1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything Goes - A Fallout 3 AAR

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Captain2, Aug 25, 2009.

1. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Don't get jumped by the raiders and mole rats ;).

2. Karmic Knight

Karmic Knight Neurotic To the Bone

Wonderful.

3. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Spoiler :

After climbing down from the vault entrance and heading towards.... well.... nothing really, I just sort of headed the route I was facing. I really have no destination or even a purpose for existing anymore now that I've been banished from my home.

A sign pointed me towards a place called megaton, I certainly hoped that I could find some answers or even a purpose there.

So I guess it imploded? stupid signs leading me to the middle of nowhe....

Oh lovely, I get to go inside the giant pile of rubble

I was greeted at the entrance by a sheriff of some kind, I had to be very careful as these outsiders can often be dangerous without provocation

Of course he's likely just waiting for me to lower my guard, I went to the local supply stand in the rubble city and spoke to the owner

You heard about me when I've only been in town long enough for a single conversation? and I didn't mention to Lucas that I came from a vault....

I sense a conspiracy most foul indeed, It seems possible that Moria here has forcably kidnapped my father! I shall do whatever it takes to overthrow her evil empire, free my father and clear our names with the overseer!

I ask the vile Empress what she wants, of course keeping the conversation purely to subtext so her Imperial guardsman in the corner doesn't see fit to blow me away.

She is apparently writing a book and requires help to finish it, I now understand her plan as she will get me to risk my own well being out of single minded concern of saving my fathers life.

I accept her task, buy a few supplies and set to work, I am but a pawn in this game Moria has crafted.

4. e350tb

e350tb Stupendously Illogical Englishman

Neville's gettin' paranoid!

5. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Great AAR! Keep it coming!

6. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

good to see neville back in action... remember to detonate the megaton.... muhahaha

7. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Spoiler :

After being given a protective vault suit by Moira, likely to keep me from dying before her book is finished, I head off to the Super Duper mart in search of food.

Preoccupied with trying to find a way to get back inside the vault once Dad is rescued I failed to notice a dog sneaking up on me until he had already helped himself to a health chunk of my behind.

being the fan of action movies that I am, I saw the perfect opportunity to use a witty killing line

"It's time to rub your nose...."

"... In Blood!"

I am quite simply awesome :goodjob:

Coming to the entrance to the super-duper-mart, I began wondering how seriously these people take their shoplifting policies.

I find small amounts of food as well as something actually worth my trip, A LAZER GUN!

isn't the future present awesome?

While searching for medicine I come across another wonder of this age.

Go forth Robot-friend and destroy my enemies!

Of course cruel fate intervenes and strikes down the robot before he can cause any serious damage

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm brought back to my senses by a bullet to the shoulder

*Girlish Shrieks*

8. steviejay

steviejay Now in Black and White!!

Run man run!!!

9. GenMarshall

Vicious Dog scums to a CRIT bullet! Cuh-rit :lol:

Its the Capital Wasteland Raiders!! They are sooo small, it's funny to me! (Unless one of em is armed with a Missile Launcher, then it's like a scout going toe to toe with a soldier in TF2 :scared: )

10. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Helloooo Chil-dren. Its my day off so you know what that means? Update!

Spoiler :
    Upon getting my bullet ridden hindquarters out of the Super Duper mart I managed to return to megaton without incident, For some reason the raiders didn't seem to care about my theft or the death of their comrades once I had gone outside the door, surely they must know something I don't about the dangers lurking outside.

On my way back to my evil overlord Moria, I came across this helpless little fellow, fascinated by the shimmering and dancing water as it freely flows from the pipe. I'd fix it but I just cannot allow myself to break him from the state of Nirvana he must be in.

After informing the Empress of my success I'm awarded with iguana bits and a food sanitizer. Likely a veiled threat at my fathers safety along the lines of "If you fail your next task I will cut him to bits...... and then sanitize him"

this time I think she's just trying to kill me, once again bottling my rage I accept my mission and ask for specifics

She likely has her former subjects plucked from the unlucky population by her royal guard.

