 11 Needlejets, 3 Gunboats, 6 Cruisers, 1 Artillery, 4 Gunners, 7 Marines, 3 Lancers, 2 Guardians, 1 Disciple, 5 Armors, 1 CNDR, 2 Xeno Swarms, 6 Combat Rovers, 1 Missile Rover, 1 Trade Vessel, 2 Trade Convoys, 1 Worker, and 2 Colonists.
My losses were 4 Prophets, 1 Arbiter, 1 Disciple, 1 CNDR, and 1 Trade Convoy.

Strategic Overview Turn 185
(Whole World, no resource bubbles)
Spoiler :

Notice the Slavic Federation has probably settled some more cities on that island north of the PAC's Nhiet Tinh.
Will try to sail my Explorer up there to take a look.

I am keenly following this story being an avid AW player. I like your reports, the one issue I have though, is the terrible map. I have a hard time following the battlefield action thanks to the colors and clutter on the map provided by Firaxis. Maybe I am too old, but I can't really catch the action from a tactical point of view.

I am keenly following this story being an avid AW player. I like your reports, the one issue I have though, is the terrible map. I have a hard time following the battlefield action thanks to the colors and clutter on the map provided by Firaxis. Maybe I am too old, but I can't really catch the action from a tactical point of view.

Mmm, I'll see what I can do to emphasize the military units better.

You guys probably don't care about tile yields as much as I do. :lol:
I was a hardcore Civilization 4 player where yields mattered a lot more.

In the future I'll turn off the tile yield, turn off the resource bubbles, maybe edit a file to get rid of the blur effect, up the gamma if possible and see if things are brighter, and use more .png screenshots instead of .jpgs even though they take up twice the bandwidth.

Thanks for the feedback ThERat :)

**Edit**
Ok, I cleaned and supered up the screenshot as much as I could, but now it's too big :lol:
Couldn't find any game setting to make it brighter.
Turned off the DoF blur and the UIBlur.

Maybe I could play the game at a resolution smaller than 1920x1080 so that the full sized screenshots will fit onto a forum post? :hmm:
Such a shame that photobucket only displays up to 1024x768 in links and I have to monkey a bit to get the full size.
In fact, I'm pretty sure the linked pictures are smaller than 1024x768 sigh.
No happy middle ground.

I also need to find the code that makes my unit icons fade and have them be bright all the time like AI units are, but it probably beyond my skill.
Need an UI mod if someone makes a good one.

Here is the full sized 1920x1080 screenshot.
Spoiler :

Here is the smaller 1600x900 screenshot.
Spoiler :

Bah, still kind of big.
How about 1366x768?

That looks better to me.
Should I post screenshots that look more like the one above?
If I make the screenshots too big on the forums, then people with smaller monitors or the zoom set at 125% or 150% will have to use that annoying little scroll bar at the bottom of the screen to read each of my sentences.

Next time you need top put all the AIs in one team to get a little more challenge.

[pissed] Steam just broke my game!
The new patch dropped, so I started Civ : Beyond Earth in offline mode and it still patched the game somehow.

I'm at -285 health and the -50% :c5science:, -50% :c5culture:, and -100% growth are simply murder. :mad:
Can probably still win since the huge growth phase is already over and the production penalty doesn't affect :c5production: from trade routes. :hmm:

Aaaah, the display without the resources is so much clearer, thanks much. You don't need to maximize the images, same size as before would do as long as the units and cities can be seen.

[pissed] Steam just broke my game!
The new patch dropped, so I started Civ : Beyond Earth in offline mode and it still patched the game somehow.
I'm at -285 health and the -50% :c5science:, -50% :c5culture:, and -100% growth are simply murder. :mad:
Can probably still win since the huge growth phase is already over and the production penalty doesn't affect :c5production: from trade routes. :hmm:
Will you try to win despite the new inconvenients for low health?
I'm curious to see if it can really be done and if the AI will use his "intrigue bonus" against you with its spies.

BTW Steam patch your games without saying it since some times now...
If you were online and Steam was launched it has patched the game even if you weren't playing.
I'm not sure you have an option for not downloading patches.

