1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Gathering Storm edition

Discussion in 'Anno Domini' started by Rob (R8XFT), Feb 14, 2019.

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

This week's update:
    • Diplomatic Victory added
    • All Gathering Storm maps available
    • Started to create the four sets of colours per civ (jersey system)
    • Diplomatic Service civic re-added
    • You can now send diplomatic delegations (gifts of 25g)
    • Era graphics now in line with the actual timeframe of the mod

2. GIR

GIR It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced

hi,

are there any scenarios available for this mod? (europe map with prebuild cities and stuff like in civ4?)

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Hi GIR, there are no scenarios available for the mod as yet. The mod is still evolving.

4. Rob (R8XFT)

The mod has just been updated as below:
    • Aksum tweaks (by Sukritact) incorporated into Anno Domini
    • Watchtower improvement mod compatible with Anno Domini
    • Hieroglyphics now boosts Astrology, as it should
    • New tech boosts added; others amended
    • Tweaked units to follow Steam comments

5. Balerune

Balerune Prince

I've gotten a game freeze when a spy is discovered in a city. It happened with some other mods used; started a game with no other mods and still got a game freeze.

Attached Files:

6. The_Gimp

The_Gimp Chieftain

Hi Rob, thanks for all your work on this great mod.
    I've been getting the crash at turn 276 playing as China; no other mods.

I'd love to get this working again since I've found that your mod is the only way I want to play Civ anymore.

Here's my Log folder.

Attached Files:

7. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks guys, I will look at these and see what I can do.

8. bleuy007

bleuy007 Chieftain

Hi, is there a link to download this mod outside of Steam?

9. Rob (R8XFT)

10. silverberry13

silverberry13 Chieftain

Great mod. I have nearly completed a game at Marathon speed. But I have discovered a few problems:
    1. Akkad’s Sapitu district (a replacement for Encampment) doesn’t get a shot when an enemy is near, like all fortified cities and districts do. It also isn’t recognized as a valid target for a Catapult.
    2. Babylon’s suzerainty bonus includes granting a free Galley whenever a Harbor is built. This doesn’t happen for an Ithacan Dockyard, which is a replacement for Harbor.
    3. No graphics for many new districts and terrain improvements. At least using the same ones as they replace could be the first step.
    By the way, how does one contribute to the mod’s development? Is it open source?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  11. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks silverberry13 for your observations. The mod is NOT open source. If you have a mod that is compatible with Anno Domini, then please make me aware and I can add it to the list of compatible mods :) .

12. Rob (R8XFT)

A new update!

Telesilla is added as a new alternative leader for Argos
    The Punt tribal hut is now in-game (no longer a red exclamation mark)
    Argos no longer have the Agora district, but instead have the Pyramid of Argolis unique building (due to graphics issues, the shrine model is currently being used)

Districts that were red exclamation marks have had standard artwork assigned to them as follows:
    Akkad's Sapitu district uses the standard Encampment graphics
    Assyria's E'mar Ta district uses the standard Neighbourhood graphics

Improvements that were red exclamation marks have had standard artwork assigned to them as follows:
    Palmyra's Funery Towers uses the standard Ziggaurat graphics
    Garamantes' Foggera uses the standard Stepwall graphics

Units that were not being displayed correctly have been fixed as follows:
    Punt's unique unit (which has been renamed "Ababhulaya" and is a Heavy Slinger rather than a spear thrower
    Palmyra's Clibinarii
    Argyraspides
    Elephantarchia

Nabataea's Caravanserai is no longer a Unique Improvement, but instead a Unique District (a renamed Suguba to be honest!)

Rainforest removal is now at Logistics (an era earlier than before)
    Forest replanting is now with Sacred Grove (it was previously unassigned)

13. Rob (R8XFT)

Another update!

Iceni's Shrine of Andraste moved to Ritual
    Iceni civilization trait has the "Train builders in half the usual time" trait added to it
    More leaders have been moved to the "four jersey" colour system
    Nineveh was being called "Nimrud" - so Assyria had two cities called "Nimrud" and no Nineveh - this is now fixed
    Corrected the Ithaca trait - previously the entering Ocean tiles at Celestial Navigation wasn't working, but it is now

14. Young Pericles

Young Pericles Chieftain

Bless your heart this mod is awesome. I'm just now discovering it. Y'all rock.

Rob (R8XFT) likes this.
  15. Rob (R8XFT)

Another new update!!

Buildings: Actual (custom-made) buildings are now visible in the districts, and there are new icons to reflect the custom-made buildings.
    Districts: Added the Elder's district, Urban district, Agora district and Patrician's district; updated the Pottery district and the Precinct of Amun-Ra; the Satrap's court has been taken out of the game - for now.
    Units: Resolved unit asset issues; the Eqeta has had a visual makeover; the War Elephant now has a crew; the Onager has been added to the siege unit line; the builder is now available with "Basic Tools"; some units now have a resource cost.
    Leaders: Demosthenes is a new leader for Argos; the original Zenobia has been replaced with Merrick's Zenobia; Apophis' leaderhead graphicss have been updated; more leaders use the four-jersey system.
    General: Punt tribal hut is now represented by the Mekewap graphics (temporarily); Cattle Ranch taken out of the game; added six pantheons from Gedemo; Messages are now visible, not half-visible at the top of the screen; Chief hut now available in all cities, but as the Elder's house in the Elder's district and slightly less effective; Camp Improvement moved to Animal Husbandry.

16. Rob (R8XFT)

Update time!

- Removed congress votes and emergencies that do not fit the Anno Domini World.
    - Changed Tech/Civic tree era backgrounds (three eras use the Nile scenario backgrounds).
    - Added "Anno Domini" gamespeed which keeps the years in the Anno Domini era.
    - Buildings/cities/units retain an ancient look throughout the mod.

17. Rob (R8XFT)

A small update:

Compatibility for three of Gedemo's alternative leaders - Ashoka of India, Ramesses II of Egypt and Julius Caesar of Rome. If you have any of these leaders in your Steam downloads folder, the mod will detect them and add them to the game.
    Doryphorus graphics updated. Also, some shield graphics (for the Greek shields) have been updated and some new designs added.
    The Pyramid of Argolis (Argos) and the Funerary Towers (Palmyra) did not allow players to build missionaries. This has now been corrected.

18. DNSavar

DNSavar Chieftain

Hi Rob,

I really love your mod, it is really cool and the part of the standard Civ I love the most, is before gunpowder so it is perfect ;).

But I tried 7-8 games and it always craches turn 120-130. And when it crashes, I can't reload any of my autosaves. Any ideas? I have added my log to this msg. Please note I deleted the log just before I load my game.
    Thanks, I hope you will find something...

Waiting for your answer, thanks!

Attached Files:

• Logs.zip
      File size:
      78.7 KB
      Views:
  19. Rob (R8XFT)

I'll take a look. Someone else sent me a saved game with a crash at a similar time, but when I played it, it worked! The only difference between their set up and mine was that they only had the Firaxis DLC operational that were in the required DLC list and not the others (e.g. Poland etc). It could be that there's a requirement for another DLC that's crept in without me noticing it. Could you try your game with all the Firaxis DLC enabled (if you haven't done that already) please?

20. Picrasso

Picrasso Chieftain

Hey Rob, I discovered this mod yesterday. Liking it so far! Is it also compatible with the 'Better Colors and Icons' and 'Unique Districts' mods?