To The Great Beyond - Space Empires!

To: Sehoum Censorate

Friends? Trade?

Thanks again guys. I hope you can forgive me, I've been really busy this week, I'm going for drinks tonight then straight into traveling up to Lancashire for the easter weekend (and at work right now ^^). I'll get around to PM's, diplo and questions as soon as I can.

Next deadline is scheduled for midnight GMT on Thursday the 27th of April (just over two weeks from now), with next update scheduled (lol) for Sunday 7th May (IE 2 weekends 'off' and 2 weekends 'on').

To SCEDA
From the Sehoum Censorate

Hello.

We've received reports of fighting around your homeworlds. Is everything alright?

EDIT:
Spoiler :

Negative,

Everything is fine here,

Thank you...

How are you?

From The Psilocybe Admiralty Composite

The Skitarii Mercantile Conglomerate (@ Terrance888)

<incomprehensible><expressions of territoriality>Leave.

<question>New start. New star. <incomprehensible> Communicate new place(Star? Planet?)<coordinates to Sax-2><question>(friendly?not-prey?)

<incomprehensible> Leave old(?- past or present tense) star/planet(?)

*translation efforts intensify*

The explorer ship, intensely aware of it's surveillance several AU away from the center of the system, remains quiet for some time as the organic messanger emphatically flashes its message. A while later, a panel lifts with a hiss if escaping steam and a hydraulic purr. An extendable manipulator arm, with two jury rigged screens emerge from within the science bay and maneuvers itself infront of the flashing and glowing creature attempting communication. One screen starts reciprocating the patterns displayed by the creature, while the second screen begins flashing a series of oversized pixels... evidently their language, or attempts at translation. Several times, the Skitarii script's screen is blank, unable to translate the intent or meaning beyond vague contextual guesses.

Then, the pattern shifts. The flashing screen begins displaying a reply, using several cuts and pastes, but also some attempts at implied aspects of unique expression. The Skitarii script's screen shifts as well, this time consistently displaying the symbols with the corresponding images.

<expression of community> "New" Leave. <weird dialect> Start new.

<incomprehensible> of/with <logo> SKITARII TRADER'S UNION <overly patriotic expression> <friendly greetings/hope for good business>

<agreement, copy pasted> new communicate <bad copy paste> new start new star <repetition, etc., several combinations>

<bad copypaste job> "unleave" <coordinates> Sax-2 <untranslatable expression of time>

<question><request for signature, intials, or identification?>

<question><incomprehensible> "unleave" <damages?>

OOC: Was going to write a story but maybe later.

To Tac Diplomatic Ship above Typhomorphin

Attention ~ We are pleased to announce discovery of new communicating species. Care to join our gathering in Sax-2?

To Tac in General

We once again express interest in accepting volunteers to travel in our vessels to explore new lands and discover new peoples. It's but a small gift for the friendship you all have provided us.

OOC: ;)

EDIT From chat.

*two Skitarii observing several Tac "communicating" and trying to following along

"Is this gibberish?"

"No no "gibberish" is how Teapffulm communicated with those fur wavy patterns with Sass-torfa. This is "gabbering", where he extends the tendrils at various intervals."

Last edited:
Dammit Daft, you stole my reply!

TO: Whom It May Concern, Sehoum Censorate
FROM: Noore Iraizh, Director, Sureya Cosmic Exploration and Defence Administration

The native population of Preosa d, common name Antalya, has recently erupted into a planetwide civil war. SCEDA is currently assessing means by which this conflict can be brought to a safe and expedient resolution. Antalya natives do not currently possess space-based weapons platforms, and as such, should not jeopardize Censorate interests within the system; however we advise ambassadorial vessels to avoid navigating near the planet until this situation is resolved.

If the Censorate determines this conflict endangers Sehoum–Rozu prosperity, we shall happily arrange for a direct summit between our respective national leaders to develop a common policy in regard to this issue.

Respectfully yours,

Noore Iraizh
Director

Daft, petition to swap out one of my traits? Organizers and Eccentrics seem like they are the opposites of each other.

Dammit Daft, you stole my reply!