I'm pretty certain Kaitzilla will win. The lead is enormous and with no military penalty the unhealth will not hurt that much.

Will you try to win despite the new inconvenients for low health?
I'm curious to see if it can really be done and if the AI will use his "intrigue bonus" against you with its spies.

BTW Steam patch your games without saying it since some times now...
If you were online and Steam was launched it has patched the game even if you weren't playing.
I'm not sure you have an option for not downloading patches.

So far enemy spies are only targeting my capital.
With the Surveillance Web limiting my max intrigue there to Level 3, I don't have to worry about anything too major happening.
Like losing my capital to a coup!

Yup, still going for the win. :D
I'd be sweating if being super unhealthy gave -50% Energy or -50% Military Strength, but it doesn't.

Thanks for the info on Steam Dyvim. :goodjob:
I knew not buying physical would bite me in the butt some day.

I'm pretty certain Kaitzilla will win. The lead is enormous and with no military penalty the unhealth will not hurt that much.

Thanks for the encouragement Folket. :)
Ya, I only need to capture 4 more capitals to win Domination.
Don't need to conquer every city.

I'm very surprised that every AI can be fought simultaneously in permanent war with some success.
Usually civ games are harder.

I'll definitely want to try this again with the new patch on a different map.

For now I'm gonna switch to some shorter turnsets.
Trying to fit 15 turns into a report is becoming difficult at the end of the game.

Turn 185, Empire Report

Some of these screenshots were taken after the new patch.
So if you see +260:c5science: in some screenshots and half that in others, that's why. :p

Encountered an amusing situation at the start of the turnset.
One of my new cities can't form trade routes because it is completely surrounded by miasma!

I don't have any techs that can clear a miasma tile either. :lol:
Here's some more trade route stuff:
Notice how strong my trade routes were before the patch and Hutama's ridiculously long foreign trade route.
Spoiler :

Settling and capturing some cities in good spots, I've finally solved the issue of transport Needlejets between continents. :D
Rebasing Needlejets over water definitely works at a range of 7 tiles.
The maximum distance could be 8 or even 9 tiles over water, but I need to do some more testing to find out.
Spoiler :

The Church of Dawn's Light landed on a one tile island north of my main continent, but I doubt I'll be trading with it.
Spoiler :

Here's proof that my 1:move: SABR heavy artillery really can move twice in water. :)
Spoiler :

The Slavic Federation continues to impress me by how fast they upgrade their Outposts once they turn into cities.
Here's Zuberi going from 21:c5strength: to 61:c5strength: with an Artillery and a TacNet Hub Satellite between turns.
Spoiler :

As of turn 185, I now consider the Slavs the strongest enemy civ in the world even if only Supremacy 6.
In this screenshot you can see everyone's score that matters along with the 4 capitals I need to capture to win the game.

Got a new Affinity Quest to complete that I've never seen before called Steel Synapse. :D
It says I need to build 2 more CEL Cradles.
Easily done!
Also decided to hack some satellites to complete the REDACTED quest.
Losing the chance to steal 25% of a tech is probably dumb, but sometimes you have to do what's fun and I really want to know what the reward is! :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Was pleased with the spies this turnset.
2 out of 3 succeeded in stealing :c5science:
Spoiler :

Between turn 171 and turn 174, I got 3 building quests that I wanted very badly. :D
This was followed by 2 more building quests later in the turnset.

Feedsite Hub I picked +1 Covert Agent and placed it in Javed.
Command Center I picked +1 Covert Agent and placed it in Axiom.
Cel Cradle I picked +1 Covert Agent and placed it in Pembela.
Surveillance Web I picked "Spies need fewer successful mission to level up"
Network I picked +1:c5culture:
Still waiting patiently for my Holomatrix to give me +1 Free Virtue.

Earned enough :c5culture: to gain my 12th virtue.
Picked Democratized Quartering for -50% maintenance for units.
Saved me +63 Energy per turn immediately and is growing towards +100 Energy per turn as my army and trade fleet swells.
Spoiler :

Turn 185, Empire Report Continued

Reached Supremacy 10 this turnset by teching Autonomous Systems.

