1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Analog Role-Playing Games

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by MattiK, Feb 25, 2017.

1. MattiK

MattiK Warlord

Thanks for heads up. I just bought PDF version of Maid: The Role-Playing Game for $6. Downloading now.

Is Planescape related to CRPG Planescape Torment?

CivCube likes this.
  2. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

It is indeed the same setting. Also my top campaign to run if I ever DM in the future (sigh).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  3. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

The CRPG is my favourite games of all time (though Morrowind comes super close) and the AD&D campaign is my favourite too, even though I have spent far more time playing Birthright games.

4. MattiK

MattiK Warlord

Which of us are of opinion: familiar RPG edition > new edition

In Finland AD&D Second Edition was still going strong lately, but 5th Edition and Pathfinder have surpassed it where I play. I don't own any old edition RPG books (all 3 systems I have in print are newest editions), so I have hard time to relate. What about you & gamers nearby? Do you (or them) want to stick with D&D3 or other old game edition because it works for them and/or they don't want to invest effort and resources (money) for the 5th edition?

So I said, but then I had long days at work and now I've got flu :(

5. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

Around here, it seems like a pretty healthy mix of new players and old going for 5e. Some Palladium players are in the woodwork, at least the last time I found one about ten years ago.

I kinda jumped onto 5e once my DM's new group got moving and we all bought Player's Handbooks. 3e was...okay. I definitely think 5e is a better introduction to the hobby; 3e was written mainly for people who had already been playing for thirty years. I remember reading through 3e's overwritten academic style ("when you think about it, dungeons are actually flowcharts") and thinking, "okay, but how do you play". If people stick with 3e, I imagine they go for Paizo's Pathfinder version instead.

6. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

The McElroys' "The Adventure Zone" is fun. Usual D&D jokey podcast that takes a surprising turn toward depth and thoughtfulness.