TO: Whom It May Concern, Sehoum Censorate
FROM: Noore Iraizh, Director, Sureya Cosmic Exploration and Defence Administration

The native population of Preosa d, common name Antalya, has recently erupted into a planetwide civil war. SCEDA is currently assessing means by which this conflict can be brought to a safe and expedient resolution. Antalya natives do not currently possess space-based weapons platforms, and as such, should not jeopardize Censorate interests within the system; however we advise ambassadorial vessels to avoid navigating near the planet until this situation is resolved.

If the Censorate determines this conflict endangers Sehoum–Rozu prosperity, we shall happily arrange for a direct summit between our respective national leaders to develop a common policy in regard to this issue.

Respectfully yours,

Noore Iraizh
Director

Well that is exciting.

We are prepared to offer any assistance possible, on request. Once the issue is resolved we would like to establish a joint protocol for dealing with other less advanced civilizations, as we've both encountered others on NRA-44b and GEX-52a.

To Carvania

Your colony is a little too close to us.

Last edited:
Thanks again guys. I hope you can forgive me, I've been really busy this week, I'm going for drinks tonight then straight into traveling up to Lancashire for the easter weekend (and at work right now ^^). I'll get around to PM's, diplo and questions as soon as I can.

@Terrance888
I'll get back to you once I hear back from Daft regarding diplo and private projects.

“Good evening this is the Confederal Tri-D Service Evening News with me, Keferet Jithlin Grelayat.

Tonight's top items:

Pressure increases on Chairman Optarat as polls show a dip in confidence.

Diplomatic contact is made with the Jaar'ar federation following the end of Jaar'ar – Qui conflict.

Colonies present petition for full presidential representation.

We lead tonight with confidence in Chairman Optarat showing it's first significant dip since contact with the Kul'hari. A recent poll commissioned by Haljut Prime shows confidence levels at 44%, a drop of 8% in three months. Analysts have attributed this drop to the Perrel incident and the Kul'verdia Crisis in combination with a rising dissatisfaction at the rate of Torrhennian expansion when compared to the growth of the Kul'hari Collection.

Although the Presidential Council publicly maintains that Chairman Optarat has their full support sources indicate that other presidents are starting to build support bases to supplant the Chairman. C3S understands that President Jetrex of Denret is currently the strongest contender as her views on exploration and colonisation are in tune with popular sentiment.

The Presidential Council have confirmed that a diplomatic missive has been received from the Jaar'ar Federation. Despite some misgivings due to the lack of intelligence regarding the root of their conflict with the Qui and the Perrel incident being due to that conflict a response has been sent with the intention of opening diplomatic and trade relations with the Federation.

The colonies of Arru and Teqel have presented a petition to the Council requesting full representation via the right to elect their own Presidents to the Council. It is expected that such representation will be granted but conservative elements on the council have privately expressed concerns that such a move will cause Mannon and the Halo to request similar representation, potentially leading to the inflation of the Council beyond it's ability to function effectively as a guiding hand for the Confederacy.

And finally bemusement on the Halo as the Tac visitors discovered the pneumatic delivery system. For those who haven't visited the Halo the system is used to transport small to medium sized items rapidly throughout the Halo. A curious Tac investigating an elevator top was inadvertently sucked into a tube which had not been designed with the existence of sentient beings much smaller and less dense that a Kowlint as a consideration. Fortunately the Tac was not harmed by its experience, in fact it enjoyed the ride it did let others of its species know and soon they all wanted a turn. Dozens of inhabitants of the Halo have been having unexpected meetings with Tac coming out of their pneumatic receptors and the Halo maintenance department has been forced to shut down the system until it can be Tac proofed for the safety of our guests and the correct delivery of the inhabitants parcels.

This was Confederal Tri-D Service Evening News, goodnight.

You people make me feel so inadequate sometimes. :p

To Carvania

Your colony is a little too close to us.

Apologies. If you will allow our current science facilities to remain, we will not continue any further colonisation, and leave the rest of the planet's surface to your own colonisers.

We would welcome the chance to live and trade among your peoples.

Once again an exciting update, and once again I was not notified of any activity in this thread, even after unwatching it and watching it again.

I'll contact a mod.

@Lord_Iggy I assume the Syru are the Varyn?

The great NPC Diplo post of April 2017

To: Torrhennian Confederacy, Kul'hari Collection, United Tac, Skitarii Mercantile Conglomerate

[? uncertain translations highlighted ?]

