Ancient/Pre-Steam Unit Graphics

A few mods of Fairlines castles.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Castles.png
    Tanelorn Castles.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 960
I kinda liked BeBro's units better. :mischief:
Used some of his units for quite a while before Fairline made better versions....Mainly his naval units.
He still posts on Apolyton BTW. at least i think it's him.

It's very annoying posting there as the security system is a joke. Basically it constantly flags your posts as spam if you have a few links in them no matter how many years you've been there while at the same time it'll just happy let any spambot sign up and trash the place. I get notifications about comments in my many project threads there (copies of the ones I have here) and it's rarely a legit human account sadly.

Last edited:
Is Poly even still around?

My antivirus says Apolyton is listed as a, "very unsafe site that may contain trojans, worms, and other malicious software and/or launch attacks on my computer."

Poor/ green hoplite levy: each man was expected to equip himself at his own expense, a shield and spear being the minimum to stand in the ranks of the hoplites. Any less and he would have to join the Psiloi.
Seleucid Cardace: The Seleucids continued to employ units of Cardaces from Media Atropatene until the battle of Raphia when five hundred Lydian javelineers and a thousand Cardaces fought under Lysimachus the Gaul. Changed the shield device to a Seleucid one.
Ptolemaic Machimoi were ancient Egyptian low-ranked soldiers during the Ptolemaic dynasty (323–30 BCE). 30,000 picked Egyptian Phalangites, known as the Machimoi Epilektoi - raised to offset the Seleucid advantage in numbers, fought well in the battle of Raphia, but revolted later on.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Levy and Raphia.png
    Tanelorn Levy and Raphia.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:

Greco-Bactrians and Indo-Greeks. Or how you take Afghanistan and keep it for two and a half centuries -the Indo-Greek kingdom lasted for 50 more years in the Punjab. In AD 10, it was the last Hellenistic kingdom to fall.

On this note, infantry from the Punjab (Pentapotamia) in Indo-Greek, Kushan or Indo-Scythian service.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Grecobactrians.png
    Tanelorn Grecobactrians.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 648
  • Tanelorn Grecobactrians.png
    Tanelorn Grecobactrians.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 641
  • Tanelorn Bactrian or Kushan Hindu inf.png
    Tanelorn Bactrian or Kushan Hindu inf.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:

Yonaka Guard: The Indo-Greek king Menander (160–135 BC) had a personal guard of "five hundred Greeks". The Argead star is replaced by the Budhist 8 spoke wheel, also depicted in his coins.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Yonaka Guard.png
    Tanelorn Yonaka Guard.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 619

Spritedump
Sorry asking always more yet,
have you considered proposing a declinaison of some of these units to equip them with a mino (or another local word for strawcoat) we could decline to other similar yet differently colored unit ?

:)
Just spent the morning checking if it was already drawn in vain.

Top Bottom