This allowed me to upgrade all my Cruisers to much stronger Arbiters (36:c5strength: ranged, 16:c5strength: melee).
Because of the much higher melee strength they don't sink in 1 shot like Cruisers do.
With the new patch basing their defense off of ranged strength (pretty sure), they will be as hard as my Prophets to kill. :D
Picked the +15%:c5strength: next to friendly unit perk instead of +30% when defending.
Spoiler :

Also reached Harmony 2 by teching Swarm Intelligence.
This unlocked the extremely powerful Evolved CNDRs (63:c5strength:)!
Chose the +30% in home territory perk instead of +50% when fortified.
With the new patch requiring Harmony 4 to unlock Evolved CNDRs, I checked to see if I could still produce them and it seems I can. :D
Spoiler :

Teched Autonomous Systems, Swarm Intelligence, and will be starting on Collaborative Thought.
I was originally going to tech Fabrication for magrails and Carriers, but the affinity quest Steel Synapse changes things.
If the quest can give me 12 Supremacy XP, I'll reach Supremacy 12.
Supremacy 11 isn't that appealing since it upgrades my Disciples (T2 Marines) and Needlejets (I don't have many).
But Supremacy 12 upgrades my Overseers (T2 Gunners) so that they can attack twice per turn!
So Collaborative Thought is a better choice than Fabrication in my opinion.

Supremacy 13 is the ultimate upgrade in my opinion, but there isn't any easy way for me to reach it.
(4:move: hover tanks that can attack from the ocean as well as on land, ignores terrain movement costs, and can pick a perk to ignore Zone of Influence) :eek:

Spoiler :

Cidadela built Surveillance Web, CNDR, Prophet, Trade Convoy, Trade Convoy, Trade Convoy, and started CNDR.
Santo Adriao built Cruiser, Trade Vessel, Disciple, Trade Vessel, CNDR, and started CNDR.
Manoel built Autoplant, Cruiser, Trade Vessel, Educator, Trade Vessel, and started CNDR.
Dourado built SABR, CNDR, Needlejet, CNDR, and started CEL Cradle.
Boa Esperanca built Alien Preserve, CNDR, Prophet, CNDR, and started Evolved CNDR.
Batista Aldeia built Alien Preserve, Laboratory, Trade Vessel, Trade Vessel, and started CNDR.
Borda Dura built Autoplant, Trade Vessel, Trade Vessel, Trade Vessel, and started CNDR.
Fogo Sagrado built Trade Convoy, Laboratory, Cruiser, TacNet Hub Satellite, Trade Vessel, CNDR, TacNet Hub Satellite, and started Arbiter.
Terra Alegre built Trade Depot, Recycler, Old Earth Relic, Laboratory, and started Needlejet.

Freeland built Alien Preserve, Worker, TacNet Hub Satellite, Needlejet, and started CNDR.
Richport built Trade Convoy, Cruiser, Trade Vessel, Trade Vessel, and started CEL Cradle.
Jimboomba built Alien Preserve, Cruiser, CNDR, and started CNDR.
Rangi built Alien Preserve, Cruiser, Trade Vessel, Prophet, CNDR, CNDR, TacNet Hub Satellite, and started TacNet Hub Satellite.
Harta built Laboratory, Worker, Trade Vessel, and started Needlejet.
Maeva built Autoplant, Trade Vessel, Needlejet, and started Trade Convoy.
Ascensao built Trade Depot, Recycler, and started TacNet Hub Satellite.
Pacifico built Trade Depot, Recycler, and started CNDR.
Lembranca built Trade Depot, Recycler, Old Earth Relic, Laboratory, and started CNDR.
Bencao built Trade Depot and started Recycler.

Ganzorig built Old Earth Relic and started Laboratory.
Fiel built Recycler, Old Earth Relic, Laboratory, and started Disciple.
Paraiso built Trade Depot and started Recycler.
Alto Torre built Trade Depot, Recycler, Laboratory, and started Prophet.
Huanle started Trade Depot.
Fidele started Trade Depot.
Le Coeur is in Martial Law until turn 196.

