Ambrox Bronze Age Units

hi ambrox, thank you very much for all your hard work & creativity . . . sadly i have a problem, i was testing your chariot archers in - game and during one part of the attack sequence a funny coloured line shoots at about 300 degrees from the animated unit to the top of the monitor, experience telling me that this sort of thing tends to CTD

am i doing something wrong? has anyone else experienced this? is it is God getting me back for all those cattle mutilations?

can't take a screenshot as it only lasts a second or two . . .

during one part of the attack sequence a funny coloured line shoots at about 300 degrees from the animated unit to the top of the monitor

Something like this?
Spoiler :

Try a workaround: instead of using the *_fx.nif, use the (not fx) *.nif and let me know what happens

Hello Ambrox ! :p A long time I didn't come to your thread. Hope you had great xmas time !

Just a info update for who is interested in my next unit production

I'm working on a "classical age" unit set for ancient Mediterranean civs (from 1200 to 1 BC, i.e from the beginning of iron age to the imperial Rome)
This set will contain the following unit types:
Armored Javelineer
Heavy Spearman
Swordsman
Bowman
Horse Archer
Light Cavalry
Elephant

I've planned them starting from next february on weekly basis.

Furthemore I'm working on spot units like the spartans in the attached picture.
Stay tuned ;)

The spartans is a great idea. I plan to work too on such units :p so, I eagerly await your great work !

Hi CJ,
I've seen your latest native units, and they are so good :eek: that should deserve a mounted javelineer UU :goodjob: May be, one day, next summer ;)

Some of the unit type that I promised are already out (heavy spearmen, swordsmen, horsearchers), the others are half completed. Unfortunately I've had a fault to my blender workstation and it's under repairing currently. Nonetheless I'm pretty sure to complete the set in a month starting now.

cheers for reply mr ambrox, will test

and especial thanks to the illyria units, i had knocked up an illyria civ but all they had were warriors, tanks and enver hoxha on a space hopper

Spoiler :

I've attached fixed nifs for babylon and assyrian axemen showed at the top of the picture above, just in case someone is interested on them. The previous ones have a animation bug in the left arm. ;)

I discovered the bug while working on a request on the following unit.
You may download the swordsman from the post #1
Spoiler :

Attachments

• axeman_fix.7z
    18.5 KB · Views: 85
How do I actually use the units in game?

Indulge a relative newcomer to modding and tell me how I install these skins. They look fabulous, btw.

These units are for modders which would use them in their own creations.
If you are a newcomer, you should read some tutorials on "how to add custom units to civ4" (search in the "tutorial" subforum).

For players, instead, I suggest to DL , install and play the following mod:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=371077

Don't forget to install patch F also (see post #2 at link above)

Top Bottom