Anyone know of a place where you could rent a server for pitboss?

Levgre

King
I'd like to host a game but don't have an extra computer to do so... I'd be willing to pay for one, perhaps splitting the cost 50% myself and then 50% divided amongst the rest of the players.

Anyone have a suggestion for a service?

Given the "awfullness" of the pitboss program(frequent problems / steal all network capacity etc), i think it would be unwise to host it on a computer without direct access. I am sure it is possible to rent serverspace however, but i dunno how you would go about doing so...

I am playing in a pitboss on a server at tacticalgamer.com. Without any problems.
Maybe someone can help you over there.

I am playing in a pitboss on a server at tacticalgamer.com. Without any problems.
Maybe someone can help you over there.

I may be able to arrange to get another server going at TG. However, the drawback there is you won't have direct access to it. This means needing to go through someone else to get it set up and then contacting them everytime something goes wrong.

Now, the server for the current BTS game there has been stable...well, at least until that almost 2 day downtime we just had. ;)

Bernout

It seems that the more games you have running the bigger chance there is of anything going wrong... But yeah if you could run a game or let levegree run a game that could be nice...

You can rent any Server: Windows or Linux, as long as it has a graphical interface (i.e. Remote Desktop Protocol or VNC for Windows/ X11 or VNC for Linux) which you can access. On Linux it should be more work to get it running.

In a german Civ forum someone uses
"Netlimiter"
on Windows to avoid the upload problem. (But it costs 25 €...)
I'd like to have a solution for Linux. (And one for Winows that's free of costs.)

Redarg

Top Bottom