1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any interest in posted playthroughs?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Aurelius321, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Aurelius321

Aurelius321 Warlord

Is there any interest in starting up a series of posted playthroughs a-la this, I used to see them all over the place in cIV, but for some reason have seen a lack of them in CiV, possibly due to the frustration people felt in vanilla. Now that G&K is out and the sentiment has changed would this type of playthrough be interesting to anyone? I would be happy to start one and see how it goes. I am, by no means, an expert civ player (even though I've played religiously since Civ II) but I'm not a noob either.

Game would consist of a pre-game post to see what type of leader, map-type, setting, etc people would like. Then post the initial save and a screenshot of starting location. The forum interaction would take place with discussing what I should do and then every day or two I would play through a series of turns and post the results, associated screenshots, and a savegame.

Thoughts? I've been able to comfortably beat King, so I would probably start a level higher due to forum interaction (presumably) helping my gameplay :) Maybe start the first game at King just to get kinks worked out?

2. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

go for it.

The Stories and Let's Plays section (Civ 5) is where that would go.

3. mystiqblackcat

mystiqblackcat Chieftain

I really enjoy checking out other peoples' play throughs. I've watch MadDjinn's and some others. I used to read them when Civ IV was popular, Sistuili(spelling?) was my favorite. He had good pacing and a fun writing style.

I say go for it! I'll check the Stories and Tales forum and have a read while I'm eating lunch at work. (like now)

4. russ555

russ555 Chieftain

I would be interested as well.

5. Barghaest

Barghaest King

Heh, I could probably do that; however, due to my dislike of the default game speeds and some of the unit progressions, I almost always play my own mod which wouldn't be much use of a walkthrough to others...