Pran built Old Earth Relic, Recycler, and started Laboratory.
Saira is in Martial Law until turn 199.
Vasanta is in Martial Law until turn 191.
Central built Recycler and started Overseer.
Vanguard started Trade Depot.
Liberty is in Martial Law until turn 193.
Kesempatan built Recycler, CNDR, and started CNDR.
Monumento started Trade Depot.

Do you guys still want screenshots of every individual city?
I've got so many now I can't fit all the screenshots in a single post anymore. :sad: :cry:

Here's my empire as of turn 185:
The view is a little closer than the Strategic Screenshots.
Spoiler :

Here's the Spy Report on the 3 biggest civs.
Both African Union and Kavithan Protectorate appear to be going for Affinity 9 or even Affinity 10.
Spoiler :

As of Turn 185 I have 16 Evolved CNDRs and 1 SABR running around on the map.
Lots more are being built and more Firaxite is coming online to keep it going.

Patch 1.0.1.607

Despite my best efforts, I will be playing Turn 185+ using the new patch. :crazyeye:

Here are the patch notes for 1.0.1.607
http://www.civilization.com/en/news/2014-12--civilization-beyond-earth-fall-update-now-live/
Spoiler :
Civilization: Beyond Earth Fall Update Now Live

Date: Dec 8, 2014

Posted By: David Hinkle

We’re happy to report the first major patch for Civilization: Beyond Earth is now available. This patch, a collaborative effort between Firaxis Games and all of you who took the time to provide feedback since launch, will automatically download the next time you start up your Steam client. If the patch is not downloading, try restarting Steam.

Players affected by the 144hz monitor issue should find that is no longer the case. Another issue preventing achievements from unlocking has also been fixed. And, in addition to fixing these and other issues, Firaxis has also addressed a number of gameplay balance requests from the community – like optimizing trade route yields and doing away with one particular Covert Ops exploit. This is a substantial update, so please take a few moments to pore over the full patch notes below before you jump back into Beyond Earth for one ... more ... turn ...

Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth Fall Update Patch Notes

Balance

Wonders and Buildings:
• Holon Chamber provides 3 Science, 4 Energy (was 5 Science)
• Mind Stems cannot be bought with Energy.

Diplomacy:
• Any diplo item can now be traded in exchange for a peace treaty
• Lump Energy trade requires a Cooperation Agreement.

Trade:
• Water trade routes no longer receive any increased yield.
• Revised trade route formula for city-to-city trade, with reduced yields.
• Trade Depots can no longer be purchased with Energy.

Aliens:
• Clearing a friendly alien nest now removes the Xenomass resource from player stockpile.
• Adjusting passive recovery rate for alien opinion to be slower, to permit easier aggression escalation.
Covert Ops:
• Establish Network now has 0 difficulty and produces 0 intrigue. This prevents players from exploiting it to increase intrigue.

Health effects balancing:
• From -20 to -70, Production is penalized -1% per point (up to -50%).
• From -15 to -65, enemy Covert Ops Intrigue is increased +2% per point (up to +100%).
• From -10 to -60, Science is penalized -1% per point (up to -50%).
• From -5 to -55, Culture is penalized -1% per point (up to -50%).
• From 0 to -50, Outpost Growth is penalized -2% per point (up to -100%).
• From 0 to -50, City Growth is penalized -2% per point (up to -100%).
• From 1 to 5, nothing happens.
• From 5 to 25, Production bonus +1% per point (up to +20%).
• From 10 to 30, enemy Covert Ops Intrigue is decreased -2% per point (up to -40%).
• From 15 to 35, Science bonus +1% per point (up to +20%).
• From 20 to 40, Culture bonus +1 per point (up to +20%).
• From 25 to 45, City Growth bonus +1% per point (up to +20%).
• From 25 to 45, Outpost Growth bonus +2% per point (up to +40%).

