Annoucement Contest

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Purpose: To write up an annoucement that we can post in the Civ4 forums to attract new members. :)

Requirements: Interesting, provides a summary about the MTDG as well as draws people in. Make it look attractive, yet fun...you can include things like recent discussions are starting, or signups are now open w/ private forums. Anything, really, as long as it is related to the MTDG and it is enticing.

I would say about 1 medium/long length paragraph, or 2 smaller ones. Maybe 100-200 words would work.

Credit: Credit will be given where credit is due - the real thanks is knowing many sign ups will be because of your writing. Thanks!

Due Date: Doesn't really matter - soon though; probably no later than Friday or something.

Here's my attempt at the SG forum Ginger....

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to play a game against Montezuma but instead of being disagreeable he's your best friend?
How about when Gandhi has been your best friend all game long trading techs, giving health, luxs, peace, religion, long term peace agreement and all the sudden sticks a knife in your back?

Worse what if it was one of the regular players in this forum, like Bede was Gandhi or Greebley was Montezuma?

There's an opportunity to pit the best succession gamers on this board against each other in the Multi-Team demogame PBEM(play by email). This is not your typical demogame because, like a SG(succession game), you're developing a team strategy, goals, diplomacy, religion the same way you would in a SG (succession game) but this time it's against some of the best this game has to offer.

How you develop the internal government can be anarchist style like a SG (succession game) or with formal offices. You make the call. Humans are unpredictable and this would be a great opportunity to see your skills in action against some of the best players around. There will be five teams pitted against each other so the action should be incredible to watch.

How cool would it be to see players like ThERat, T McC or Arizona Steve lead their teams into battle against the likes of Sir Bugsy, LKendter or Arathorn?

Not enough time? It will require less daily time to report in and give your .02 versus a SG (succession game).
Come join the madness here.

Team Sign Up Thread

How would you change this?

One thing to consider: Not everyone who sees the front page will know what the acronyms and abbreviations are for.

Think he's just aiming it at the Succession Game forum tbh, so they'd all probably know what they mean in there.

I adjusted the wording Peter. This one would be specific to the SG forums but could be adjusted for the front page and PBEM forums.

After the first succession games could put (SG) in brackets and then just refer to it as SG from then on, same applies to anything else like that.

Good start Whomp - I am currently swamped with work right now, but later tonight I will see if I can edit it. There are certainly some points worth keeping ... I'll see if I can adapt it for other forums too.

Adapted version for all forums - changes: mostly less poster-specific (I do see where you're getting at, but for all the people who don't play SGs, it'll be a bit weird ;)), more description. It's under 200 words.

Ever wonder what it would be like to play against Montezuma, who instead of being an aggressive neighbor is your long-term ally? What about a Gandhi, who has been your strongest ally for the whole game, only to later backstab you?

There is an opportunity for all this and more to happen in the Civilization 4 Multi-Team Demogame (MTDG). This is a Civ4 Multiplayer game played between 5 teams, each representing one civilization. With this game of Civilization, you are playing against some of the brightest humans out there, providing for a tough, thrilling challenge.

Each team has their own unique style, whether it is the way they setup their team government, their method of expansion, or their strategies and alliances in war. Because humans play this game, it allows for an unpredictable, competitive game with endless possibilities. Even better, the time requirement is your choice: if you choose to do so, you can get deeply involved; if you want to just watch and casually offer suggestions, do just that! Discussion for the start of the game is underway – come voice your opinion now!

>> View the Sign Up Thread
>> Go to the Civ4 MTDG Forum

Let me know if you have any comments/changes. If you don't, I'll probably send this to one of the mods to post as an annoucement in a day or so.

Ever wonder what it would be like to play against Montezuma, who instead of being an aggressive neighbor is your trading partner? What about a Gandhi, who has been your strongest ally for the whole game, only to later backstab you?

that's better, otherwise ally is repetitive and a isnt needed

Good stuff Ginger.

Top Bottom