Another Vassal system question

Mantic0re

Prince
On turn 200 Pacal asked to become my vassal. He was at war with Suileman and I was not. Accepting his request put me at war with Suileman. I expected that Suileman would be forced into peace with Pacal but instead, my peace-vassal forced me into war. RELOAD.

On turn 202 Pacal became a vassal of JC. Pacal was still at war with Suileman and JC was not at war with anyone prior to the vassalization. JC was not forced into war with Suileman like I was in the same situation.

The only difference I can see is that JC had Open Border with Suileman and I did not.

I'm hoping someone can explain the differences or show me how I'm wrong in my understanding of the system.

I think the CIV that pulls you into war can decide if it chooses peace with you, or war.

I think you can take influence on something like that, by i. e. begging for Gold from that Civ to not get pulled into the war. This may result in you not being able to get the vassal though.

Generally I usually play without vassals but I'm sure I read about the choice of that Civ, and I'm quite sure about an enforced-peace-treaty having effect.

I'm 100% sure that Open Borders doesn't have to do with it.

There are articles regarding vassal-mechanics in the war academy btw. and you should also take a look in the game-mechanics thread by Tachywaxon and look if he wrote something regarding this, because if he did, you'll gonna get to know everything there is.

S.

Pacal could have sued for peace then vassaled in the same turn

Top Bottom