Virtues:
• Eudaimonia (Tier III Prosperity virtue) now provides -15% less Unhealth (was -25%)
• Learning Centers now provides +1 Science for Academies (was +2)

Game Setup:
• Sponsors:
o Kozlov Ability: Orbital units last 50% longer, +50% Petroleum resource (was Orbital units last 20% longer and first launch grants free technology)
o Barre Ability: +10% Growth when Healthy, all cities start with an Old Earth Relic (was +10% Growth when Healthy)
o Rejinaldo Ability: Melee units +10% Strength, all units +5 Heal when fortified (was +10% Melee combat strength)
o Elodie Ability: provides 1 free Virtue for every 10 Virtues earned normally through Culture (was 1 free Tech for every 10 Virtues earned in any way)
• Colonists:
o Aristocrats now provide +4 Energy per City (no Health bonus)
o Artists now provide +3 Culture per City (no Health bonus)

Tech Web:
• Clear Miasma now unlocks on Ecology (was Alien Biology)
• Miasmic Repulsor now unlocks on Alien Biology (was Ecology)
• Array Science bonus now unlocks on Astrodynamics (was Orbital Automation)
• Planet Carver now unlocks on Orbital Automation (was Astrodynamics)
• Markov Eclipse now unlocks on Transcendental Math (was Artificial Intelligence)

Stations:
• Station start turn base is now 30 (was 20)
• Station minimum allowed distance to another station is now 2 (was 3)
• Station minimum allowed distance to a city is now 6 (was 5)
• Station minimum allowed distance to an outpost is now 5 (was 3)

Affinity Perks:
• Harmony level 1 grants Miasma Immunity to the Explorer unit (was Alien opinion recovers twice as quickly)
• Purity level 1 adds double combat strength when defending to Explorer unit (was Aliens cannot attack Explorers)

Quests:
• Affinity rewarded as a quest reward now ramps up slowly over the first 100 turns (on standard). This ramp will vary with game speed.
• All players now get affinity quests within 1 turn of each other. If it's not possible for all players to receive a quest at the same time, the game waits until this is possible, then immediately gives all players a new affinity quest.
• Autoplant Building Quest grants bonus Production (was +1 Trade Route)

Units:
• Explorers now have 6 combat strength (was 3).
• Sea units now follow the same rules for ranged combat defense as all other units: they use the highest of their combat values (ranged combat or melee combat) when calculating defense.
• Combat Rover unit can no longer fortify, and no longer receives defense bonuses from the terrain it is on.
• Raising the secondary level requirement for the hybrid upgrades of affinity units:
o First affinity unit (ex. Xeno Swarm) now upgrades at level 10 of main affinity and level 4 of secondary affinity (was 10+2)
o Second affinity unit (ex. Xeno Cavalry) now upgrades at 12+5 (was 12+3)
o Third affinity unit (ex. Rocktopus) now upgrades at level 14+6 (was 14+4)
o Fourth affinity unit (ex. Xeno Titan) now upgrades at level 16+7 (was 16+5)
• Lowering strategic resource costs for many affinity units, to ensure consistency across affinities and make top tier units easier to build. The first affinity units require 1 strategic, the second require 2, the third require 3, and the fourth require 5.
o CARVR now costs 2 Firaxite (was 3)
o Rocktopus now costs 2 Xenomass and 1 Floatstone (was 3 Xenomass and 1 Floatstone)
o LEV Tank now costs 3 Floatstone (was 4)
o SABR now costs 3 Firaxite (was 4)
o Xeno Titan now costs 5 Xenomass (was 7)
o LEV Destroyer now costs 5 Floatstone (was 7)
o ANGEL now costs 5 Firaxite (was 6)
• Increased production costs of upgraded Combat Rovers and Missile Rovers:
o Combat Rovers now cost 80, 160, 260, 370 (was 80, 140, 220, 320)
o Missile Rovers now cost 100, 190, 290, 400 (was 100, 180, 270, 370)
• Lowering combat strength progression of Combat Rover:
o Combat Rover combat strength progression is now 12, 18, 28, 52 (was 12, 18, 32, 52)
• Changes to the combat strength of affinity units, to make non-upgraded ones more weak in general:
o Xeno Swarm now has 22 combat strength at start, 54 when upgraded (was 34, 54)
o Xeno Cavalry now has 36, 72 (was 48, 72)
o Rocktopus now has 60, 92 (was 60, 82)
o Xeno Titan now has 86, 114 (was 96, 114)
o Battlesuit now has 24, 66 (was 40, 66)
o Aegis now has 34, 34 double strike (was 40, 40 double strike)
o LEV Tank now has 44, 77 (was 52, 77)
o LEV Destroyer now has 74, 104 (was 84, 104)
o CNDR now has 24, 63 (was 38, 63)
o CARVR now has 38, 76 (was 50, 76)
o SABR now has 52, 86 (was 58, 86)
o ANGEL now has 78 with 78 melee, 102 with 88 melee (was 88 with 88 melee, 102 with 102 melee)

