Any word on new DLC?

JTWuest

Chieftain
I wants more!

Maybe after the XCOM hoohah has died down, we'll be seeing more stuff. Right now it seems to be their biggest egg in the basket

I can only hope the next word on DLC is that all the previous DLC will be included in the next expansion to get everyone on the same page and no more will come. My hopes are probably too high, but one can dream.

I can only hope the next word on DLC is that all the previous DLC will be included in the next expansion to get everyone on the same page and no more will come. My hopes are probably too high, but one can dream.
No, thanks. I want more content.

All I want is a much better warring AI, what they now put up is often ridiculous.

I wonder if the next DLC will be a big expansion or just a new civ. Either way I'm looking forward to the next DLC.

I doubt they would do this. Why? Because if they gave all of the DLC to you for free, when I paid quite a bit for it, I would be :mad: Plus it doesn't make economic sense for them. They don't care if you are caught up, the expansions function fine without the DLC added.

I think that is pure conjecture. There was one German guy though that has supposedly always announced the DLCs before they happen.

I doubt they would do this. Why? Because if they gave all of the DLC to you for free, when I paid quite a bit for it, I would be :mad: Plus it doesn't make economic sense for them. They don't care if you are caught up, the expansions function fine without the DLC added.

I don't think the expansion would be free, just including the DLC would be nice. It's a bit like the free Civ V, which isn't actually free since you have to pay for another game.

Don't get too mad about other eople getting it for "free" after you paid a lot for it (more than all the DLC I imagine).

It would also make economic sense for them in a way. I actually had given up on getting G&K, after Steam wouldn't allow me to buy it based on my location. I saw an actual copy in a book store one day, so I grabbed it.

Had they made G&K just DLC, they never would have gotten at least some money (not sure how many others are in a situation like me or maybe just saw it and made an impulse buy).

What doesn't make economic sense, to someone that doesn't know how exactly all this affects sales, costs, etc., is making very small pieces of content that many people may not see, want for that price (when they would pay for it as part of a bigger package), or be able to buy because it's sold only though one specific company and only online.

I don't think the expansion would be free, just including the DLC would be nice. It's a bit like the free Civ V, which isn't actually free since you have to pay for another game.

Don't get too mad about other eople getting it for "free" after you paid a lot for it (more than all the DLC I imagine).

It would also make economic sense for them in a way. I actually had given up on getting G&K, after Steam wouldn't allow me to buy it based on my location. I saw an actual copy in a book store one day, so I grabbed it.

Had they made G&K just DLC, they never would have gotten at least some money (not sure how many others are in a situation like me or maybe just saw it and made an impulse buy).

What doesn't make economic sense, to someone that doesn't know how exactly all this affects sales, costs, etc., is making very small pieces of content that many people may not see, want for that price (when they would pay for it as part of a bigger package), or be able to buy because it's sold only though one specific company and only online.

DLC is typically sold at a price higher than the total of it would be worth. For example, with the expansion we got 9 new civs and many new features.

The typical DLC for a civ is 4.99 I believe when they come out. 5*9 = $45. So if they were sold individually it would have been 45 they made as opposed to 29.

And you seemed to miss my point about the DLC being included in the expansion. Its not that it would be free, its that while I paid lets say $70 for all of that content, you would get it for $29.99. This may not be terrible if they provide me with at least the expansion's cost worth of new stuff. But if they were going to include all of the DLC, it wouldn't be the same price. So I would be paying twice for the same stuff, which is wrong.

Anyways, they sell a GOTY version with most of the current DLC up to a certain point I believe.

DLC is done because they can do it faster, and charge at more of a premium. From an economic standpoint, its a great idea for them.

but the new expansion would include new content like some units, techs, and one or two features, so if someone wanted the new stuff and owned all the DLC, they'd essentially have to rebuy the whole DLC packs.

My wishlist for some DLC is a Zulu civ and an Israel civ (which might work because right now they're around BTS civ count, and they're adding in new civs they've never tried before)

but the new expansion would include new content like some units, techs, and one or two features, so if someone wanted the new stuff and owned all the DLC, they'd essentially have to rebuy the whole DLC packs.

My wishlist for some DLC is a Zulu civ and an Israel civ (which might work because right now they're around BTS civ count, and they're adding in new civs they've never tried before)

I'd absolutely love an Israel civ. It would have some great possibilities (maybe an espionage-themed UA and a religious UB, or vice versa?), but I have my doubts it'll get released simply due to the political problems it may create.

Zulu, Portugal, Hebrews, Sioux, Hittites, Assyrians, Khazars, Poland, Holy Roman Empire, Majahapit, Gran Colombia...surely there are others they could add too (i.e. Mali, Siam--even if that means overlapping geography with other civs).

If they do Hebrews, I think they will avoid mentioning modern Israel--too much Palestine controversy. But a faith/defense/culture civ would be a good fit for ancient Israel. They will likely have a settler bonus of some kind to represent the Diaspora/Exile.

Top Bottom