American Civilizations (Native and Modern)

Which of these American civilizations you would like to see included in civilization?

• Total voters

Xandinho

Deity
I voted for a few of them.
...I don't really know what else to add.

My favorites are the native, as the Olmecs, Tupi, Zapotecs and Inuits. I would like to see the Toltecs also, like Tula, the capital of them, as a city-state.

Among the moderns, my favorite are Canada, Mexico, Argentina and Gran Colombia.

I think there needs to be some type of eskimo civilization, whether that be the Inuit or not doesn't matter. I'm not enthralled with arctic culture at all, but from a gaming perspective it just makes sense.

There is a tile called snow, and no one else can use it. It's literally useless land - so...why isn't there an exception? Should have something like the Inuits being able to get food out of snow, either through passive means or UB.

Another thing that would be cool is giving them the ability to walk through ice. Ever since they gave Carthage the ability to walk through mountains, it just seemed like the next logical step.

Gameplay aside, in terms of what Civ I think deserves to be there because of how I feel toward their culture, I would say Mexico is the biggest one missing. Mexico is probably more iconic than all the Civilizations on that list, at least here in the US, I'd imagine people from other countries just confuse Latin American culture with Mexican culture a lot.

Mexico has a neat history, they could peak during the industrial age in terms of military UU. Probably be a culture civilization of some sort.

I don't know if I'd call them "iconic" as much as I'd say they seem a little more foreign than our other immediate neighbor in the other direction. I also want to say that the Aztecs already cover their lands, but we also have at least five civilizations that controlled Anatolia. So, I could see them being in the game.

Anyway, the Apache would be a good addition, even if it was just to have Geronimo in the game.

Top Bottom