AOL F***** Trillian again

H Tower

Prince
That's right, if you use trillian for connecting to the aol instant messenger server, you are currently offline, again.

edit

Originally posted by Greadius
Uhm... if AOL isn't working, get another ISP.

And AIM is free so, really, you get what you pay for there. :confused:

i don't use aol. i use aol instant messenger when i have to, like now. i don't WANT to use it, i'd rather use trillian, but aol doesn't like the idea of a different messenger service using its servers.

edit

Ahem! Let's keep things civil here.

AoA already corrected so I will continue with the discussion. As was pointed out over at the Trillian forums AIM does generate revenue in the form of advertisement. Use Trillian and you cut that money maker out and why should AOL pay for us to talk for free online? Do you want to pay directly for the use of an IM? Hell no, neither do I, that is why I don't mind ads. Now as I said at Trillian, maybe if Trillian attempted to make a compromise and show ads for AOL only chat then they might be allowed on the AOL IM network.

BTW, I heard that Trillian .070 still works with AOL IMing. I read that it has to do with the encryption that AOL is bothered with in the newest versions, 0.71, 0.72, 0.721, and 0.722.

well, i got v.724, and it seems to be working now. about my foul language, well, i was a little pissed that this was the second time aol has made it so trillian won't run aim.

and then there was the poster who had no idea what he was talking about...:p

Originally posted by H Tower
and then there was the poster who had no idea what he was talking about...:p
It is called making a mistake and not cursing at them is called being merciful. Since you were not meciful and decided to insult (read: flame, read more: bannable) the mistaken poster why should AoA and I be merciful and not ban you? ;)

I am now having problems with MSN and AIM even with Trillian .724

there's a new patch available for .724

:)

(i'll try to keep my manners next time. i guess i've been hanging out at poly too much:crazyeyes )

edit: this would be a good thread to delete, i don't like what i did here.. somebody? please delete this?

Originally posted by H Tower
(i'll try to keep my manners next time. i guess i've been hanging out at poly too much:crazyeyes )
edit: this would be a good thread to delete, i don't like what i did here.. somebody? please delete this?
You can always modify your own post, but since you apologized for your actions everyone can see what a swell guy you are again so I wouldn't worry about it. :D

Top Bottom