California used to be an Island - Tartaria and the Mudfloods

King Phaedron

Warlord
Sorry in advance if anyone feels this is not the right forum (maybe Off Topic is better?) But I thought you guys would find this interesting.

"History is a set of lies agreed upon," -Napoleon Bonaparte

Every now and then we get a glimpse of some element from our true history, which outside of having access to the 57 mile wide Vatican Archives, where our true history is being kept from us, there isn't much we can find. Sometimes major things happen in the world, and for some reason people aren't passing down the stories, and we have all these Orphan Trains.

Perhaps there are Civilizations going around Razing cities to the ground, burning libraries, stealing the books, yes there are hundreds of library burnings, Alexandria was just the tip of the iceberg. A great channel called Observation Deck has an excellent video out about these.

One of such things we've not been told is that California used to be an Island. There are couple other changes out there too, like the dead sea used to be connected by water to the Aegean, which is hard to fathom given where Constantinople is settled. Were people a few hundred years ago just making maps to troll us with lies in the future? I doubt it. We find a lot of odd things looking at old maps.

There are many more:

http://californiaasanisland.org/

18 Maps from when California was an Island.
https://www.wired.com/2014/04/maps-california-island/

Tartaria and the Razing of Cities
https://bennettleeross.com/history/...erately-radiated-and-the-citizens-eradicated/

California As An Island: Map or Myth?

Some time in the past, before the ice age, most of western North America (and probably the whole world) was accurately mapped by a technologically advanced people. Who these people were and what technology they used is lost to us, but their maps remain as evidence that they did indeed accomplish the task. These ancient source maps were used by mapmakers in the 1600 to 1700s to fill in the vast unknown areas on the western side of North America. The recent mapmakers had no idea what was there, nor did anyone else, but they had source maps that showed the area as an island and they used them to fill in the gaps.

When were these source map made? They had to be made before the end of the ice age, because at the end of the ice age, the great ice dam holding back water in a huge lake finally gave way and the Grand Canyon was carved in just a few weeks. The Grand Canyon does not appear on any maps of California as an island that I have found, and is certainly not on the map used for this study, the Vingboons map of 1651. In fact, on the Vingboons map, two rivers cross the location of the Grand Canyon. This creates a problem, because the ice age supposedly reached a maximum 18,000 years ago (see Wikipedia article ), putting the date for modern man well before that. This pushes the date back into the realm of the Neanderthals, or even into the Paleolithic period, when we were supposed to be only capable of using stone tools.

An even greater problem is that the map also had to predate the uplift of the Nevada-Utah-Wyoming area that followed the end of the latest continental drift event in North America. (see Wikipedia, Farallon plate) According to continental drift theory, when the continents spread apart, the North America continental plate was pushed over the Pacific oceanic plate, which was forced down into the mantle of the earth. The lighter minerals floated up against the bottom of North America, under the Nevada-Utah-Wyoming area. This area was lifted up from sea level (at least in Nevada, where the map shows where the sea encroached) to over 7,000 feet elevation in central Nevada, and similarly across all three states. The routes of rivers changed. The Rio Grande, shown on the Vingboons map as the Rio de Norte, which used to flow into the Gulf of California, was forced to flow to the Gulf of Mexico. The map places a geologically recent date on continental uplift, the uplift having happened after the map was made, putting it within the historical presence of humans on earth. Geologists date the North American continental drift event to the Jurassic period, 200,000,000 to 150,000,000 years ago. How will Science deal with the loss of 150,000,000 years? Since it requires abandoning a well entrenched worldview, it is most likely that the vast majority of academia will simply ignore this study and its implications.

In the following series of articles, I analyze the Johannes Vingboons "California as an Island" map area by area. I show that the makers of the original map possessed a detailed knowledge of the geography of western North America. Correlation of features on the map to actual locations demonstrates that the map is very accurate. After the analysis of the map I have included some information on the historical mapmaking and exploration of this area by the Spanish after the arrival of Columbus. The Spanish were extremely slow to explore this area, and the information they had was not allowed to be made public because they needed to protect information on their trade routes from their competitors. Vingboons could not have been using Spanish information to present California as an island.

These articles are my work and the result of my research. I have referenced all the sources I have used. None of these sources presents "California as an Island" as anything more than a myth. I graduated from UCLA in 1976 from the School of Engineering. I followed the course of study in chemical engineering. I was introduced to the whole topic of California as an island in about 2008 by Cliff Paiva, who was also researching the locations of features on the map. We have taken different paths in our efforts to decipher the map, but I much appreciate Cliff's getting me started.

Last edited:
I rate this conspiracy theory 3/10 - lacks sufficient Sumerian god-aliens for a good conspiracy theory.

Maybe they filled in the water with some of the land they dug away when the map makers disconnected Australia from Antarctica.

I think it must have been done by the great admiral Zheng He's fleet, they put up in Baja California and filled it up. To frustrate Trump now with the irreducible opposition of Californians to him. That was just after the chinese invented time machines.

You're really taking Spanish-spread-to-Europe misconceptions at face value?