AI:
• Once the game is in Extended mode (after the player clicks the One More Turn button) the AI will now only pursue Domination.
• Warmonger threat per city acquisition is now capped.
• Warmonger calculation now scaled down when cities are taken by Sponsors that are reacting to a war that was declared upon them (that is, when that civ is not the aggressor).
• Adjusted AI bonuses on higher difficulty levels.
• Additional AI tuning, improvements, and tweaks.

Gameplay Feedback:
• Implemented anonymous gameplay telemetry for design feedback.

UI

Settings and Game Setup:
• The menu now displays EQAA modes instead of MSAA modes if in Mantle version and the GPU supports EQAA.
• Added option to disable UI/Map blur.
• The player is now informed that enabling max turns disables victory achievements.

Trade:
• Previous trade routes appear in their own category at top of trade route chooser

City/Production UI:

• Adding Health tooltip help in City View to explain health sources and population cap
• City production pop-up now shows the last item completed.
• Increased city renaming from 15 character max to 23 character max.

Misc:

• Allow "One More Turn" after the default win conditions (Contact, Promised Land, Emancipation, Transcendence, Domination, Time), added text to defeat screen explaining how you were defeated.
• Option to make minimap opaque
• ESC leaves orbital mode instead of raising in game shell menu
• Added a badge to covert ops button in the action corner which will show up, and a warning to the covert ops panel when a player has any cities with high intrigue.
• Tech web - adding color underlays to building and wonder types.
• Added additional Advisors for trade convoy and trade vessel.
• Added support for third party wars in diplo overview.
• Full touch/gesture and pen support added (Ultrabook, Surface Pro, etc.).

Multiplayer

• Setting the internet server browser list distance filtering to worldwide.
• All players are notified when anyone completes a victory wonder.
• Multiple improvements to stability.

Modding

• 2D fallback image now supported for leaders on all video quality settings, not just the lowest.
• Added the ability to mod Quests.

Bugs

• Embarked workers can now correctly repair pillaged improvements.
• Fixed an issue where Max turns was getting set on “Reload”, causing achievements to not fire.
• Fixed bug where victory achievements would only unlock for the first player on a team.
• Fixed empty trade requests that could occur during the AI turn.
• Fixed multiple Quest issues (quest tracking, information, and reward bugs).
• Fixed multiple issues with screen resolution on specific displays (like the 144Hz full-screen issue), and a Mantle issue causing the game to not display on the correct screen.
• Setting MaxTurns only affects timed victory conditions. For a timed victory, you must either not set MaxTurns (of which, there will be a default for the game speed), or set it to 100+ turns. All other victory conditions can be achieved regardless of max turns.
• Friendly aliens no longer blockade cities.
• Fixed some specific issues with resources not appearing properly in the player stockpile.
• Many additional bugs and crashes addressed based on community feedback. Thank you!

Some interesting changes! :crazyeye:

Trade routes got nerfed.
Can't get a 3rd trade route from Autoplants anymore.

Naval units calculate their defense based off their ranged damage now instead of melee, so no more 1 shotting each other. :)
Armor type units no longer get defensive bonuses from terrain or being fortified which is a pretty big nerf.

Affinity 4 units are now weaksauce (24:c5strength:)
My Evolved CNDRs are still awesome (63:c5strength:) :mwaha:

Health matters now. :cry:
None of my cities will ever grow again and I will have to struggle with -50% to culture, science, and production.
My Energy per turn and the :c5strength: of my military units aren't affected by the patch, so I should still be able to continue. :D

Minimaps can now be made opaque hmm.
Nothing else really jumps out at me.
Will have to play and see.

