AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon downloading the custom civilizations, I received even more of those error messages about civics.
Also, it made my game unplayable: all of the terrain in my game turned in to black, but I still could see units, rivers etc. in their normal way.

I got this to work on 1.75 version of AND.

EDIT: Civ pack 2 seems to be the problem for me, causing black terrain. Can anyone investigate?

I think that means that certain leaders favourite civic's are from vanilla BtS and are not in the game. I never tried the lite pack before, but that would be my guess. The only thing that would happen would be that those leaders would not have favourite civics

I believe this is exactly correct. AND ver 1.76 deleted the CIVIC_VASSALAGE and CIVIC_PARLIAMENT civics, so any leaders that have those civics as their "favorite" will generate an error. For me this was the following 7 leaders:

Adenauer, Cartimandua, FrancisII, IndiraGandhi, Pachacuti, Richard, and Xerxes.

I am going to manually change their favorite civics in the XML files to avoid this error, but wasn't sure yet what I was going to change them to. Anybody have any ideas what the closest civics to CIVIC_VASSALAGE and CIVIC_PARLIAMENT would be?

I was thinking CIVIC_VASSALAGE -> CIVIC_MONARCHY
and CIVIC_PARLIAMENT -> CIVIC_SENATE

but that is just a quick guess...

Hmm...well since I don't really care much about being correct, I just normally change the civic's to whatever civic first comes into my mind :D

And the error came from downloading 1.76? I haven't actually downloaded it yet, but I really should get to it.

Sooo this doesnt work with the latest beta?

It works, it's just that some civilizations won't have favourite civic's

Will that cause any un-negligible errors, or may I just follow the instructions, throw this in and enjoy?

Hi there, first I just want to say thanks, I am really enjoying this pack of civs!

However I am having a problem with frequent crashes (playing hotseat MP with my husband), which we never had a problem with playing RoM/AND before loading this civ pack. I assume it's because I could do with more RAM? If anyone could confirm that this is likely the problem I would be very grateful - I can easily double my RAM to 8Gb if need be :D

My basic spec (let me know if you need more detail):

AMD Phenom II quad core 3.40GHz
HD 5850 1Gb GPU
4Gb DDR3 dual channel RAM
Win 7 Home edition (64 bit)

I believe this is exactly correct. AND ver 1.76 deleted the CIVIC_VASSALAGE and CIVIC_PARLIAMENT civics, so any leaders that have those civics as their "favorite" will generate an error. For me this was the following 7 leaders:

Adenauer, Cartimandua, FrancisII, IndiraGandhi, Pachacuti, Richard, and Xerxes.

I am going to manually change their favorite civics in the XML files to avoid this error, but wasn't sure yet what I was going to change them to. Anybody have any ideas what the closest civics to CIVIC_VASSALAGE and CIVIC_PARLIAMENT would be?

I was thinking CIVIC_VASSALAGE -> CIVIC_MONARCHY
and CIVIC_PARLIAMENT -> CIVIC_SENATE

but that is just a quick guess...

Some others that have the problem are:

Denmark : Canute
Denmark : Margrete
Scythia : Atheas
Timurid : Tamerlane

I used Feudal & Democracy as a temp fix until I can figure out how the new civics work. Monarchy might work for some of the Vassalage guys, I just wasn't sure if I was going to hamstring them until I see how Monarchy plays now.

Please, make the fullpack - AND 1.75 + megacivpack, as how it was in the early versions of ROM. I am not a programmer. Problem with the black screen...!!!

I had the black terrain issue, but I deleted civs and civilizations I didn't care much about (mostly modern civs and civilizations)

Anyways, I have a suggestion about Maria Theresa (Austria's music). I really think you should change it. It's kind of all over the place. This is just my opinion, but maybe you should change it to Handels Messiah Songs.

Early theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj65u_VY0uM&feature=related

Could go to 1:22.

Middle theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG6qx-CAIzA&feature=related

Song could end at around 1:35

Late theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlfxe8ujn7M

Could go all the way to the end :p

I chose Handel, because he was from the area, and all the best composers came from the Holy Roman Empire at the time :p

Just a lil suggestion. Doesn't mean much.

ERROR: Merge failed C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml
ERROR: Merge failed C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml
I have this error when i run the woc installer. any help on this?

where do i put the audio?
which audio? the audioscripts.xml? or the mp3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom