• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Anyone have experience with property in National Forests?

Gucumatz

JS, secretly Rod Serling
Just curious about how permit applications are for building houses and septic tanks on private-ish property in National Forests. What about permits for commercial experiences (IE renting, transforming homes into hotels, creating small shops, etc.)

I don't own any property in any national forests, but I was just curious about properties sold inside them.

I didn't know any of the national forests were being sold privately. More likely the land is adjacent to, or in some cases perhaps surrounded by, the forest. Or at one time it was park land but is now not (i.e. it was determined by lawmakers to shrink the size of the park). If it's not park land I would think you would follow the county or township laws, but getting access to the property if you must cross park land is a problem (roads, utilities).

While I found something in SD, I'm sure NC and other areas have something similar (you will probably be dealing with the park, or at least need approval from it....definitely be double checking with them before going forward with any development)

https://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fsm9_012259.pdf

Top Bottom