In the spirit of openness and trust, the Hurrunn Agreement offers free passage for all ships of non-weaponised configuration from your civilizations. All traders and explorers are welcome to visit our settlements, travel in the vicinity of our settlements, and barter for fuel and energy from our settlements (OOC: right of passage, trade).

[?Trust Relationships?] take time to grow. We intend this to be a first step.

Hurrunn [?Scientific Exchange Collectors?] have a special interest in [? Root Vegetables ?], fossils, and geological samples from various planets.

Hurrunn [?Scientific Exchange Collectors?] would be delighted to visit your worlds if you allow it.

Individuals of your population are welcome to travel and observe in our exploration ships, as certain persons of the Tac are currently.

Please note, the Hurrunn Agreement believes in [? Anti-Violation ?] and is preparing local means of [? Anti-Violation ?] until the nature of wider [? Galactic Astro-Politics ?] can be determined. We do not wish this to detract from [? Trust Relationships ?] and we respect the right of other civilizations to prepare [? Anti-Violation ?].

With respect,

Unanimously approved transmission from the Agreement Council.

Tarnakki Empire (@ Daftpanzer)

(I’m guessing by now we can ‘speak’ with a high degree of confidence in mutual understanding of our languages).

Explain your ships’ attack upon ours in Mer-3b!

To: Psilocybe Admiralty Composite
From: Ambassador Faeng on behalf of Majestic Emperor Varik, He Sired by Honan, Keeper of Peace Throughout Concurrent Tarnakki Existence

It appears our ships feared for their safety. Your civilization has done little to assure us of your peaceful and respectful intentions. Rather, it creates shadow and impasse. Our captains shall not be reprimanded for their diligence.

Our Majestic Imperitor lays this challenge before you: send a star vessel to our home planet, and allow us to a send a vessel to your home planet. Let there be an exchange of formal greetings and an opening of eyes. If you agree, we are willing to be the first to send accurate coordinates.

We await your response.

Last edited:
Daft, petition to swap out one of my traits? Organizers and Eccentrics seem like they are the opposites of each other.

@Shadowbound it's the contradictory dynamic at the heart of Sehoum civilization :) I saw it as different modes that their psyche can flit between. But yes, you can switch one of the traits if you want to - their may be a cost in EP or instability. Feel free to PM me about it.

Hi, I wanted ask if it is possible for me to take over the Peaceful Union of Democratic Dscheran Isonomic Nations ?

Peace (maybe) and prosperity (for the future army) are always good ^^

Hello @tobiisagoodboy! sorry for the slow response, you are indeed welcome to play as the Dscheri.

I would direct you to the diplo sent from the Psilocybe (@Immaculate). Basically they've asked the Dscheri to clear off from Psilocybe space after they got all excited about meeting their first aliens :) but seem open to trading in neutral space.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to send you a brief game history for the Dscheri up to this point (though its been pretty uneventful really). And I'm open to you taking them in a different direction from being peaceful explorers.

Once again an exciting update, and once again I was not notified of any activity in this thread, even after unwatching it and watching it again.

I'll contact a mod.

@Lord_Iggy I assume the Syru are the Varyn?

@Angst I can send you a message in future if you wish :) Syru is the species behind the Iqathu Andu civilization, they are slug/snail-inspired beings led by our very own J.K. Stockholme. The Varyn have not encountered them yet.

To: Psilocybe Admiralty Composite
From: Ambassador Faeng on behalf of Majestic Emperor Varik, He Sired by Honan, Keeper of Peace Throughout Concurrent Tarnakki Existence

It appears our ships feared for their safety. Your civilization has done little to assure us of your peaceful and respectful intentions. Rather, it creates shadow and impasse. Our captains shall not be reprimanded for their diligence.

Our Majestic Imperitor lays this challenge before you: send a star vessel to our home planet, and allow us to a send a vessel to your home planet. Let there be an exchange of formal greetings and an opening of eyes. If you agree, we are willing to be the first to send accurate coordinates.

We await your response.

To: Ambassador Faeng

Ship records indicate your 'captains' launched an unproved attack upon a Psilocybe scout ship very clearly involved in openly coordinating a colonization effort. There was no threat to your ships and indeed no effort at communication by your captains before you opened fire with overwhelming force. Your captains claims to 'fear for their safety', for a war fleet so obviously highly weaponized- from a lone Psilocybe scoutcraft- is very obviously disingenuous.