The Spanish saw the Gulf of Cortes, declared it xboxhuege, saw deserts on both sides, and basically went home. A few Spanish crossed from Mexico to California (but had to cross the Colorado) so the myth still persisted. Other Europeans, who barely ventured into the area, just painted it as an island. Because Baja California, and the Colorado before it was dammed up, basically made it an Island anyway, and everything the Spanish made was basically on the coast. Don't under-estimate human capacity to be both lazy yet wanting a flair of exoticism.

There is no 'source map'. Europeans got info on the new world in chunks, every time an expedition came back and got a mapmaker's collarscruff. (This sort of reminds me of the legendary Q source turned literal). Data got mixed up or outright ignored or added on. The very name of California comes from some legendary Calipha queen of Amazons there, which sprang up and died within two, three centuries of the 1530s+.

The maps were wrong, people barely cared, and then it was corrected when central states moved into the area more and more. QED.

I rate this conspiracy theory 3/10 - lacks sufficient Sumerian god-aliens for a good conspiracy theory.

I predict that they show up in part two, where something will have to account for it not being an island any more. A mighty shove from Sumerian god-aliens seems a plausible answer.

The very name of California comes from some legendary Calipha queen of Amazons there, which sprang up and died within two, three centuries of the 1530s+.
I never knew that, and after looking at Wikipedia, discovered it was very much, for the Conquistadors at least, a sexier version of El Dorado.
Wiki said:
California was the name given to a mythical island populated only by Black Amazon warriors who used gold tools and weapons in the popular early 16th-century romance novel Las Sergas de Esplandián (The Adventures of Esplandián) by Spanish author Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo. This popular Spanish novel was printed in several editions with the earliest surviving edition published about 1510. The novel described the Island of California as being east of the Asian mainland, "very close to the side of the Terrestrial Paradise; and it is peopled by black women, without any man among them, for they live in the manner of Amazons." The Island was ruled by Queen Calafia. When the Spanish started exploring the Pacific coast they applied this name to maps of what is now called the Baja California Peninsula, which they originally thought was an island. As cartographers started using the name, California, to describe the land in their maps, the name eventually became official.

Know that on the right hand from the Indies exists an island called California very close to a side of the Earthly Paradise; and it was populated by black women, without any man existing there, because they lived in the way of the Amazons. They had beautiful and robust bodies, and were brave and very strong. Their island was the strongest of the World, with its steep cliffs and rocky shores. Their weapons were golden and so were the harnesses of the wild beasts that they were accustomed to taming so that they could be ridden, because there was no other metal in the island than gold.

Las Sergas de Esplandián, (novela de caballería)
by García Rodríguez de Montalvo.
Published in Seville in 1510.
For many years, the de Montalvo novel languished in obscurity, with no connection known between it and the name of California. In 1864, a portion of the original was translated by Edward Everett Hale for The Antiquarian Society, and the story was printed in The Atlantic Monthly magazine.[3] Hale supposed that in inventing the names, de Montalvo held in his mind the Spanish word calif, the term for a leader of an Islamic community.[4] Hale's joint derivation of Calafia and California was accepted by many, then questioned by a few scholars who sought further proof, and offered their own interpretations. George Davidson wrote in 1910 that Hale's theory was the best yet presented, but offered his own addition.[5] In 1917, Ruth Putnam printed an exhaustive account of the work performed up to that time. She wrote that both Calafia and California most likely came from the Arabic word khalifa which means steward[6] or leader. The same word in Spanish was califa, easily made into California to stand for "land of the caliph" خلیف, or Calafia to stand for "female caliph" خلیفه .[7] Putnam discussed Davidson's 1910 theory based on the Greek word kalli (meaning beautiful) but discounted it as exceedingly unlikely,[7] a conclusion that Dora Beale Polk agreed with in 1995, calling the theory "far-fetched".[4] Putnam also wrote that The Song of Roland held a passing mention of a place called Califerne, perhaps named thus because it was the caliph's domain, a place of infidel rebellion.[4] Chapman elaborated on this connection in 1921: "There can be no question but that a learned man like Ordóñez de Montalvo was familiar with the Chanson de Roland ...This derivation of the word 'California' can perhaps never be proved, but it is also plausible—and it may be added too interesting—to be overlooked."[8] Polk characterized this theory as "imaginative speculation", adding that another scholar offered the "interestingly plausible" suggestion that Roland's Califerne is a corruption of the Persian Kar-i-farn, a mythological "mountain of Paradise" where griffins lived.[9]
All of which is totally awesome and makes me sad California's flag is a stupid bear instead of black amazons with gold weapons.

I predict that they show up in part two, where something will have to account for it not being an island any more. A mighty shove from Sumerian god-aliens seems a plausible answer.
Nah, that is due to Nazca Lines Aliens who defeated the Sumerian God-Aliens in the Battle of Alpha Centauri.

This said overall I do use the concept of a California Island for my own alternate world. I also use Taprobane, a big Britannia, a not!Madagascar, Baffin Island, and a huge Tierra del Fuego. I also turn the New World around and make it Antipode to the old world...it's a good concept for harmless fun. I make the continents round, and it's almost like they're impact'd craters; I grew this out of the old Greek View of the world.

All of which is totally awesome and makes me sad California's flag is a stupid bear
:mad: Clicked like on your post until I read this bit. Who said the Black Amazons didn't choose the bear themselves?

I opened this thread thinking that there had been some new geological discovery and honestly I'm not even mad at what it actually is.

Top Bottom