Anyone cannot load mods since DDOS on Steam last week?

PFSIKH

Chieftain
I have periodically received a "Cannot connect to Steam" error in the past, but clicking Try Again always worked.

Tried to launch a game last week and received unavailable to connect to Steam. Clicked "Try Again" and this time it failed. I verified my connection was still live. I launched in Offline mode, clicked added mods, and the mods loaded. No errors listed in the list of mods to include the map. The only mod I was using was the communicatas map.

Went to saved games and selected my saved game. The launch button is grayed out and an error message states not all mods loaded.

Rebooted my computer for horsehockys and giggles and still received the same error on connection and later when trying to load saved game. I copied the communicatas map over to the regular folder and it launches fine.

Subsequent connections to Steam and launching work fine, except the game still lists mods unavailable.

I have been having strange problems with my mods. I started the game, and saw that many of my mods had disappeared from my MOD sub-directory. When I went to the Steam Mod library, many f the mods that were not in my MOD sub-directory were still listed as being subscribed. I went through and unsubscribed to the missing mods and re-subscribed. They now were in the MOD sub-directory.

Today, after starting the game, I saw again that I am missing many mods. When i go to Steam, it does not even give me the option to see what mods I have subscribed to.

Something is odd with Steam and the mod library.

Same here, cant get past 50 mods...and i have 88 suscribed. In fact, .mod file of the 51st just sits there without unpacking into a folder.

I can also only get 50 mods out of 200. When I do push the button to get more mods I can download them, I can even see them in the Civ5ModsDatabase.db, after I have exited Civ5. The not so funny thing is that when I do enter the game again it will delete the new mods that was downloaded so that I only have the first 50.

When I look at my subscribed list its mostly the first 50 mods that I did subscribe to, that gets downloaded.

I even deleted all mods, deleted most of stem files exept steam.exe and steamapp folder.
Still it only downloaded the same 50 mods.

I have tried everything and its still 50 mods

Top Bottom