Annoyed they founded a religion so fast

gregorsamsa

Chieftain
Seriously, turn 8, someone founds a religion. I have no religion points, not even close. How is this possible? Is it some civ's UA or what?

The Celts can found a pantheon on turn 8 easily thanks to their unique ability.

But I don't think a civ can found a religion as early, even if they find a faith boost in ancient ruins.

This sounds ridiculous. I don't know, Deity, Celts, few faith ruins and faith city states?

That would be very interesting to see! I'm not really sure how it would work though... Even with Celts getting 2 faith per turn from forests in the capital from turn 0 and 2 faith from their second city starting turn 2, let's say 5 from pantheon starting turn 2, and meeting 3 religious city states first, that's only 84 faith. Unless it's a special thing Deity AI get, Faith ruins don't appear that early. Maybe if they got a couple of culture ruins and built a shrine ASAP in both cities (let's say turn 4 producing 2 Faith from Piety in cap and turn 7 in second city) that still only brings the total to 94. Someone double check my math, but I think it's still under 100 (I'm assuming this is quick speed). I don't know... I mean, I guess if the stars aligned and they had some godly start...

EDIT: I didn't even think about Spain. It would have to be in their secondary city though because capitals don't get placed in range of NW and AI wouldn't more their starting settler. While it would delay the Faith a bit, that might be what happened. It would still require a fair amount of luck though. Do you have any screenshots of who did it? What turn was the Pantheon founded and what was the selected Pantheon?

I think he meant a pantheon. It is impossible to found religion on turn 8...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah, maybe Spain started close to Uluru this one time
got 500 gold and spent it on buying Uluru tile (if in 2 or 3 ring - to be honet I don't even know if starting so close to the natural wonders is even possible...) or settler to create city next to it
12 faith :)crazyeye: )
take pantheon One with Nature
I don't know if they would have 16 or 20 faith afterwards :crazyeye:

if there is no rule "no wonders in x tiles radius from starting location" and AI could do so intelligent strategy :p , all of these is extremely unlikely but statistically probable :p

Max faith yield from a single tile for Spain would be Mt. Sinai (8 faith doubled to 16) and One With Nature (4 faith doubled to 8), for a total of 24 faith from the Sinai tile.

At 24 fpt, it would still take 9 turns to cross the 200-faith threshold for a chance at a Great Prophet, but I've seen Spain found a religion before turn 20.

(Of course, I've also seen a pitifully impoverished Spain that hasn't found a single natural wonder.)

Max faith yield from a single tile for Spain would be Mt. Sinai (8 faith doubled to 16) and One With Nature (4 faith doubled to 8), for a total of 24 faith from the Sinai tile.

At 24 fpt, it would still take 9 turns to cross the 200-faith threshold for a chance at a Great Prophet, but I've seen Spain found a religion before turn 20.

(Of course, I've also seen a pitifully impoverished Spain that hasn't found a single natural wonder.)

They could make a religion sooner if they find Religious CS and/or faith in Ruins.

A pantheon can be founded within the first 4 turns of the game (2 per turn/Religious City State with a 8 min. pantheon... 10 for 4 turns).

Ok, so let's say Spain settles their second city (assuming deity) on Mt Sinai on turn 2. They get a pantheon turn 3 (16 faith), take one with nature. So now Sinai's yield is 24 fpt. That alone is 136 faith on turn 8 (you don't lose faith when you get your pantheon, right ? Otherwise it's 130), not accounting for a potential shrine because I don't know how fast they build it and it doesn't change much anyway. You can't get faith ruins before T20 I believe, so that's not a factor. Not sure how it's possible, unless the AI only needs 100 for a Prophet on deity ?

Edit : Well that makes more sense. Also I didn't account for religious CSes but again, you would need to meet a lot of those for it to work. But in this ideal scenario I guess Spain could found around turn 11, although that would require the AI to do things right (like, not picking the city strengt pantheon), so I doubt it's ever happened.

In theory, it's possible for Spain to get a religion on turn 8. Play on Quick. Find Mt. Sinai on turn 0 within 3 tiles of a possible turn-0 settle location. Use gold from discovery to buy tiles to Mt. Sinai. On turn 1, establish "One With Nature" pantheon. Turn 2 have 24 Faith. Turn 3 have 48 Faith. Turn 4, 72 Faith. Turn 5, 96 Faith. Turn 6, 120 Faith. Turn 7, 144 Faith, hopefully get a Great Prophet, found religion. Take screenshots and save the game to show your friends. Turn 8, laugh about how you didn't even need turn 8 to found a religion.

For bonus points, find two religious city states and found your religion on turn 6.

Pantheon can be found on turn 1 as well I think. Through faith ruins.

I don't know if it's a marathon thing only but I seem to recall that you can get 2 kinds of faith ruins. One with a big bonus, I think it was 180 something, and a smaller bonus 50 something.

I don't know if it's a marathon thing only but I seem to recall that you can get 2 kinds of faith ruins. One with a big bonus, I think it was 180 something, and a smaller bonus 50 something.

Yeah because on standard speed for me, a priestess will give 20 while a elder of secret religion meeting will give like 60.

If you have not yet founded a pantheon, a faith ruin will provide enough faith to allow you to found a pantheon. If you have already founded a pantheon, a faith ruin will provide roughly 1/3 of the faith required to get you to your next Great Prophet (e.g., at Standard, 60 faith for your first (200-faith) Great Prophet).

I don't think capitals can spawn within workable range of natural wonders... I've never seen it happen at least. Religion can't be aquired from goodie huts until turn 20+ standard speed. With that being the case, I think the only way to even compete with the Celts for that first pantheon would be to get extremely lucky finding El-Dorado, then a religious city-state within the first couple turns and spending the money on an alliance with them. But even that might take too long, even given perfect circumstances.

Ethiopia gets +2 :c5faith: for their monument (Stele)

The Celts get +1 :c5faith: with 1 uninproved forest, or +2 :c5faith: with 3 uninproved forests per city.

Ancient ruins can contain :c5faith:.

Religious City States give :c5faith: for discovering them. (i think more for the 1st civ).

Top Bottom