Am I the only one experiencing the Mars Colony bug?

Cherenkov

Warlord
I've seen nobody else complain about this so I'm a little confused. Since the last patch the Red Planet event never gets triggered after completing the Mars Colony. I've get default end conditions as usual, seen this on large, normal, huge maps. Tried playing several turns after to see if it ever got triggered and nada. I have to resort to completing the tech tree to complete the game which takes a lot longer to finish vs Mars Colony.

And google searching turns up nothing. In fact searching anything related to Humankind/mars colony/red planet just returns results related to real life stuff nothing game related :(

What the hell is going on? Nobody else has seen this bug since patch around 10 days ago?

Ok, good to know others are having issues with this :) I was surprised nobody had said anything about it given how game breaking it is.

Thank you for bringing up this game bug. I mentioned the situation on Steam when I completed the entire tech tree without being given the option to launch a Mars Mission and was told there was no problem.

Am therefore relieved (sort of) to find out I was not simply imagining this bug which seems to have crept in since the last game patch.

I did not know it is a bug, but I tried everything to get this victory, built every possible space station, and yet nothing happened...

FYI I have this same problem. I have no idea how the Mars thing works - i build the stations then get weird pop up tasks with unrelated text with a "Confirm" button

FYI I have this same problem. I have no idea how the Mars thing works - i build the stations then get weird pop up tasks with unrelated text with a "Confirm" button
Mars is supposed to have a popup giving the choice of ending the game or getting a money/sci/inf bonus. However, instead it seems to trigger some other random events.

It sounds like this won't get fixed till the October 28 patch :(. I wasn't there for Civ 6 in the beginning but in my eyes it is equivalent of a SV not working in Civ 6 at launch and Firaxis ignoring it for 6 weeks. Still love the game but I'm not impressed with how Amplitude handles game breaking bugs like this.

Makes me wonder if either Amplitude is going completely revamp the science tree since it doesn't seem important to them to fix this anytime soon or they really are going to sit on this till end of October. I'd rather see little patches rather than a humongous one that will most likely break a bunch of stuff again.

Top Bottom