AND2 + Mega Civ Pack

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Noyyau, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain

I want to play with the extra civs as well!
    So far on loading I get these xml errors:
    Spoiler :

To be more precise, these *types* of errors (two different civics and two resources), but lots of them.
    Still have to try a new game to see if it actually works, I've yet to decide which civs to keep and which not to use (i.e. delete :rolleyes:), there's SO MANY!
    Any ideas on how to correct these xml discrepancies with the SVN versions?
    Or do I have to open up every single civ or leaderhead and edit them to something else? That's be really time-consuming...

2. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Warlord

I suspect those leaders have civics as their favorites that aren't in the code. No idea on the bonus sulfur and ammo other than they don't exist anymore either am not familiar enough with the code.

3. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I suppose you just have to change those faulty xml files indicated in your screenshots to match current xml (mostly in gameinfo, I think); so for example in Indira Gandhi's xml remove Parliament and change it to Senate (which is the current name for Parliament); same for other xml errors. Ammo and Sulphur resources have been removed from AND since a long time now, I think removing those xml lines should be enough.

4. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain

I had a feeling it would be that kind of long, tedious work of editing xml files one by one :cry:
    Thanks anyway

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

That's how you learn to mod, or so I've been told. :mischief: ;)

JosEPh :)

6. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I'm willing to update this pack in the future, but right now I'm working on bug fixing of the game core; once it's ok, we can start adding other things like megacivpack.

7. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain

I got it working for myself, but I only "fixed" those few civs I will be using (less than a quarter of the total, and still the game start time has become... infinite:rolleyes:).

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I know, this is what happens with MegaCivPack and this is why I've never used it after the first time I've tried it.