An embassy to Apolytonia

Shaitan

der Besucher
I am happy to announce that with disorganizer's urging and chiefpaco's authorization I have oppened an embassy in the far-off land of Apolytonia.

The Apolytonians have greeted me warmly and even given me a gift of bananas (apparently a national symbol as well as a dietary staple there). I have invited them to establish a reciprocal embassy here and they have agreed to do so as soon as an ambassador is selected.

The Apolytonians are an energetic people. Their science and culture are a bit behind our own development (they started later) and their government lacks some of the distinct order that we have (they don't have sub-forums :( ). Other than that, we are very similar. We share much of our development, including codifying our laws and adding judicial members.

Disorganizer has agreed to be the ambasadorial attache and will be the main point of contact with Apolytonia for our citizens. I will keep my toes in the water though and add updates as appropriate.

For some reason the idea of a PTW demo game didn't even occur to me (actually, not that surprising, as lots of ideas don't occur to me). Brilliant.

Nice groundwork work, Shaitin, and much fun to follow your exploits in this strange foreign land.

don't get your hopes up about a PTW demo game, Danke. TF is notoriously opposed to CFC being involved in such things. He already vetoed an inter-site civ2 demogame.

We can always do a PTW demo game outside the forums. It would be difficult in the forums anyway since one country should not know what the other country is up to, right?

(How we would do this is beyond me but I have every confidence that those younger and more web wise than I will easily figure it all out. ;).)

true, true... it'll be interesting to see what the CFCers who want take part in the aforementioned intersite civ2 game come up with as a solution.

I've been playing with the idea of a PTW demogame with our Apolyton friends. And the BIGGEST problem is secracy. I see only a few possible solutions.

A.) Pw protect the forum of each nation... Problem with that is a person could still register with both forums. For example I may remain Falcon02 here, but create a Apolyton alias which wouldn't arouse suspition. And I'd be given the PW to both forums.

B.) An honor system, where there will be "Mod's" devoted to checking both forums and noting any information which seems to be more than just "a good analysis of the situation."

C.) Make an Alliance Manditory. I don't like this option too much cause it restricts us to a mutual reliance, and we can't just have fun doing what ever we want, even planning "friendly assults."

Regardless one rule I feel would have to be manditory, any War we have, we will not be allowed to eliminate the other, or if we do the game is automatically over and we restart. It's no fun for the other side if they're eliminated from play and they have to wait a month or so for the rest of the game to finish playing out before entering back in.

the best solution in many ways would be to conduct the entire thing on a single site using a private forum for each team. But that would rather spoil the feel of it, I guess.

don't think we've got much of a hope with TF. He actually went as far as closing the thread in which the civ2 game was being discussed, I believe.

TF's concern is regarding inter site rivalries. He does have a valid point here. Although demo games tend to attract cooperative people there have been some bad intersite conflicts. I am trying to discuss other options with him now.

All I can say is: Good luck! :)

Top Bottom