Anyone else "scared" by the Liberalism and Circumvate sound?

Yeah, the liberalism/global warming sound is quite freaky. Compared to the other sounds it's loud and out of place, sounds a bit like a siren: "VREEEEEWWWWW".

I too sometimes panic when I hear the "declared war" sound, as this often occurs while I am waiting for my next turn to start, and I can never know immediately who is going to war with who. Like nooooo! They're gonna invade my lands! Then "oh phew, it was just Montezuma declaring on Isabella"

ya its freaky:cry:

Those war sirens are pretty freaky at 2 in the morning when you're half falling asleep. There's that instant when you don't know if it's war being declared on you or someone else.

The Liberalism/Navigation one doesn't seem to bother me for some reason - maybe it's because I almost always circumnavigate the globe first, so it's become a friendly sound for me! :)

Try building a wonder, having someone declare war on you, and popping oil in the same turn. Happened to me the other night.

knupp715 said:
The liberalism/circumvate sound doesn't throw be off at all. But when the war trumpets sound I jump out of my seat, especially when I have no army :lol:

I know the feeling!

Also, probably more creepy than the Liberalism/Circumnavigate sound was the pillage sound for the game before the 1st or 2nd patch changed it.

CivFan91 said:
Oh? What was it before?

A very cutting sort of screech sound. I don't remember the sound well, but I do remember they changed it because people hated hearing it. Try it yourself if you like.

CivFan91 said:
I found it. It's the sound you get when you capture a city. It's not all that cutting, I like the sound since it means I achieved something. But if I heard it a jillion times... yeah, I can see myself getting irritated by it.

I'm not sure you're talking about the same sound. I'm not sure about the city capture but I'm pretty sure I heard it whenever an enemy pillaged something of mine. Only ever played a couple of games pre-patch though so I can't remember well.

Yes it scares the crap out of you because I normally only get Liberalism first and I am feeling real good about my free tech and then all of a sudden I think something terrible is happening. I even have tried to prepare myself a few times and still got it. LOL

Top Bottom