Turn 201, Combat Report

Strategically, this turnset was about pushing as hard as possible to capture the 4AI capitals shown in this screenshot:
Once I capture Khrabrost, Tiangong, Magan, and Mandira I'll win the game! :D

Southwestern Front (Kavithan Protectorate)
Kavithan Protectorate started the turnset at Purity 8 while I started at Supremacy 10 + Purity 2.
My large force of 2 Prophets, 2 Overseers, 2 Needlejets, 3 Arbiters, 4 Evolved CNDRs, and strong reinforcements were poised to crush KV into dust! :D

Harsha fell easily on Turn 186 after being bombed by Arbitrators from the sea.

Then the massive push west began! :D
2 Overseers and an Arbitrator swept away an enemy Lancer.
The patch might have changed something here because the Lancer didn't get its usual +30% bonus for unused movement points.
Maybe the human goes at the end of the turnset now?
Spoiler :
Next target was the coastal city of Sabda.
The giant force coming against it was simply too much to stop.

A Kavithan Lancer and Battlesuit tried to slow me down in front of the city, but my Needlejets and ranged units made sure that didn't happen.
Sabda was captured and Annexed on Turn 189.
This was also the turn I unlock the Virtue Channeled Wrath for +15%:c5strength: to ALL of my units thanks to a synergy bonus.
So unfair to the AI! :lol:
Spoiler :

West of Sabda was just more ocean.
Perhaps ocean all the way to the Kavithan Protectorate capital?
I sent some of my 7:move: ships west to find out while bringing even more Needlejets over from the homeland.
Spoiler :

1 Arbitrator was sent south to finish off the island resistance and discovered the city Asraya.
A Prophet, Disciple, and Educator reinforced from Pran through the middle of the island from the east, but a giant canyon meant only 1 could attack at a time.
Spoiler :
Not a huge problem since I have naval power.
1 melee unit will be all I need. :D

Uh oh! :eek:
What's this? Kavithan Protectorate has a navy?
Pull the Arbitrator back from Asraya!
Move the airforce to Sabda!

Right away I blasted and sank the Carrier that had 1 Needlejet on it.
My Needlejets were just out of range.
Spoiler :
Then Kavithan moved the rest of their navy in and things escalated. :o
Spoiler :

At the critical moment, I dropped a Tacnet Hub Satellite in the ocean to make my army +20% stronger.
3 Kavithan Cruisers all blasted my Arbitrator for a combined 42 damage. :lol:
And that was the story of the naval battle.
The AI's best shot was not even half the hp of one of my ships.

The counter attack was brutal.
Spoiler :

Turn 201, Combat Report Continued

With most of the Kavithan navy swept away, it was time to push towards the capital.
An enemy Cruiser had the brilliant idea to shoot at one of my embarked Evolved CNDRs causing it massive damage.
Embarked land units are so weak! :cry:
Thankfully a 4th Arbitrator was sailing in to keep them safe from further attacks.
Spoiler :

Freed from a life and death naval battle, I briefly sent an Arbitrator back down to finish off Asraya.
It was captured and Annexed on turn 194.

Then it was finally time for the Kavithan capital Madira.
All possible defenses were swept away.
Spoiler :

Evolved CNDRs moved up next to the capital to deliver the deathblow from land or sea(-50% attack).
Spoiler :
The AI could do nothing. :)
Mandira was captured easily and Annexed on turn 196.
I'm not sure it built any defensive buildings. :lol:

Now that the land around Mandira was my borders, all my Evolved CNDR's got a +30% bonus.
With 3 Combat promotions and a Tacnet Hub Satellite, they'd have close to 150:c5strength: massed up attacking things inside my borders. :crazyeye:

The last Kavithan units were swept away as I focused on the final objective, taking the African Union capital of Magan.
Was even able to bring my air force over into Mandira since it was precisely 10 tiles away from Sabda.
Spoiler :

Northwestern Front (Slavic Federation)

Turn 201, Combat Report Continued

Well! Things went better than I expected with the Evolved CNDRs. :lol:

Won the game on Turn 201 at Supremacy 12. :dance:

Top Bottom