1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything Goes - A Fallout 3 AAR

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Captain2, Aug 25, 2009.

1. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I know where I'm going today, to the bank and to Gamestop down the street :). Perhaps I can start my own AAR on Fallout 3 :D.

2. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

@Scamp: Ask and ye shall recieve
    @Steviejay: Well right now its supposed to be Zeta, Point lookout, Anchorage, and Broken Steel. But again I'm unsure of how well I added them
    @Everyone, Would anyone happen to know how to get Free floating camera working with Vista? I really miss being able to take pictures that aren't really close to his face

Spoiler :

Being careful to avoid becoming a hanging carcass I wait until the henchman has walked underneath me, waiting as he inches closer and closer, until he snaps the trap I have laid specially for hi...

Huh? Rachel?

life comes crashing down upon my dream once again....

:confused:: huh? whats going on Amata?
    :You've got to get out of here! Your Dad is gone and my father's men are looking for you!
    "What do you mean, My dad is "gone"?"
    "He's left the vault! I don't know how, but he's gone, and my father... he's kind of gone crazy."
    " I've never seen you so scared Amata, what happened?"
    "Its Jonas... They killed him! my father's men. they took him, and... Oh my God you have to leave, now!"

Well she didn't need to tell me to get out again, as far as I'm concerned running away becomes manditory upon first bloodshed. Amata gave me her fathers pistol and I happily accepted it, not only am I now armed but he father isn't.

As I attempt to sneak out, I accidentally alert a guard

What I wouldn't give for a good cardboard box. Luckily something else catches his attention.

I run back into my room and grab my BB gun and baseball bat, I then hide behind a table in hopes that the guard will figure I simply escaped

Of course my luck isn't that good, I'm forced to defend myself

After ritualistically looting his body, I continue my escape

Well, I'd have to be really vindictive to let his mother be eaten by roaches because of a fight three years ago

Lending him my BB gun, we make short work of the roaches and I'm awarded for my efforts

*not pictured yet, Neville looking badass*

A shame really, as I feel somewhat responsible for not doing something like yelling "They're going to shoot you as well!" I take solace in avenging the deaths of two unarmed civilians.

taking down another two guards on my way out, I comes across a horrible sight

As I'm not a fan my friends being beaten with batons, I take a great deal of pleasure in the next occurance

"SNEAK ATTACK!"

after such an impressive show and a short conversation, I manage to get the key from the Overseer and get to the front door without further bloodshed, of course coming across something horrible on my way out.

I honour my fallen friend in my own special way:

Spiffy

Amata meets me again to say goodbye, for possibly the final time...

...Its cut short by two guards appearing and prepaing to beat me to a bloody pulp, as they have an irrational hatred for long farewells

oh crap

I think I want to take my chances back with the guards

3. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth Emperor

Woah, you can see to the washington monument in the pc version? Awesome.

4. Karmic Knight

Karmic Knight Neurotic To the Bone

Ah, the boundless bounty of a devastated landscape.

5. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth Emperor

You should have bashed the overseer's head in. I did it, it was great, a nice sneak attack critical with a baseball bat, smashing his smug annoying skull in. Of course that little skank Amata didn't appreciate my saving her and got all huffy and told me to never come back.

6. GenMarshall

Hit em with a stick!! Hit him with a stick! Aww, security guard go down :p. CRIT BAT FTW! (I hope Captian2 did not have "BONK!" in his mind when he used the baseball bat as a weapon ;)). Also, did ya get a chance to gnab the Medicine Bobble head? I take it you opted to not change your stats after leaving the door to the Capital Wasteland.

If I see thoes radroaches, I'm gonna go Gordon Freeman on their butts "DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!! These bugs think they own the place! Keep running you little bastards!"

Boy the striders really have overtaken the city... ...oops wrong game :lol:

7. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

8. Darth_Pugwash

Darth_Pugwash wobble wobble

:goodjob:

9. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Would anyone happen to know what may cause Fallout 3 to freeze every 10 seconds or so?

I've tried a few methods of fixing it but nothing appears to be working right now

10. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth Emperor

It's made by bethesda, that's why it does that.

11. Fetus4188

Fetus4188 Deity

Fallout3 is good stuff. I look forward to seeing it played through someone else's eyes.

12. GenMarshall

Not sure why, my guess is that it has to refresh part of the map.

13. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Its making it impossible to get an update done, I'll see if I can fix it, if not I'll try to reinstall without the DLC, if that fails.... ugh

14. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

15. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

yes I have

16. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

By "freeze" do you mean that you have to kill the game in Task Manager? I had a problem like that, and I got around it by playing the game in windowed mode.

17. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

yeah thats the problem I'm having...

and I'll give that a shot

18. GenMarshall

Also Captain, I found out how you can get the free camera movement. Hit the "~" key which will bring up a console. From there you can type in "tfc - toggle free camera; lets you move around the camera at will. To take pictures of your character, make sure you go into third person mode first."

More console commands for Fallout 3 here :)

19. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

Any good news on fixing the problem? :(

20. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

So far, so good

I'll let you know if the problems return though, until then I'm working on the update