Anyone interested in BUG v3.0 PBEM game?

ruff_hi

Live 4ever! Or die trying
Have you ever played a game by email? Well, its fun - lots of fun. The games are really slow but that means you can spend hours thinking about them.

I'm thinking of a game with 4-6 players that can commit to a game that takes 18 months or so to play where each player is on a team of 2 (or 3).

Any takers? If so, let me know here and we can start discussing game speed, map type, etc.

I'm game. The first PBEM over @ DM didn't cook out too well because of players disappearing... :( Down for another try...

wow - absolutely flooded with people seeking to play in a PBEM game. Imhotep - do you just want to play a normal BtS PBEM between each other? If so, any preference on map type or do you want to use the 'random map' script so we have no idea what is what? We could also play 'unrestricted leaders' for even more fun.

We as team against the AI, we as single players vs. the AI, or we against each other ?

If there is only 2 of us, then how about you and I against the AI but played at a higher difficulty level (Emp or Immortal?).

If there is only 2 of us, then how about you and I against the AI but played at a higher difficulty level (Emp or Immortal?).

it seems I have a really bad case of the stutters.

The game is on the way :D . We will post some reports once we have passed some more turns...

Here is my start ... I moved from 2S1W of my city to bring the corn into range. I didn't see the phant until after I had moved and it was certainly a nice addition. We are currently teching agriculture. After my worker finishes, I am building Stonehenge then putting out a galley to find what I can see.

You may want to change the tread title to something more appropriate..or interesting ;)

thx ainwood - Imhotep, I asked for this to be moved here so that we can turn it into a 'goodbye DM' tribute. Any DM silliness that we should include?

Hm, I don't know. We'll see what comes by the way :) . We met our first opponent:

Seems there is more land to the south. I've finished my work boat, city is set to grow again :) . Will get a warrior now and then a 2nd work boat...

Now this is getting ridiculous. This is one of the best Capitals I've ever had...

wow - guess it is no metal for you then.

Selected mining as the next tech - not sure where to go but that opens up some other options.

Ruff, I've got to say I absolutely love your PbeM Mailer program. Really neat ! :)

·Imhotep·;7169995 said:
Ruff, I've got to say I absolutely love your PbeM Mailer program. Really neat ! :)
Thanks. I got totally sick of starting an email, typing in an address, attaching the save (click hunt click) - was fun writing it - learned a bunch about vb.net and classes.

Any suggestions for improvement?

Top Bottom