Spain
Deity
Earth
Huge

All default settings except:
Max civs: 22 Civs
Max CS: 41
Resources: sparse

restart the game until you spawn in Australia near the barrier reef. Take one with nature for +16 faith from the two natural wonders and +1000 early gold.

Good luck.

:scan:

Spoiler :
Can.. can you upload that save? Please?

Post that save please.

Oh now you love me.

My only advice: rush buy a shrine ASAP if you want a religion because the AI starts spamming faith early.

ALL DLC enabled gold version for anyone that cares.

Attachments

• anzac.jpg
    anzac.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 428
  • ANZAC.Civ5Save
    741.7 KB · Views: 48

+17 faith
20 science

The blue settler 3 tiles from Madrid makes me curious.

There is a problem with spawns on huge earth maps with lots of civs and CS. I DOW on turn 2 for the free worker.

Spain so desperately needs a balance patch. As in, to balance out Isabella's manic depressive effectiveness.

:deadhorse:
Spoiler :
Can.. can you upload that save? Please?

You won't need luck with settings like that, games is already won, what's the point? :rolleyes:

I've lost enough at Civ 5, it's nice to win every once and while with ease.

Latest screen cap attached.

Attachments

• GCT_aerial-gold-coast-australia-broadwater.jpg
    GCT_aerial-gold-coast-australia-broadwater.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 298
I have lost plenty too, but don't find cooked settings appealing, but to each his own.

I prefer IC3 to this, sure it's a slog and not very enjoyable but at least is an honest map, and a challenging water map, which is rare and one you won't likely rush with frigates which is even rarer, which makes for a different and interesting game. Trying for some BS on it now, hope there will be oil somewhere...

Thanks. I actually found the truth myself after playing the map a bit.

Spoiler :
Well... *rolls eyes*

Don't worry I will take care of your cities well! ^__^
Spoiler :
Also no other AIs saw this. So this will forever be our little secret, Willy.

This is so easy it's not even remotely funny, lol. It also reminded me why Babylon is OP with the early +8 science.

Spoiler :

I was 4th in science at turn 76, lol....

One oddity I found...

Spoiler :
Why does the Ottoman capital only have 6 pop by turn 92? That seems impossible... it doesn't SEEM like his capital got taken by someone else or anything like that.

Oh god please die in a fire Harun al-Rashid.

Spoiler :

I didn't buy the Shrine. I just hard-built it and still got One with Nature. I didn't know that the Spanish UA doubles One with Nature's bonus until today. This is also the first game which I saw the AI taking Faith Healer.

Thanks. I actually found the truth myself after playing the map a bit.

In all honesty I haven't played the map at all. I like how you are #4 in literacy on turn 76. Keep pressing your advantage, the AI can do some sneaky stuff.

Spoiler :
Why does the Ottoman capital only have 6 pop by turn 92? That seems impossible... it doesn't SEEM like his capital got taken by someone else or anything like that

The earth map is weird. There are basically no +faith wonders and with the amount of civs spawning there are probably some civs that you could count as essentially CS. I also think the sparse resource check is going to significantly affect the game.

I was hoping to create an endgame close to real world conditions.

In all honesty I haven't played the map at all. I like how you are #4 in literacy on turn 76. Keep pressing your advantage, the AI can do some sneaky stuff.

Spoiler :
Why does the Ottoman capital only have 6 pop by turn 92? That seems impossible... it doesn't SEEM like his capital got taken by someone else or anything like that

The earth map is weird. There are basically no +faith wonders and with the amount of civs spawning there are probably some civs that you could count as essentially CS. I also think the sparse resource check is going to significantly affect the game.

I was hoping to create an endgame close to real world conditions.

Well I stopped playing it; I am almost certainly going to win by science given my lead already, and the time per turn is getting too long.

Nobody expects the Spanish scientific revolution.

Well I stopped playing it; I am almost certainly going to win by science given my lead already, and the time per turn is getting too long.

Yeah, turn time is unfortunately the problem with doing a map of that size with that many civs and CS.

Eh, I found myself a great mix. Mayans, desert start. Take DF. Win.

Actually. Desert starts with DF are just OP anyways. I enjoy the crap out of it, though. Nothing like the Mayan Papal State crushing surrounding European civs in tasty RP revenge.

I don't know what you are talking about. This thread is how awesome Spain is when you get NW.

This thread is how awesome Spain is when you get NW.

That may have been revelatory for you, but it's been a pretty well known fact since, um, the day after the Spain DLC was released. In fact, there was a thread last week with nothing but OP Spain saves.

If you reroll, reroll, reroll to get multiple NWs for Spain, yes, they can be fun to play. Without the NWs, meh. Some like that imbalance; others find it irritating.

That may have been revelatory for you, but it's been a pretty well known fact since, um, the day after the Spain DLC was released. In fact, there was a thread last week with nothing but OP Spain saves.

If you reroll, reroll, reroll to get multiple NWs for Spain, yes, they can be fun to play. Without the NWs, meh. Some like that imbalance; others find it irritating.

hmmmm april 14th Isabella thread. Reminds me of the Isabella information era start thread I made weeks before April 14th.*

*under a different account name but I do not aknowledge the existence of such an account.

Top Bottom