I of course accept as though I had a choice in the matter and walk outside looking for a massive source of radation

Bingo!

Going against some advice I think I heard during college, I decide to drink the bomb water.

OM NOM NOM NOM BOM

With cracks like these do I still even need to convince you she's evil?

My spleen is punching my lungs!

!?!?!?!

So, I'm a freak now.... Lovely, I guess it only makes sense that she now wants to send me to a minefield. Hopefully to put me out of my misery.

11. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I lol'd. Moira is one of my favourite characters in Fallout 3 (that I've met).

12. GenMarshall

My least favorite, them damned Talon Company Mercs!

13. Maniacal

Are we reading the same thread? What the hell does Talon Company have to do with Moira?

14. Double Stack

Double Stack Prince

CivGeneral was saying in response to your favorite in Fallout 3 that his least favorite is the Talon Mercs. Just a bit off topic but still in the realm. :)

15. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Spoiler :
    After successfully turning myself into a freak, I head out into the darkness of the night to navigate my way through a minefield. Joy.

I encounter two bloatfly along the way, I really like them as I find it so convenient to simply shoot your foe in the brain and then be done with it

That must be my goal, luckily the minefield keeps raiders away so I can just sneak in, collect a few mines and then leave.

In fact theres one right there, lets get in closer for a better look at her

She's a beaut! being careful not to anger this testy little explosive I carefully stick it in my backpack

Thats odd... I didn't notice a car burning when I was scouting out the pl....

*screaming*

After the explosion, I notice little bits of earth flying around me... I take a few moments for my ears to stop ringing before noticing the sound of gunfire

The bullets seem to be coming from this general area... using the houses as cover I sneak towards the source

My attacker pegs the tires a few times in hopes of frightening me little does he know that Neville Ryan has already wet himself, thank you very much

Oh hell

Thats it! I'll be the one making all the explosions around here from now on!

Pulling out my secret weapon (that I purchased earlier from Empress Moira) I find my attacker and set my portable recording player to "No More Mr Nice Guy"

Muhahahaha

Bloody hell

Quickly ducking behind a tree, I prepare a grenade to take down my elderly foe

Och, I'm bad at this

I run to the wall of the school while he's reloading and prepare to sneak around him so I can give him a face full of lazer gun

And run right into a mine, crippling my leg for the remainder of this duel

I sit for a moment or two and wonder what to do until a bullet strikes me in my bad leg

the old bugger has somehow snuck behind me and is proceeding to unload his clip, I take the chance to capture the high ground and hobble my way upstairs

The tension rises, I've yet to do the old man and serious damage while meanwhile I've been shot three times and had my leg reduced to something resembling a meat textured silly putty

Editors Note: Neville attempted to throw a grenade at Arkansas here, but it appears he accidentally threw the camera we provided him instead. Upon realizing his mistake he threw a real one and managed to fatally wound his opponent.

I then take the time to pose over my trophy as I have won against the deadliest prey of all, Old Man

16. Jos Ballenbak

Jos Ballenbak Zombiehunter, duh.....

Sweet.

17. Gelion

Gelion Captain

What is the freak reference? A ghoul? I cant see much in those photos.

18. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Oh, In the last update Neville suffered a mutation and therefore now reguards himself as a freak, it hasn't affected his appearance but knowing his DNA is strange is enough to make him feel a bit put out :p

19. Gelion

Gelion Captain

I must be confusing that with a mod where you could become a ghoul after suffering radiation poisoning. You should consider it ;)

20. Maniacal

Huh didn't know he would leave the 'safety' of his ruined building. He was quite the surprise on my first playthrough,
    Spoiler :
    then I enslaved him on the 2nd playthrough as of the 4 targets you're given to enter Paradise Falls he's the only one who isn't useful or going to be nice to you.