You have fired upon an unarmed ship without cause or provocation and in the next breath blame us for your aggression! Your 'challenge', in light of your actions, and disingenuous words, cannot be accepted- we simply cannot trust your words.

And yet... despite your actions and your words, we are inclined to peace and offer you an (untranslatable) if you are inclined to truly defuse this tension. And so, as the aggressor upon unarmed and peaceful Psilocybe, it is only just that you make amends and show your commitment to peace.

Allow us to colonize the planets of Mer3B and Laddar, alongside your own people and allow trade to flow between our people on these planets. From shared markets will come trade. And from trade, a sharing of culture and prosperity. From these perhaps trust will (spores into a breeze?). Show yourselves worthy of our trust with these actions and in the future we will open our planets to your traders and allow your ships passage among our starlanes- as we would expect you would do also...

You attacked unarmed Psilocybe without cause. Lets make it right.

Formal Proposal:
  • One turn 'trust-building' period during which Mer3b and Laddar will be made open to joint development by both the Tarnak and Psilocybe. Neither people would invest more than '3 development' in any single planet within these systems so as to allow the other peoples an equal opportunity at development. Trade would be allowed between the people on these planets
  • If this goes well, the following turn we would open formal trade agreements and allow unarmed freighters access to one anothers systems.
  • If this goes well, the following turn after the trade agreement we would provide mutual docking rights for unarmed and non-military craft traveling through one-another's spacelanes

Last edited:
Hello @tobiisagoodboy! sorry for the slow response, you are indeed welcome to play as the Dscheri.

I would direct you to the diplo sent from the Psilocybe (@Immaculate). Basically they've asked the Dscheri to clear off from Psilocybe space after they got all excited about meeting their first aliens :) but seem open to trading in neutral space.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to send you a brief game history for the Dscheri up to this point (though its been pretty uneventful really). And I'm open to you taking them in a different direction from being peaceful explorers.

@tobiisagoodboy
The Psilocybe are wary of outsiders. despite this we welcome contact and trade with the Dscheri but would like to initially limit their access to our interior. We've proposed Kx-2 as a site to set up an initial diplomatic and trade exchange.

@Angst I can send you a message in future if you wish :) Syru is the species behind the Iqathu Andu civilization, they are slug/snail-inspired beings led by our very own J.K. Stockholme. The Varyn have not encountered them yet.

Ah I read the update wrong. But I'd love to have you notify me of stuff!

@Immaculate

The Dscheri understand the Psilocybes concerns and of course none of our ships will enter Psylocybe space without permission. And we agree that Kx-2 is a good place for exchange and we offer to leave it as a neutral meeting place and buffer between our two people. We will send an explorer fleet with gifts, but for the moment our recourses are mostly bound by a new project. We still hope for future friendship and cooperation.

Apologies. If you will allow our current science facilities to remain, we will not continue any further colonisation, and leave the rest of the planet's surface to your own colonisers.

We would welcome the chance to live and trade among your peoples.

If this is true, and no military forces are stationed on the colony, then we will permit continued habitation.

Trade will be allowed provided that Flavians seek appropriate licenses from Censorate consulates. All interaction with Sehoum is subject to review and intervention at our discretion in order to provide optimal interspecies contact.

President Yefsal Jirren Caran of Holovy pored over the reports spread over her desk. Decontamination progress reports, Halo construction reports, food production, alien visitor numbers... she longed for a simpler time.

At one hundred and twenty seven cycles of age she was the oldest of the Torrhennian presidents and with seventy three cycles of continuous service she was by far the most senior. She had served two terms as Chairman before deciding she wasn't suited to the role. Now she was the most important supporter of young Optarat's program of measured expansion into space supported by infrastructure development around Torrhenn.

She took a deep breath as she straightened up, then felt a sharp pain in the centre of her chest. Steadying herself on the desk she pressed a button to summon her medical assistant, at her age she'd had enough pleural arrests to know the symptoms and keep a trained doctor nearby but it shouldn't be too serious – she could already feel her secondary heart beating harder in her abdomen, taking up the slack – but suddenly that ceased too. The pain buckled the knees of her central and hind legs, sending her crashing to the ground. In the top of her chest her primary heart was pumping the hardest it ever had, trying to do the work of three organs to keep the aged Kowlint alive. If it could keep it up for a little longer she'd be fine. Just keep pumping until help arri...

Top Bottom