Any interest in new bts pbem?

sinimusta

el capitano
Hello, as my old games have either ended due to inactivity or are crawling, I was thinking of new pbem without mods. I'd like to have reasonable turn pace, so if someone doesn't play turns for weeks, we would convert them to AI. Settings are up to discussion. I suppose it should be one continent to have more action and so no one would be isolated. I suggest banning nukes and civic switch mission from spies. Tech trading up for discussion, it would increase importance of diplomacy and co-operation, but could be banned also.

Size would depend on amount of interested players.

Are there still active and interested players anymore?

I would like to play, but it would have to start at least two weeks into the future. Also, it would be my first PBEM so there will be a learning curve and it might not work.

But as someone who doesn’t really dabble in civ mods I am interested.

If you are still up for it of course ;)

Last edited:
Hi, yeah we could try. What is your skill level in single player approx? Would you like rather play with AI mixed in for a bigger game or a duel?

I don’t really know my skill level at the moment because I had just joined this website a couple weeks ago and have been improving rapidly. I would say at least prince but more likely monarch.

Maybe we should do a dual game first to keep things simple for my first game then add in AIs for a longer game if we are both still up for it. But I will learn a lot either way so I don’t care much. :p

Ah, I can see that. If it is a dual then any loss for you would be a gain for your opponent.

But again, I don’t care that much. If you would prefer to not do a dual then let us do something else. Honestly, everything sounds like great fun!

Ok, do you want to choose leader or just go random? Maybe we can do standard size Pangaea with AI mixed in, what diff would you be comfortable with?

Yes, still interested. Sorry for late response. Not sure how I didn’t get notified because I have been on the forums all week… :confused:

Random AI is fine. A Pangea would be great. Prince difficulty would work well. The AI won’t be much of a problem, but not a pushover. Monarch would also work if we want the AIs to be stronger opponents. Don’t know if I can handle anything above that.

Still interested, but won’t be able to play for at least a week because of finals.

Last edited:
So, are you already playing it? I'm interested in coming back to Civ4 pbem. I'm on a few hotseat Civ 5 & 6 games and I've been able to keep a good pace of turns, generally. That's why I'm coming back.

My game version is just barely outdated and I have yet to figure out how to update it due to all of the non-Steam providers not having a page for the game anymore (as far as I can tell)
PBM problem.PNG
302 found.PNG

My game version is just barely outdated and I have yet to figure out how to update it due to all of the non-Steam providers not having a page for the game anymore (as far as I can tell)

You do know the game is frequently sold at really cheap prices both at Steam and GOG stores, right? I can't tell for sure, but until last week I believe it must have been at ridiculous low price due to seazonal promotions. Unfortunately I just checked it out and the game is now at it's full price. Just add it to your wishlist and you should receive a notification when it's back on sale.

So if we have 3 player game would settings like this be ok: standard size Pangaea with monarch AI mixed in, random leaders? Do you want to add any rules? Maybe ban spy civic switch mission?

So if we have 3 player game would settings like this be ok: standard size Pangaea with monarch AI mixed in, random leaders? Do you want to add any rules? Maybe ban spy civic switch mission?

I've rather have only human players on map size more fit for 3 players and a shuffle map. I'm ok with random leaders, and also ok with all spy missions on. But the only thing I consider really important is the no tech bokering option.

Top Bottom