1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND Mega Civ Pack

Discussion in 'Modmods, add-ons and scenarios' started by generalstaff, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

You're probably right but I don't want this thread to get lost somewhere. Besides, there are still people playing with old AND versions (ie before AND2).

2. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak Chieftain

So just to be clear, this doesn't work for AND 1.75C?

Can someone tell/link me to the latest version that this modmodmod is compatible with? I want to play as Canada, and coming from CIV GOLD, the choices for civs are pretty sparse.

And is this pack hosted on any server that doesn't suck? AtomicGamer's a pain to use.

EDIT: Torrent maybe?

3. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

To tell the truth, I don't remember exactly but I thought it works with 1.75C but now with following versions. It certainly doesn't work with AND2, but sooner or later we'll update MegaCivPack for AND2 (although it's not on the top priority list).

4. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak Chieftain

I think there's a guy on the previous page claiming to have problems with the mod on 1.75C, but I'll give it a try once I wait the sixteen days needed to download all parts.

Is there a guide on how to use only the Canada civ or whatnot?

5. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

IIRC there's a readme that explains how to installa single civ; I strongly suggest you do so (that is, if you're able to use MCP), because if you install MCP it will greatly extend your loading time at the start of the game. So my advice is to install only needed civs.

6. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak Chieftain

Alright, thanks for the help. So I assume the files aren't hosted anywhere else? If not, I'm gonna have to wait until I get back to Hong Kong where the internet download speed is tolerable.

7. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

AFAIK no, they're not hosted anywhere else. :(

8. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak Chieftain

Alright, thanks again. Keep up the good work regarding the Resurrection, it looks great! If you need someone who can do graphics work, let me know, I may be able to help. :)

9. WakeUpn777

WakeUpn777 Chieftain

Hello everybody! I was wondering something. I got the ROM AND 1.75 from "Desura", and I as I was trying to add the Mega Civ pack, I got an error.

As I was adding the first pack, it said the "Jose_SanMartin" folder had some files whose names were too long. I think I can still play, but I'm wondering if this can be fixed. Thank you all!

10. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

AND 1.75 isn't supported anymore because we moved to AND2. And I believe MegaCivPack isn't yet fully compatible with AND2. It's on the to-do list but it will take time.

11. WakeUpn777

WakeUpn777 Chieftain

Ok, thank you!

12. hobbesdj

hobbesdj Chieftain

Hello, I downloaded the Mega Civ pack and it worked with AND2. the only problem I had is that when loading AND2 there were a million pop up windows of all types. The first one said something about Simon Bolivar, it looked like a biography of him. Anyways, just a heads up that the civ pack seemed to work for me with AND2, although it could've been smoother.

13. AndarielHalo

AndarielHalo Prince

Many of the new leaderheads are missing certain files and lines in pre-existing files. I don't remember how to go about with the mess, but it's not anything wrong on your end.

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

The Mega pack has not been updated for the current AND2.1 build. It probably won't be for sometime as it's far down the list of "possible" To Dos.

If you want you can update the Mega Pack and we would be glad to have it as a Modmod for AND2.1 and/or future versions.

JosEPh

15. Grassland Farm

Grassland Farm Warlord

Hm, hello there.

... I'm not sure AT ALL that anybody is checking here anymore, buuuut...
    Here's the story: Around one month ago, I reinstalled AND, and while reinstalling, I was like "Oh well, worth giving a try to see if the civ pack works, more or less".

It didn't work indeed, as pointed out by many people around: On launch, tons of error messages that do not always specify what the problem is.

I worked on it and ultimately made it fully functional.

Saaaaadly, I've had my computer robbed and all my work was wasted. However, tonight/tomorrow, I'm re-downloading the pack and I'll fix it once again.

In the end most errors were minor. Mostly:

-Some new unique units has requirements for "Ammo" or "Sulphur" resources, which do not exist in AND 2.x. Simply removing the requirement fixed it.
    -One unit was coded to be upgradeable into an unit that no longer exists in AND 2.0. I made a search to see which unit it should be upgradeable to instead, that fixed it.
    -Many, MANY XML files were encoded in ISO (on the header of the file), which is not working. Replacing the encoding by UTF8 fixed the problem. (Or perhaps it's the other way around, utf not working, don't remember...)

... That's all the bugs I can remember of. Oh, also, not exactly a bug, but with all the folders and subfolders, the pack managed to break the 255 character limit for file paths - which I had to fix by renaming the "Rise of Mankind" folder into "RoM" :p

I'll try to get this done by tomorrow. Once I'm sure the version is fully functional I'll try to upload it somewhere and/or send it to the team.

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Grassland Farm, AND Mega Civ Pack is already currently being updated and these problems have been solved. Current developer is busy with real life commitments, but if you search the forum there's a link with the updated MCP. We should probably update this thread too.

17. Slarki

Slarki Warlord

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521289

18. dbkblk

dbkblk Emperor

19. Maska_zgz

Maska_zgz Warlord

As already mentioned 45 º, all such errors and many others have been repaired. Right now I'm working on version 1.3 of megacivpak, but my time is very limited. But the project is not abandoned, I'll keep updating it whenever necessary, but slowly. As of this week I'll have some more time, so I will try to expedite the process.

As rightly pointed Slarki, this is the link to the correct thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521289

It is normal that you have not seen the thread. Since several days ago that no one writes in the thread, the thread is far down in the forum. Anything you want to comment on the MCP, you can discuss it in this thread.:)

20. Grassland Farm

Grassland Farm Warlord

Ooooh! Well, thanks for pointing it out, everybody.

... On the other hand, the errors were so small, I was susprised nobody did it before... :p

Will save me some work!

Thanks again to you guys for all your hard work - even after all these years it's cool to know there are still players and modders around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.