Announcement: Old World Release!

Hi @Dale

I feel an announcement on other game stores needs to be made sooner rather than later, whilst this game still has momentum. I, and many others, are desperate to try it out but the Epic Store is a big obstacle. A consumer-unfriendly application and previous data breaches make the whole service seem very unpalatable. I would love to try the game out but eagerly await to hear the direction you will be taking.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

I can wait. The longer we wait the better the game will be when we finally get it. Most games aren't worth playing till they've been out for a year.

Hi @Dale

I feel an announcement on other game stores needs to be made sooner rather than later, whilst this game still has momentum. I, and many others, are desperate to try it out but the Epic Store is a big obstacle. A consumer-unfriendly application and previous data breaches make the whole service seem very unpalatable. I would love to try the game out but eagerly await to hear the direction you will be taking.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Unfortunately I have no information I can pass on at this point. I do take all feedback back to our internal discussions, but as yet I've nothing to announce. I will however post in big letters and very loudly (well as loudly as CFC will allow me :p) here when something does come up. :)

I can wait. The longer we wait the better the game will be when we finally get it. Most games aren't worth playing till they've been out for a year.

Well ff course that's only my opinion but OW is one of these games that was worth playing as soon as it got in Early Access. Like Factorio, it was in the "games we'll remember for life" category even before its release.
I felt a bit violated myself installing the Epic Store so I definitely understand where you're coming from. I still did it because I wanted to support the game and its dev team. They deserve it.

I hope the Epic exclusivity can be dealt with and that you guys will get to experience the glory of this game. You deserve it too ;-)

Edit : also, I forgot to mention it but while you can only buy OW from the Epic Store, you don't need to have their launcher running to play the game. It's convenient for updates but even for that you can use alternative launchers I think (didn't try). Launching the game can be done with a standard shortcut.

Hello Sherlock,

I agree; most games require some "polishing" time so to speak and I have no doubt that OW will benefit from some extra tweaks. My main fear is long-term or permanent exclusivity, which would be quite upsetting.

Unfortunately I have no information I can pass on at this point. I do take all feedback back to our internal discussions, but as yet I've nothing to announce. I will however post in big letters and very loudly (well as loudly as CFC will allow me :p) here when something does come up. :)

That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback. I look forward to any announcement. :D

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

One of these days they will switch to a buckyball instead of these endless flat hextiles.
75% of tiles in these games are a waste of rendering resources.less is more and not the other way around.
Bored with it afer 5 minutes.

One of these days they will switch to a buckyball instead of these endless flat hextiles.
75% of tiles in these games are a waste of rendering resources.less is more and not the other way around.
Bored with it afer 5 minutes.

Can you please describe what you found boring in the first 5 minutes? Is there a better way we can onboard new players to the game to stop boredom within the first 5 minutes? And how many turns did you get through in 5 minutes, 3? 4? What could have enticed you to click next turn?

Also, Old World represents an area of the World, not the whole World as your comment implies.

Will this be available from Steam, or purchasable without a "game store" platform? I refuse to sign up for Epic Games just to get this game.

Can you please describe what you found boring in the first 5 minutes? Is there a better way we can onboard new players to the game to stop boredom within the first 5 minutes? And how many turns did you get through in 5 minutes, 3? 4? What could have enticed you to click next turn?

Also, Old World represents an area of the World, not the whole World as your comment implies.

Its a child process of the civilization franchise.all the developer did was turn it upside down.The maps are way to big and the gameplay is boring,they need to create a globe and not an endless zombie game."more of the same"is boring in my book.

Last edited:
Its a child process of the civilization franchise.all the developer did was turn it upside down.The maps are way to big and the gameplay is boring,they need to create a globe and not an endless zombie game."more of the same"is boring in my book.

I am surprised that you find it's the same as civ, in fact many new players seem to struggle at first to unlearn some assumptions coming from civ.

That's okay, Old World is not to everyone's taste. Thank you for taking the time to try out the game. :)

Reactions: PiR
For a second, I was scared that OW had become one of these ingame purchase horrors

upload_2021-8-24_21-13-59.png

:lol:

Top Bottom