AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mega Civ Pack actually seems to work with the AND 1.76 beta 5 build also...

Provided you don't try to enter Civilopaedia from the main menu (when launched/loaded a game, it works fine).

Also, it presents load of XML errors on startup, these can be avoided by replacing non-existent favourite civics in xml. Otherwise, these errors play no role in gameplay.

Great mod, I've been playing for awhile on and off. However, after installing the extra civ pack, all my terrain is black, but i can still see units, improvements and terrain features.

can someone please help with me with my audio problem?
i get errors:
ERROR: Merge failed C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\Audi o2DScripts.xml
ERROR: Merge failed C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\Audi oDefines.xml
when i run the woc_installer

The Mega Civ Pack actually seems to work with the AND 1.76 beta 5 build also...

Provided you don't try to enter Civilopaedia from the main menu (when launched/loaded a game, it works fine).

Also, it presents load of XML errors on startup, these can be avoided by replacing non-existent favourite civics in xml. Otherwise, these errors play no role in gameplay.

It may technically work, but I think the main issue is balance since last time I checked the changelog, there were changes to the Castle, which is used as a UB for several civs. Also, I know I will have to change favored civics.

can someone please help with me with my audio problem?
i get errors:
ERROR: Merge failed C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\Audi o2DScripts.xml
ERROR: Merge failed C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\Audi oDefines.xml
when i run the woc_installer

It may be a problem with the woc_installer, which I am not affiliated with. I assume that all the graphics are showing up fine in the Civopedia, which means it is not a file path issue. Also assume that you have the you have not modified the names of the Audio XML files or any of the file names of the audio files included with the mod (I only say that since AudioDefines and Audio2DScripts should not have spaces in their file names).

EDIT:
I am aware of the new artwork for both Nicholas II and Catherine; they will be included in the eventual update.

Yeah I DL the AND megaciv pack part 3 unzipped it and put it in the Mods subfolder of BtS which is inside the main BtS folder but when I started up AND, I get xml load errors on all of the custom civs? How come?

Great mod, I've been playing for awhile on and off. However, after installing the extra civ pack, all my terrain is black, but i can still see units, improvements and terrain features.

yeah uhhhmmm I have a similar issue but the screen is fine when I played my first AND game a while ago, everything was great until when I used my galley to explore the surrounding area when the screen scrolled the terrain couldn't be seen including the water tiles but when I scroll back to my city it's fine. Also there were only two civs on the leaderboard(I was in semi-iso with Rameses II on an island continent). What was even weirder, the land which I explored to the south was Ice and tundra tiles and they showed up. I know my desktop only has 503 MB of RAM which is about 9 MB short of fulfilling the min. requirements to play Civ IV....is this just a RAM issue? I have 1.7 GB free on my comp(It's an outdated comp like years, its a refurbished comp I got from my college via scholarship) as of right now btw

I installed the Civ packs and also the leaderheads and get some xml errors on startup, it looks to be something about a favorite civic for a few of the civ leaders. I'll check.

*EDIT*
Here is one of the errors, the rest are similar, just the civic name and civ leader name change, there are about 6 or 7 errors:
"Tag: CIVIC_VASSALAGE in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: modules\Custom Leaderheads\Franz Joseph\Franz_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml"

yeah uhhhmmm I have a similar issue but the screen is fine when I played my first AND game a while ago, everything was great until when I used my galley to explore the surrounding area when the screen scrolled the terrain couldn't be seen including the water tiles but when I scroll back to my city it's fine. Also there were only two civs on the leaderboard(I was in semi-iso with Rameses II on an island continent). What was even weirder, the land which I explored to the south was Ice and tundra tiles and they showed up. I know my desktop only has 503 MB of RAM which is about 9 MB short of fulfilling the min. requirements to play Civ IV....is this just a RAM issue? I have 1.7 GB free on my comp(It's an outdated comp like years, its a refurbished comp I got from my college via scholarship) as of right now btw

:eek: Yes, I would say it's a RAM issue.

I installed the Civ packs and also the leaderheads and get some xml errors on startup, it looks to be something about a favorite civic for a few of the civ leaders. I'll check.

*EDIT*
Here is one of the errors, the rest are similar, just the civic name and civ leader name change, there are about 6 or 7 errors:
"Tag: CIVIC_VASSALAGE in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: modules\Custom Leaderheads\Franz Joseph\Franz_CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml"
AND Beta removes 2 civic's, causing this error. Read a few posts earlier and it will tell you what to do. I believe it was solved earlier.

Yeah I DL the AND megaciv pack part 3 unzipped it and put it in the Mods subfolder of BtS which is inside the main BtS folder but when I started up AND, I get xml load errors on all of the custom civs? How come?

OK, the first you have to get to where you have the "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" folder. Then you go "Assets," and then "Modules." Inside of the Modules folder, you should place "Custom_Civilizations" and "Custom Leaderheads."

The file paths should look like:
Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets/Modules/Custom_Civilizations/[Civilization]
Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets/Modules/Custom Leaderheads/[Leaderhead]

Also make sure that the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.XML file located in the Modules folder has entries for Custom_Civilizations and Custom Leaderheads.

I have to agree with the previous comment/reaction about it being a RAM issue. By the sound of the specs, it seems like you must be running RAND with minimum features. My suggestion would be to not running any new civs or LH art upgrades until you are able to upgrade.

i haven't changed the names. firefox added the space for some reason. all the graphics are fine.

i haven't changed the names. firefox added the space for some reason. all the graphics are fine.

That confirms it is not a filepath issue. I know from personal experience that being impatient with the woc_installer can cause audio issues (When running the woc_installer, it appears that nothing is happening, but it is in fact running). Try reinstalling A New Dawn for the fresh Audio XML files, and try running the woc_installer again. Also, make sure you have the latest version of Java, since the woc_installer requires a Java Runtime Environment.

When it becomes a final version ;). Patience is a virtue, don't you know that?

That is exactly right. Releasing anything now is trying to hit a moving target. The files I have to upload are large after all (the update is more than a "patch" since I am updating the graphics for a few LHs). Also, the graphics forum released a good LH that serves as a good replacement for the female Mayan LH.

Umm, so can you tell me what's up with Austria's...weird...unit sounds? They sound really strange, and seem to be clips from different media? It's all rather odd xD.

Umm, so can you tell me what's up with Austria's...weird...unit sounds? They sound really strange, and seem to be clips from different media? It's all rather odd xD.

I just used the selectorders from the Austria Civ I converted (I think it was from Zap's Mega Civ pack). After hearing them, I agree that they sound weird, but that is likely the result of the actual recording and/or voice acting (I do not know the origins of the sound clips, I am simply assuming that they were done by an amateur voice actor with their computer microphone). All things considered, I do not know why separate selectorder sounds were used since I figure the selectorder for the German Civ would suffice (I am not an expert on linguistics or German dialects, so forgive any ignorance on this issue).

There seems to be some xml-tags that are not functioning properly, at least the Iranian city name Qom in the Civilizationinfos file, and the Ashanti civilization name in it's Civilizationinfos respectively...

Have there been btw any reports about crashes when a revolution is taking place? Does it have something to do with the mega civ pack or are there still bugs in the Revolution modpack that may cause a crash (returns to operating system)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom