Anything Goes - A Fallout 3 AAR

At the end everybody goes bad, being good is just too exhausting.

At the end everybody goes bad, being good is just too exhausting.

In Fallout 1 and 2 it was possible to "stay on the good side" until the end :p

Spoiler :

Returning from my duel with Arkansas (How I know his name I don't know... He might have yelled it at me while turning me into bullet storage) I find the Imperial Palace closed. Looking for some kind of lodgings I ask the nearest citizen and get told to visit craterside supply.

Luckily I spot a saloon off in the distance and decide if I can't find a place to stay I'll just drink until Moria opens up.

The place is a bit of a dive, but then again I haven't really seen anything that nice looking since I left the vault. I stand at the entrance and casually observe the events of the morning.

A ghoul trys fruitlessly to fix his radio, the nearby woman insists that the radio station itself is having the problem

I of course fix everything by walking up and turning his radio off, The ghoul daydreams sadly about the happy times when his radio actually worked.

"Sorry, I don't have that much" Sadly I don't get a discount if I tell her to stay down here while I sleep

I have a sudden, very deep urge to steal crap and dump it all over your saloon

A man in the corner waves me over, likely wishing for me to discuss the outrageous prices at this establishment.

The man with the Librarian glasses makes an interesting offer as I could potentially destroy Empress Moira and her Imperial guard, however I'd likely inadvertantly kill some people who didn't deserve it.

I'll need some time to collect my thoughts.....

Unless you use mods :p

At least the game doesn't TAUNT you for your choices, my roomate's friend was playing good in inFamous (b/c my roommate already played evil), and the game goes out of it's way to taunt you for choosing good over evil.

Neville needs to ask himself, What would Liam Neeson do?

I suppose the question then is whitch Liam Neeson does Neville listen to, the Qui-Gon Jinn sitting on his shoulder or the Ra's al Ghul

Don't kill Nova.... thats my input.

I confuse the poor sap, agree to take the pulse charge (if playing a Female PC, use the Black Widdow perk) and tell Simms about it (after I get a combat shotty of course to blow Burke's head off) and disarm the bomb :lol:

Question on Captain2, what are your character's skill levels after you had leveled up after "Escape!" (eg: Big Guns, Medicine, etc)?

Are we reading the same thread? What the hell does Talon Company have to do with Moira?

CivGeneral was saying in response to your favorite in Fallout 3 that his least favorite is the Talon Mercs. Just a bit off topic but still in the realm. :)

Exactly what Double Stack said. No need to get hopping mad and bite my head off :sad:.

Question on Captain2, what are your character's skill levels after you had leveled up after "Escape!" (eg: Big Guns, Medicine, etc)?

Not sure about after escape but I happen to have a shot from just after killing Arkansas

Spoiler :
Deciding that I'm a man of honour and no matter what beef I may have with the despot of Megaton the people do not deserve to suffer for it. I go and inform the Sheriff as he seems like a good man that I can trust to do the right thing.

Wasteland Justice of course the nickname I've given my mean right hook. *Blows on fingernails*

Lucas and I barge into the saloon, ready to face off against this dangerous fiend.

Umm... I think I'm picking up the wrong conversation, I'll try to focus on Simms and Burke

Burke isn't much of a detective is he? Perhaps its the fellow who's following the man arresting you

Thankfully things are going peacefully, which is good because I'm running out of bullets

I lock onto Burke with my 10mm pistol, sadly being the second fastest draw in the room has its downfalls and Simms goes down. Three shots peg Burke in the side of the head but he manages to stay standing and turns his pistol on me.

The fight goes poorly as I try desperately to find some kind of cover

Sadly even attempting to hide behind a sheet, A bullet to the shoulder teaches me the problem with my plan.

I force Burke to take cover and run upstairs, I contemplate pulling out one of my grenades and simply ending the fight, however with the possibility of bar patrons being added to the casualty list I decide I need to take another tactic.

Taking a few steps back and grabbing a pool cue I found laying around, I run full speed in Burkes direction and throw myself over the railing

Waaaagh!

Looking down on Burkes lifeless body, I suddenly see through the rage that had engulfed my thoughts and deeds. I feel my knees weaken and I'm forced to sit on a barstool to avoid collapsing. I'm snapped back to reality by a kid pulling on my sleeve

".....Your dad?"

Damn, I need a drink

First time around I did pretty much the same thing, though I followed it up with "ah well, no point letting a good hat and jacket go to waste" and nabbed Simm's stuff.

I go swanning out the door and nonchalantly wander down the street, only to bump into his kid...whilst I'm wearing his dad's clothes.

I felt a teeny bit guilty after that.

Does it make a difference? When I played it on the 360 nothing much happened either way indeed getting him killed is actually quite handy because you then get his Chinese Assault Rifle

Top Bottom