1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcing Civilization Network for Facebook!

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Thunderfall, Oct 21, 2009.

1. kazapp

kazapp Emperor

Don't give up hope so easily... :D

2. korossyl

korossyl Vajda

To every single one of you who have been complaining about how somehow, Sid Meier and Firaxis have some "duty" or "responsibility" to you to provide you with Civ 5, who have been outraged that resources are being "wasted" on a side-project, that rate Civ Rev as being somehow "inferior" because it didn't cater adequately to your massively above-average intelligence and was only enjoyable to your inferiors: Civilization 5 has just been announced, and most of your petulant comments have just become obsolete. You'll get your Civ 5, and find all the things wrong with it, and then complain again to no end about how you "deserve" something better, about how if resources wouldn't have been "wasted" on Civ Network you would have received a superior product, and about how any future product that's not Civ 6 is a waste of your time. But that's all to come -- at least, we'll get a reprieve of a few months when you have no reason to whine -- and today, at least, is your day. You have triumphed! You make the rest of us proud to be Civ fans.

3. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Just some advice. When complaining -about- complainers, it's best to at least sound less whiny than they do.
    Reread your first run-on sentence and you'll see what I mean.

Honestly, I'm okay with Firaxis doing more simplified Civ games for average joes, just as long as they leave true Civ alone. Give something to both crowds.
    The Civ community itself (mainly) wants more of the same: Thinking games, strategy. That's what Civ has been known for since the beginning.

Casual gamers, however, want something more easy. Just a fun "I'll do this for an hour, then go do something else" kind of thing. Honestly? That's not a bad thing. Not everyone really wants to put that much thought into a video game. Doesn't make them dumb, just means they'd rather put that effort elsewhere.

4. Darth Fred

Darth Fred Prince

I was excited when I first heard about this. In fact, I was one of the first posters on this thread and posted a link about it on my Facebook page as well.

I've since then grown sceptical. I'll explain.

You see, there's a "funny" thing about Facebook apps. You can play any one of them sure, and there are literally hundreds of them. However, each and every one (That I've seen anyway) are set up so that the player gets stuck at a certain point and has to either wait for several hours, sometimes days, to pass... Oooooooooooooooooooor that player can PAY Facebook to get the "Full experience."

I'm confident, and not in the good way, that this will happen with Facebook CIV as well.
    F